What Issues do you have?  

261 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Next time you talk to someone, ask them what they drove before, how old it was and wheather they drive high way speeds or not... I had a 10 year old Avalanche and my New Truck Drives a lot better and feels so NEW! So folks may feel the occasional Vibration and chalk it up to a bad Patch of Road Like I did... It was 2 months before I drove High Way Speeds and noticed the Vibration and came to this site...

I agree, when I first picked the truck up, I found the radio issue, and a vibe from the AFM. Once I stared hitting the highway with substantial speed (I have one of the slowest commutes/ Worst traffic in the country going route 3 in MA) when I really started paying attention, I began finding more and more vibrations when I would be driving at different speeds, and even at idle (rough idle)

• Like 1

I do know that they don't have to honor AFTER MARKET ACCESSORIES, AFTER MARKET being the key, my accessories are not after market, they are GM Factory accessories that were added by the dealer and sold to me as part of the truck. GM bases the buy back on the original stick, not what anyone else does to it, dealers included.

As far as the MSRP to MSRP not costing anything, that is just fundamentally untrue, in the majority of states there is a usage fee based upon the mileage driven, secondly to use BDKFL from one of the vibration threads, they couldn't get a transfer of collateral so their interest rate changed, they had to re pay the doc and financing fees, and because you now have a new vehicle again, your excise tax goes back up, and remains up again because the vehicle is worth more now.

No matter how you look at it, it's costing you money one way or another

Yes this is absolutely true, Law suits take time, that is an absolute given, but for many people, myself included, it is the only option as GM refuses to do any more work to get to the third repair attempt to reach the lemon law. yes you could file a breach or warranty claim, but then you have to pay attorneys out of pocket where as with a class action, you don't have to.

see above for substitution of collateral not always working

This is exactly why I am working toward this, new customers don't know about the problems, and GM is outright refusing to do anything for many of us on our trucks. Once this really takes off, I suspect GM will be pretty quick to either start repairing or replacing vehicles all together. This isn't going to be something that a few hundred thousand or even a few million dollars will take care of. There are way too many vehicles out there with issues that need addressing.

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but remember you have a national audience and while some of your comments may be true in Mass. Not true in other states.

1. There is no excise tax in most if not all states but Mass.

2. No Doc fee or other dealer charge is allowed.

3. There is no useage fee on a replacement vehicle, this only applies to cash buy back. If a GM employee asks for one they will back off if you object. If you opt for cash-The useage fee varies by state. A few states have no useage fee allowed; most are calculated from date of the first dealer visit for the defect. A few like my state go from the date of arbitration request to the BBB. This info as per BBB, check your own state by "Google Lemon Law State". BBB also told me that GM isn't letting most cases get to arbitration.

4. Some lenders will do a sub of collateral, some will redo the loan under current terms, some require a new loan.....only takes a call to the lender.

All I can say for sure is that my deal is MSRP to MSRP and GM pays all other fees to the dealer and recording the title. I pay the dif in MSRP plus sales tax on that amount...nothing else-period. My 2014 must be returned in stock condition and there is no charge for "normal wear". I'm getting free use for 24,000+ miles and a 2 model year newer vehicle. In my case I thought that was more than fair and the best deal for me. I have a few hours time removing my radar detector, mud flaps, bed rug and bed cover but I installed them myself so no out of pocket$.

I'm not trying to influence any opinions but I do think it's fair to tell both sides of the story. For many the class action will be the right decision. A few months ago I was angry enough to choose the class action route. I wish you all the best, GM deserves to suffer for putting out a vehicle with too many issues.

• Like 2

I'm not trying to rain on your parade but remember you have a national audience and while some of your comments may be true in Mass. Not true in other states.

1. There is no excise tax in most if not all states but Mass.

2. No Doc fee or other dealer charge is allowed.

3. There is no useage fee on a replacement vehicle, this only applies to cash buy back. If a GM employee asks for one they will back off if you object. If you opt for cash-The useage fee varies by state. A few states have no useage fee allowed; most are calculated from date of the first dealer visit for the defect. A few like my state go from the date of arbitration request to the BBB. This info as per BBB, check your own state by "Google Lemon Law State". BBB also told me that GM isn't letting most cases get to arbitration.

4. Some lenders will do a sub of collateral, some will redo the loan under current terms, some require a new loan.....only takes a call to the lender.

All I can say for sure is that my deal is MSRP to MSRP and GM pays all other fees to the dealer and recording the title. I pay the dif in MSRP plus sales tax on that amount...nothing else-period. My 2014 must be returned in stock condition and there is no charge for "normal wear". I'm getting free use for 24,000+ miles and a 2 model year newer vehicle. In my case I thought that was more than fair and the best deal for me. I have a few hours time removing my radar detector, mud flaps, bed rug and bed cover but I installed them myself so no out of pocket$.

