2014+ Leveling Kits

16 hours ago, David solar said:

Hey guys first time posting on this thread but I got a 3 inch Motofab lift in the front and I got 3 inch blocks in the rear well I don’t like rake that I have and I want it to be perfectly level now and I took measurents with my gas tank empty and full and there’s a quarter inch difference I will include a pic of the measurements but I cant decide if I should go with 1.50 rear blocks or 1.75 and tapered or not tapered 79F4B0FD-3C91-45E0-94EA-DE2BF23AE74F.thumb.png.f16f3f187cde66ffb9bcb9cc53d4f75f.pngFC9E31F1-859F-4275-9B96-7E1887287204.thumb.jpeg.3e47c4e9532c1b2ad1ef780493e91bb9.jpeg

1.75...if not, you will be blinding people half the time...a slight rake is better than a slight endo...

On 7/20/2018 at 12:46 AM, CH15GMC said:

I've read this whole post and went back a few time but still have a few questions. 

I'm going to be putting on some Bilstein 6112 shocks on the top level with a .5" upper spacer for about 2.25" lift. I really want to go with 275/65R20 BFG KO2's. I'm also looking at some Fuel Maverick 20x9 wheels and not sure if I can get away with the +1 offset or if I should go with +20. I want the wheels/tires to stick out just a little past the fender but also don't want any rubbing. 

With that all said, do you think can I do the +1 with the 275/65's? Or should I go with the +20 offset with 275/65's? Or are the 275/65 to much and I should go with 275/60's? 

Appreciate your input...just want to do this once! Truck info in signature. 

I'm curious to if you would have any issues with your UCA's with the additional spacer with 6112s

10 hours ago, spenpet said:

1.75...if not, you will be blinding people half the time...a slight rake is better than a slight endo...

To @spenpet's point, no matter what way you go, adjust your headlights after simply to make sure your light is going where it needs to be, and you're not blinding oncoming drivers

• Like 1

15’ denali w/ magnaride - added an RC 2” level up front. Rear is 1” taller than front, which is perfect for me. Rides smooth, no issues. Here’s a before and after.

7c539095d501a8111d52cb9c6547f0b2.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cross posting this from the lowering pinned thread if anyone is interested:

I got the Belltech 2" lowering shackles put on. Personally, I left the 1.25" blocks on the axle to keep a short rake just in case I choose to get another boat again or something of the like. 

Installation was pretty straight forward. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with a two post lift. We removed the OEM hitch and then began breaking down the rear shackles. Being it was on a lift with only one large floor jack, we choose to gain clearance over the frame rails by disconnecting the bottom shackle bolt and lowering the truck onto the floor to lift the top shackle bolt above the frame. Right away we ran into a problem in that the bed seam was contacting the shackle. Back up in the air and some taps with a ball peen hammer, the bed seam was folded over and it was smooth sailing from there. Final measurements came down to 1.25" higher in the rear which I was okay with as aforementioned. Total install time with a two post lift from hitch removal to hitch installation was 2hrs 15 min with two people and mostly hand tools. Will post pics tomorrow. 

*EDIT*

Also, I used to have this obnoxious ever so slight shake in the seats at highway speeds. Wasn't the typical GM shake that has been documented but something that bugged the hell out of me. That shake has also been resolved and the butttest attributes that to the lowering the truck a touch. Additionally, the ATROCIOUS leaf spring creek is gone as well. That could from getting some weight off the springs with the truck in the air but I doubt it (never noticed it resolving after an oil change). Time will tell. 

• Like 1

On 8/6/2018 at 9:50 PM, Cf1k1 said:

Cross posting this from the lowering pinned thread if anyone is interested:

I got the Belltech 2" lowering shackles put on. Personally, I left the 1.25" blocks on the axle to keep a short rake just in case I choose to get another boat again or something of the like. 

