2014+ Leveling Kits

Anyone running the rough country 2.5" level with stamped steel arms? I am wondering how much the preload spacer affects the ride

I am, and yes it will ride rougher. It still rides good by my standards for a truck. Steel/Aluminum, doesn't matter, a leveling kit is going to affect your ride.

I can't decide between 2.25" or 2.5"

The angle will not change enough to make the 2.25 ride much if any better than the 2.5. the 2.5 will look better, so go with the 2.5 if you are unsure. you will wish you had...

I am, and yes it will ride rougher. It still rides good by my standards for a truck. Steel/Aluminum, doesn't matter, a leveling kit is going to affect your ride.

The angle will not change enough to make the 2.25 ride much if any better than the 2.5. the 2.5 will look better, so go with the 2.5 if you are unsure. you will wish you had...

I suppose if need be I can always add a 2"block to replace the rear

Then begs the question.....What kit. I was thinking either ready lift, or rough country

I suppose if need be I can always add a 2"block to replace the rear

Then begs the question.....What kit. I was thinking either ready lift, or rough country

I was talking about your CV angles. Angle of the actual truck has nothing to do with ride. I used the RC 2.5" with the rear block and really like it.

I was talking about your CV angles. Angle of the actual truck has nothing to do with ride. I used the RC 2.5" with the rear block and really like it.

I was just going to ask you that....

Angels and everything ok with the 2.5 kit?? As in they dont look out of place too bad?

Mine has the steel arms.

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

I went ahead and just ordered the 2" level and will get a 1/2" spacer for the top. Gonna throw some Cognito upper control arms as well.

Hey guys, I'm new around here. Been reading up on the leveling kits for a couple weeks now through the search feature. I may be wrong, but my interpretation of the under-strut leveling pieces don't provide the amount of lift as advertised. For instance, I seem to see that people purchasing the 2" are ending up with a "real" 1.50-1.75 of front lift.

I am torn between if I should do the 2" or 2.5" under-strut from moto fab for getting the closest to an exact level on a 2014 Double Cab 2WD Silverado. I know a lot of people express that I should lower the back to match the front as opposed to lifting the front being it is a 2wd, but installing the front understrut spacer seems more straight-forward in regards to achieving the level look that I am looking for.

With many users using the 2" on 4wd vehicles, and with the fact that most 4wd's tend to naturally sit slightly more level than 2wd trucks, or at least they used to, it's got me leaning toward the 2.5 a little bit more, but I don't want the result to be a nose-up 2wd haha.

Any outside thoughts/suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Edited by JoJoSilverado

e84e399b924e0a7877fc465f6a13ab08.jpga22d7ca45f08d3009fe5167c8bd047c5.jpgadca9307feaaa0ba16956b371f35b59d.jpgcb342b515545391aff93a6861c6cacac.jpg

2014 GMC 1500 SLT 2wd

2.5in RC level (front only)

305/55/20 Mastercraft Courser MXT

ZERO clearance issues, no zip-ties either

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Looks very nice! How's the noise with those tires. I've had my eye on them, as they seem to be some of the lighter weight mud tires available.

Looks very nice! How's the noise with those tires. I've had my eye on them, as they seem to be some of the lighter weight mud tires available.

Very subjective topic and you will get 1000 different answers, but not bad at all IMO. Around town driving it's barely noticeable, hwy speeds at 70-75, slight hum but still not bad. Granted I do have a mild aftermarket exhaust too, so that helps drown out some of the hum as well. The tire hum is about the same noise level as the exhaust. Also, who rides in their truck by themselves with complete silence? The slightest bit of radio noise and you cant tell its there.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Running an 18x9 and a 0 offset. 33x12.50 Toyo Open Country RT. No rubbing. This is with a Rough Country 2" level.

3104fb84c028fdc9a166a1c5d834b70e.jpg5fe301c777a3ddcd4e3445fa19ab320c.jpg

I have the same exact wheels I'm about to install on mine. I have a 3.5" rc kit as well on now. I know the rts measure 32.8 x12.5. Do you think I could run nitto terra grapplers at 305/65 which is 33.58 x 12.24 and be safe? Also may be adding 1.5" bl

• Like 1