Looking for a recommendation for DIY service manuals for the 2001 2500hd Silverado. The Haynes and Chilton manuals do not cover the 8.1 nor the Allison transmission.

Thanks,

Paul

Www.helminc.com

Ryan

Check ebay

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

Sign in to follow this  

• Similar Content

• By Southern Comfort
      Is there anywhere online or a site that you can find a full parts breakdown manual like the ones the dealers refer to when you order parts? I am searching in particular for one on a 92 GMC Sierra C1500. I have all the service manuals but would like to find a complete parts breakdown showing part numbers and such on the truck.

Thanks
    • By bronyaur
      I recently inherited a 2002 Silverado 1500 Standard cab 4.8L 4x4 manual NV3500 transmission.  It has 208k miles on it.  My oldest son is 14 and we plan to restore it so he'll have something to drive when he gets his license.  It drives very nicely.  There's some slop in the front end and I expect it's due a pitman and idler arm, ball joints, and probably tie rod ends.  Aside from that, the only thing that concerns me is shifting from 2nd to 3rd.  It's really hard to find 3rd gear, and when I do it takes a little force to get it in there.  Downshifting from 4th to 3rd is smooth.  Any ideas as to the cause and fix?
    • By wing98
      i'm looking for a 2014 service manual would like to buy a used one . looked on e-bay they want 5 to 600 for them when i can buy new for 350 , just thought i would look around before i bought a new one
    • By zavdibeg
      Hello everyone!

I recently purchased my first GMC sierra, 4.3l work truck to haul some kayaks and get me through the winter.

while driving it home i tested the 4x4 and it all worked, the 4lo was a little clunky to get into but i had no problem engaging it.

after a few miles i started hearing a clacking sound, it sounded a lot like a U-joint so i investigated when i got home and found it to be coming from the transfer case. there was a leak at the rear output shaft seal, so i replaced that and went to drain and put fresh fluid in, but to my horror there was almost nothing in there, and what came out was a black thick sludge, so i put fresh fluid in and drained it again. again what came out was better looking than before but still clearly dirty. so i finally put in another 2 quarts of dex IV that the dealer said i should be using, and have been driving it for a day or two less than 50 miles. when today noticed that the shift lever is stuck and i cant move to any of the 4x4 gears. the linkage is free i played with it and it moves around. the things that has me perplexed is that the 4x4 worked after the fluid change.

i don't know much about transfer cases, and am hoping someone with more knowledge could point me in the right direction on what my issue could be.

sorry for the rambling i was trying to get as much information in as possible that i thought could be helpful.

• By Benfromsac
      I've just recently purchased a 1989 GMC Sierra K2500 LB to replace my 1988 K1500 SB that started losing gears one by one. 2 months later, the tranny in the newer truck lost reverse. I can't afford to buy a 3rd truck so I have to repair it myself. Well, like most guys with these transmissions, I went thru hell trying to identify exactly which tranny I have. I'm 99% sure I have the 5LM60. My problem is that I've got the tranny almost fully taken apart, but I can't seem to remove the gear clusters out of the case and I can't find any info on it online to help me disassemble it. The diagrams for "Getrag 290" or "HM290" show slightly different internals so I'm stuck. Can someone please help me figure out how to pull the main shaft from the rear half of the case so i can replace the shattered syncro on the 5th gear/reverse rail? If someone could post photos of a few pages from a factory manual or similar, that would be awesome! Let me know if you need more info from me. Thank you in advance.