Installation was pretty straight forward. I'm fortunate enough to have a friend with a two post lift. We removed the OEM hitch and then began breaking down the rear shackles. Being it was on a lift with only one large floor jack, we choose to gain clearance over the frame rails by disconnecting the bottom shackle bolt and lowering the truck onto the floor to lift the top shackle bolt above the frame. Right away we ran into a problem in that the bed seam was contacting the shackle. Back up in the air and some taps with a ball peen hammer, the bed seam was folded over and it was smooth sailing from there. Final measurements came down to 1.25" higher in the rear which I was okay with as aforementioned. Total install time with a two post lift from hitch removal to hitch installation was 2hrs 15 min with two people and mostly hand tools. Will post pics tomorrow. 

*EDIT*

Also, I used to have this obnoxious ever so slight shake in the seats at highway speeds. Wasn't the typical GM shake that has been documented but something that bugged the hell out of me. That shake has also been resolved and the butttest attributes that to the lowering the truck a touch. Additionally, the ATROCIOUS leaf spring creek is gone as well. That could from getting some weight off the springs with the truck in the air but I doubt it (never noticed it resolving after an oil change). Time will tell. 

Stock front end?  Were you leveled in the front before deciding to go 2" drop in the rear?  Didn't know if you had experience with the ride of both, and which is better.

I have a 2017 silverado 1500 LT Z71, I Want to get a level kit i have been looking around and i like the motofab and the rough county kits. Inexpensive and seems to be easy enough to install. My question is do i have to have certain UCA? what kind of issues would i run into with a 2" inch level kit? I dont want to cause ride issues or make anything wear out faster i just want the aesthetics of having the front end up alittle bit higher to clear for a 33" inch tire and an 18 wheel.

Whats the better of the Two Motofab? They are about the same in price i just want to lift the front without my warranty being removed and dont want parts to wear out faster.

20180526_205149.jpg

I have a 2017 silverado 1500 LT Z71, I Want to get a level kit i have been looking around and i like the motofab and the rough county kits. Inexpensive and seems to be easy enough to install. My question is do i have to have certain UCA? what kind of issues would i run into with a 2" inch level kit? I dont want to cause ride issues or make anything wear out faster i just want the aesthetics of having the front end up alittle bit higher to clear for a 33" inch tire and an 18 wheel.

Whats the better of the Two Motofab? They are about the same in price i just want to lift the front without my warranty being removed and dont want parts to wear out faster.

20180526_205149.thumb.jpg.6b1a7117556985e5d398e87990628ba1.jpg

Any modification with bigger tires could void your warranty for any suspension/steering related parts, just depends on the dealer and how they deal with GM. If you do it, you're taking that risk.

That being said, I have the RC 2" level with 295/70/17 (33.2" or something) and it's great. It was like $140 installed and didn't change the ride too much. Between RC and motofab, just pick the cheapest one, they're both fine

10 hours ago, jegreenwood14 said:

Stock front end?  Were you leveled in the front before deciding to go 2" drop in the rear?  Didn't know if you had experience with the ride of both, and which is better.

Yes. Stock front end. In the Leveling Kit thread and amongst other forums, I kept seeing pictures of broken balljoints so it worried me doing the leveling kit. I also have the GM 22" rims so I think stuffing the rear tire that whole 2" cleaned up the rear end a lot.

12 hours ago, Cf1k1 said:

Yes. Stock front end. In the Leveling Kit thread and amongst other forums, I kept seeing pictures of broken balljoints so it worried me doing the leveling kit. I also have the GM 22" rims so I think stuffing the rear tire that whole 2" cleaned up the rear end a lot.

Could you tell a difference in the rear ride after dropping it?  Like did it make it rougher or?

On 8/10/2018 at 2:07 PM, jegreenwood14 said:

Could you tell a difference in the rear ride after dropping it?  Like did it make it rougher or?

I surely did. I had an annoying shimmy in the seats at highway speeds... not as bed as the typical GM shake some trucks have, but I noticed it. With lowering the rear end, the truck now rides smooth as glass.

King coilover replacements with deaver rear mini pack and removal of the 1” block running 285/70/17 Falkens

Second picture is with 315/70/17 BFG’s same lift, with trimming. It rubs, but I have a Baja kits upper and lower kit coming next week to solve that problem.
39bbd4440f45c3ac2e3a5b448a71cfe6.jpgfa3efac63277d605c3bfde9d2fb18e19.jpg

• Like 2