HID Headlight Bulbs / HID Projector Retrofit

I just have to figure out a way to justify a $100 a cap which I think is outrageous.

I saw those. $100 each is a little on the ridiculous side. And to not beat a dead horse too much. With stock projectors there is no fitment issue. It's just when swapping for the FXR and the d2s bulb that there issues correct? The newer d2h bulb is supposed to alleviate that issue though correct?

It's supposed to correct that issue but I'm still having issues if that makes sense.

It does. Fast headlights posted something about them changing from the d2s bulb to the d2h bulb for us Chevy guys.

post-162255-147338541223_thumb.jpg

Edited by j3st3r

It does. Fast headlights posted something about them changing from the d2s bulb to the d2h bulb for us Chevy guys.

IMG_0741.JPG

Yes that is what they posted and I'm still in contact with them because it still has fitament issues.

Another question, when I order I do need to order the H11b correct since I have the factory projectors?

If your going to go with DDM tuning like I did don't order them online call them and explane what you have and they will get you the right kit that's what I did to make sure it was right it's just me I like to talk to someone from the company before I order to make sure it's right also I got your message just haven't had time to take new pics to send you I deleted the ones on my phone by accident I'll send them to you tomorrow

Yes that is what they posted and I'm still in contact with them because it still has fitament issues.

Well crap. Not what I wanted to hear. Hopefully they will get it squared away.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If your going to go with DDM tuning like I did don't order them online call them and explane what you have and they will get you the right kit that's what I did to make sure it was right it's just me I like to talk to someone from the company before I order to make sure it's right also I got your message just haven't had time to take new pics to send you I deleted the ones on my phone by accident I'll send them to you tomorrow

Take your time.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does anyone know of any companies that makes an adapter plate for the FX-R Sierra retro? I found that FastHeadlights has one, but I can't get checkout to work on their site and so far no one has responded to email.

Has anyone used that adapter, or do you just fab your own?

Does anyone know of any companies that makes an adapter plate for the FX-R Sierra retro? I found that FastHeadlights has one, but I can't get checkout to work on their site and so far no one has responded to email.

Has anyone used that adapter, or do you just fab your own?

Go on facebook and search " headlight junkies". Those guys know EVERYTHING on projectors, lights, ect. I saw someone had posted about that and someone has brackets for around 50 bucks

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Go on facebook and search " headlight junkies". Those guys know EVERYTHING on projectors, lights, ect. I saw someone had posted about that and someone has brackets for around 50 bucks

I'll have to see if I can find something on them in search engines. I have never been a facebook user.

I'd try to email Phil again. HJ on Facebook is just full of halos and demon eyes.

I sent another email to [email protected] yesterday morning, so we'll see. Couldn't find a phone number on their site. Their adapters and watching an install seems like they have a good product, just want to make sure everything is right on the checkout screen (won't let me select any shipping method other than none) before I order.

I'd try to email Phil again. HJ on Facebook is just full of halos and demon eyes.

Yes there are all those bit a lot of ppl with experience on retro fits, projectors and such. I assure you if you post a question in no time a bunch of ppl will reply back

Just had my Sierra retrofitted with FXRS and morimoto 5500k D2S system. Also had the XB LED fogs put in. All I can say is wow what an upgrade.

I will try to post pics later tonight. Just crisp and sharp. You could use fogs with low beams and still navigate the dark safely on the highway. What's amazing about the fxrs is even with my 30" light bar in the grille you can still see the high beams project over the flood light of the bar down road.

• Like 2

I've found that golden white is better than pure white for someone like myself driving on ice and snow.

1) has anyone out there gone with the Morimito Elite 35w or the Enlighten kit 35w and wished they had gone with the 50w? Or is 35w plenty of light (anything better than these trash stock lights I have).

2) Enlighten lists the 5500k as golden white while TRS image of 5500k says pure white, and that 4500k is actually a warm white. Which is more accurate.

Here is my goal: I need awesome nighttime wet road vision, with preferably a warm white color to help contrast snow/iced conditions. Any clarification or advise is greatly appreciated!

http://www.xenonhids.com/9012-single-beam-full-xenon-hid-conversion-kit.html?gclid=CKPGr8i5t84CFQesaQodwlELTg

These are what I was thinking of getting come with power harness and plug and play flicker caps

Looks like a great kit for Sierra. Starts at $77, not bad. Anyone have this?

Sent from my iPhone

I've found that golden white is better than pure white for someone like myself driving on ice and snow.

1) has anyone out there gone with the Morimito Elite 35w or the Enlighten kit 35w and wished they had gone with the 50w? Or is 35w plenty of light (anything better than these trash stock lights I have).

2) Enlighten lists the 5500k as golden white while TRS image of 5500k says pure white, and that 4500k is actually a warm white. Which is more accurate.

Here is my goal: I need awesome nighttime wet road vision, with preferably a warm white color to help contrast snow/iced conditions. Any clarification or advise is greatly appreciated!

I've done a good bit of research and checking of products getting ready for my own retro, and everything I've come across states that 5000K+ is pure white (venturing into blues in the 6000K+ range). I work in highway/roadway construction, specifically lighting and traffic signals, and I know when it comes to roadway lighting fixtures 5500K is a "cool white". Granted that is with LEDs.

Can't comment on the 35w vs. 50w as I'm waiting on one more part before tackling my project. I went with the Morimoto Elite 35w, had some concerns over the heat of a 50w. And as you stated, anything would be an improvement over what they came with.

• Like 1