I'm not trying to influence any opinions but I do think it's fair to tell both sides of the story. For many the class action will be the right decision. A few months ago I was angry enough to choose the class action route. I wish you all the best, GM deserves to suffer for putting out a vehicle with too many issues.

I have no problem with you showing another side, I'm not an attorney, and I don't know all the laws for every state, I know what they are in my state, and what I'm told by others throughout the country who have been and are still going through the process. Good for you on having a state that is good for this kind of thing, but not all of us are that lucky. If we can't even get GM to give us a third repair attempt to meet lemon law requirements, then we don't have much of a choice.

I encourage everyone to explore their options, I'm even still doing that myself, but in the mean time, I have this going. If I get a satisfactory resolution, i will pass the lead off to someone else who isn't/ hasn't been as lucky and be on my way, the attorneys could even run with it themselves. In the mean time, we have something legitimate going that could potentially help a lot of people, and I will stand behind that all day long. I continue to post any finding I get/ come across to to both the attorneys and everyone in the threads here. Even if I get a resolution I'm still going to work with everyone online here, and the attorneys to try to help more people out.

Signing on with me basically means nothing right now. its just to show the attorneys that there are people interested and have issues with their vehicles. they can still opt out of the class at any point so it literally has no effect on any settlement they may get until this is finished, nor does it prevent them from seeking settlement on their own. however once the attorneys get 100 people total, everyone automatically becomes a member of the "class" and will have to "opt out" if they want to try to go on their own. If someone already sued and took a settlement, they are excluded, yet if someone traded without getting anything from GM they may be able to get compensation for any excess loss they experiences. there are many reason to be part or the case and probably just as many not to be. but until the case is about to close, being a part of it has no effect on what they may be able to accomplish on their own.

just being honest with everyone

Next time you talk to someone, ask them what they drove before, how old it was and wheather they drive high way speeds or not... I had a 10 year old Avalanche and my New Truck Drives a lot better and feels so NEW! So folks may feel the occasional Vibration and chalk it up to a bad Patch of Road Like I did... It was 2 months before I drove High Way Speeds and noticed the Vibration and came to this site...

Again, good luck. I have asked these questions, talked to a guy from Florida yesterday with a high country who drives up here every few months. He had no complaints and said the ride is always smooth. My truck also has slight vibration at 70 + mph but is very slight. I still think it is crap tires but after 8k miles it has not got better or worse so who knows. I do know that if I had a vibration as bad as some of you I would be pretty upset and would probably dump the truck far another brand and never give GM ant more of my money down the road.

I don't know where most states don't have excise tax, but in Oklahoma that is all we have as our vehicles don't have property tax of sales tax on them. We pay excise tax with in the first 30 days of the sale of 3.25% of the sales price minus any rebates. So if you paid that on the current vehicle you will have to pay that on the new vehicle if GM buys the old one back or does cash or trade assistance.

I am waiting to see what happens with the next radio update, I would rather have the radio fixed as I will be out the money for the excise tax, out the money for the tires I put on the truck, the exhaust work and all of the other things that cant be swapped over.

The only good for me that would come out of the deal would be I would order a 2016 Sierra AT in the color I want with the 6.2l/8spd combo and would get the new power locking tailgate, factory bed liner, factory drop down steps and I would only order the options I would want.

I don't know where most states don't have excise tax, but in Oklahoma that is all we have as our vehicles don't have property tax of sales tax on them. We pay excise tax with in the first 30 days of the sale of 3.25% of the sales price minus any rebates. So if you paid that on the current vehicle you will have to pay that on the new vehicle if GM buys the old one back or does cash or trade assistance.

I am waiting to see what happens with the next radio update, I would rather have the radio fixed as I will be out the money for the excise tax, out the money for the tires I put on the truck, the exhaust work and all of the other things that cant be swapped over.

The only good for me that would come out of the deal would be I would order a 2016 Sierra AT in the color I want with the 6.2l/8spd combo and would get the new power locking tailgate, factory bed liner, factory drop down steps and I would only order the options I would want.

so i'm guessing there isn't any update on the radios then? Yea, that getting the new trans would be a nice benefit.... assuming its actually good, has anyone seen/ heard anything about it, its expected reliability, etc?

I am on hold as of now with the new update, they are still validating since the code was imported over from the 2016 system and had to be re-written for the 2014. The engineers ran into some issues getting the code to work and are trying to make sure everything works before they push it out. If something goes awry it will hose up some modules that will then have to be replaced.

Supposed to hear from the engineers sometime in October.

