LED 921 Reverse & Cargo Bulbs

U ordered them earlier this week and already recieved them? Where did you get them from if you don't mind me askin. This guy is saying I won't see them until April. Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I ordered them Saturday and got them in wednesday. he was a very fast shipper, I'm at work right now and don't want to log in my ebay account to check on the seller because of secruity reason but he jacked all his prices up so high it's crazy. He told me it will be a while till he will have some in and I think that was the reason but still that isn't fair. Good thing I got them for around 30 a set..he selling the same set now for $130!!!

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Damn. Yea I've noticed everyone on eBay that can have them at my front door within the week (basically every seller that is located in the US) has them for $130. Oh well. Looks like Imma be waiting! Found another seller that is claiming the bulbs to be brighter than the original ones I posted. Bulbs look the same tho so I'm not sure what the difference is. Also uses the same LED. $5 cheaper and will arrive between March 18 and March 24. Much better than the original April 11- April 29

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

it all matters on the output voltage for the brightness

Yea. I looked at all the specs listed for both. Everything I saw was the same other than the lumen output. Weird. Oh well, I have both on order. I'll see in a few weeks how they compare to one another

• 2 weeks later...

Ie9uza9e7.jpgzuta5uva.jpgubyquja4.jpg

Lights came in today. (Still got bother set that is supposed to come in about a week or 2). Of all the items I have ordered from eBay / China, these by far seems to be the best quality product I've received! Seems to be extremely sturdy. Waiting for it to get dark. Will post pics later. I'll try my best to find a nice surface to use to show brightness. Don't really have a white wall to use. I'll try to drape a sheet over a fence or other item.

I did a 886 reverse light swap on my old Tacoma that were super bright. I can't see why it wouldn't work here.

here's how

http://www.tacomaworld.com/forum/2nd-gen-tacomas/209578-886-backup-light-mod.html#post4728720

Nice results! Only thing is, i know a few people, such as myself, want to step away from the yellow lights though. I know I personally would like to see the GM decision maker for the lighting department. White LED strips up front, white LED interior, and white LED bed lights. All topped off with yellow reverse, headlights, and cargo lamps. I wanted all mine to match with the best performance possible. These lights I just put in, definitly did the trick. Matched the interiors and LED strips and are extremely bright.

Also a review on the lights: The zebra effect is still noticeable, as noticeable as stock, HOWEVER, are much brighter. I changed them out tonight, but didn't have enough time to take pics and all that. Will take one back out and put stock back in and take pics to show difference. Id definitly recommend these to anyone who is looking for some replacements.

Mike & 2014black - any pics of stock vs LED bulbs light output/pattern against a wall yet??

Have been meaning to. Just had a lot going on at night when the pics can be taken. I can say I had them on the other night in the driveway along with the cargos and I had very strong and easily useable light up to 40 ft away. After that there was still useable light but not as strong. Effects of the lights could be noticed up to about 80 - 90 ft. But at that point you had to be that far from the truck. Wouldn't notice it if you were standing at the light source

Will I need resistors if I replace my turn signal bulbs? I don't want them blinking like crazy.

If switched for LEDs then yes. But make sure that the bulb uses LEDs all around so that it will light the housing properly. If you get a bulb with lights on say only the top of the bulbs then it will make a shape with the lights that are brighter than the rest of the housing

Have been meaning to. Just had a lot going on at night when the pics can be taken. I can say I had them on the other night in the driveway along with the cargos and I had very strong and easily useable light up to 40 ft away. After that there was still useable light but not as strong. Effects of the lights could be noticed up to about 80 - 90 ft. But at that point you had to be that far from the truck. Wouldn't notice it if you were standing at the light source

Where did you order your 921 cargo lights again? Wouldn't mind doing this upgrade.

Total 4 for cargo light and reverse lights correct?

Thanks!

Where did you order your 921 cargo lights again? Wouldn't mind doing this upgrade.

Total 4 for cargo light and reverse lights correct?

Thanks!

I got mine from VLEDs they are great.

Archived