The new 8L90E is doing well, once GM got some programming issues sorted out and some tolerance issues with the clutches. I have heard nothing but great things as long as those issues have been addressed.

I am on hold as of now with the new update, they are still validating since the code was imported over from the 2016 system and had to be re-written for the 2014. The engineers ran into some issues getting the code to work and are trying to make sure everything works before they push it out. If something goes awry it will hose up some modules that will then have to be replaced.

Supposed to hear from the engineers sometime in October.

The new 8L90E is doing well, once GM got some programming issues sorted out and some tolerance issues with the clutches. I have heard nothing but great things as long as those issues have been addressed.

they sure as hell have a lot of programming issues with the '14 & '15 models haha

--UPDATE--

I got the call from Chevy Customer Assistance today and got exactly what I expected, "They are unable to do anything for me because all of the issues I mentioned are deemed normal operation"

these people are absolute scum, I am going to be doing everything in my power to make this a Major issues for them and make sure that it all becomes VERY Public when the attorneys come back with confirmation and give me the ok that they are taking it, and that I can bring it public. I'm sure that a few of my friends who work at NBC headquarters would love to help jump start their career with something like this :rolleyes:

• Like 1

Hey everyone, I just wanted to post an update as to what is happening.

I received a call back from the law firm I have been working. They have declined the case because they have determined that it is a breach of warranty claim, and not a defect claim which is what they handle. They DID say we have a very very strong case, but it's just not one they handle. I put a call in to a new firm that I got off recommendation and they are now checking it out, this firm is one that handles breach of warranty/ breach of contract, deceptive business practices etc. Now we wait... again.

I am also planning to file a claim in small claims court over GM trying to push the GoodYear Wrangler SR-A's as an all terrain tire. I have printed out 5 different websites (TireRack, Hogan Tire, Sears, Sullivan Tire, and Town Fair Tire) which all list them as a " Highway All-Season Tire" I have also printed out the GoodYear page for the SR-A's which do have the little All Terrain Logo, but in GoodYear's own description contradicts it saying that it is "Our best tire for highway driving with enhanced traction, optimized tread wear and handling on wet roads- complimented by a quiet ride. Trusted for Original Equipment on leading pick-up trucks."

Twice it mentions on road, but no where does it mention all terrain or off road capability. It goes on to say that its enhanced traction is in rain, snow and ice. and then a few more times about wet roads, still never saying a word about all terrain or off road, which is what I paid for as did many other people here.

I also have a print out of every all terrain tire available on TireRack, and nearly every single on has either the words All Terrain or the A/T in the name, even all but 1 of the other GoodYears, which is easily distinguishable as an A/T Tire by its tread pattern, yet when you check the Highway All Season list, not one has the words All Terrain or A/T, this is also where the Wrangler SR-A is listed.

I went even further to pull up and print out the capability ratings form TireRack for 2 of GoodYear's REAL A/T Tires, The Bridgestone Dueller A/T RH-S which is the upgraded A/T Tire that came on my 22" GM Factory Rims, as well as the SR-A, this comparison proves that this tire that GM is trying to push as A/T doesn't have anywhere near the capability of a REAL A/T tire that GoodYear has. Now in case anybody is wondering, GoodYear does have a Wrangles All- Terrain Tire, and that is its actual name AT, AT/S, All Terrain Adventure. Furthermore, if you compare the tread patters of the real All Terrain Tire, you can easily see the differences, the SR-A looks much more like their Wrangler Fortitude HT, Wrangler HP, Wrangler HT, and Wrangler ST which all refer to their highway capability, and not their off road or A/T capability as their real A/T tires do.

If you look at the key differences between a true A/T tire, and a highway tire, it mentions the tread depth being greater on the A/T, the "tread blocks" are generally bigger and have angles around them to increase traction, there are no direct channels running around the circumference of the tire, and the shoulders have a bolstered edge on the side tread blocks to increase off road traction, especially on rock. These all contradict the Wrangler SR-A's, Lastly, not that this has anything to do with it other than the fact that the Wrangler SR-A is one of the cheapest tires in the line.

Jesse D.

Edited by Jesse D

I will agree with ya on the SR-A tires, I pulled mine the day I bought the truck and put Nitto Terra Grapplers on the truck for the very reason you stated. Worse is that GM charges another $200 for those worthless Goodyear tires on top of what they already charge you for the regular tires that is built into the price of the truck.

I'm sure that a few of my friends who work at NBC headquarters would love to help jump start their career with something like this :rolleyes:

Wasn't it NBC that planted a lit model rocket engine under a car (GM?) to demonstrate an explosion risk if that car were rear-ended?

I imagine that NBC, of all news organizations, would be cautious with faulty vehicle stories.