2014+ Leveling Kits

Bilstein leveling shocks up front for more budget oriented or my preferred billet aluminum front 2.25” top and lower strut mounts plus a 1” in rear. I prefer the aluminum billet spacers from 4wheelparts and then later buy Bilstein front and rear 5100’s. Reason I don’t like the leveling shock is cause you’re screwed if it goes out on you with larger tires but you’d be fine if the shock went out on you with installed billet aluminum spacers, just get new shocks. You’ve got the 14 model which doesn’t have the cursed new stamped steel UCA’s (upper control arms) that cause your tires to rub them.  

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Question on the bilsteins, I just ordered a front set last night to level my 14 gmc. Would you happen to know exactly how much "lift" I will get off of those alone? Will just the struts be enough or should I get a set of spacers and even out the lift by setting the struts on the middle height with the added spacers?

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Question on the bilsteins, I just ordered a front set last night to level my 14 gmc. Would you happen to know exactly how much "lift" I will get off of those alone? Will just the struts be enough or should I get a set of spacers and even out the lift by setting the struts on the middle height with the added spacers?

It’s one or the other, never both. Max setting I believe is 2” - 2.25”. Just remember that mid 2015-2018 GM switched to stamp steel UCA’s which will definitely cause tire rubbing if you go to 33” tires. Leveling these year trucks with bigger tires requires new offset wheels too. Bora makes the best spacers but being your truck is new your warranty will be affected by spacers as soon as the dealer spots them. Funny thing is I heard you can go 33” without level and not rub. I’d recommend leaving it alone with just level and go from there, save up and get some nice +1 or 0 offset wheel and tire package.

It’s one or the other, never both. Max setting I believe is 2” - 2.25”. Just remember that mid 2015-2018 GM switched to stamp steel UCA’s which will definitely cause tire rubbing if you go to 33” tires. Leveling these year trucks with bigger tires requires new offset wheels too. Bora makes the best spacers but being your truck is new your warranty will be affected by spacers as soon as the dealer spots them. Funny thing is I heard you can go 33” without level and not rub. I’d recommend leaving it alone with just level and go from there, save up and get some nice +1 or 0 offset wheel and tire package.

Never both, what's the reasoning? In theory wouldn't the 5100s be basically the same as as your standard strut just with the ability to adjust the height? I'm unexperienced when it comes to suspension systems. Tire size isn't really my main concern, I just like and prefer the true level look. I have run spacers on a previous truck and the ride quality went to hell after. My truck sits like a 2wd and rides like a boat with the ranchos. I've heard alot of good about the bilsteins planting the truck to the ground and helping with body roll in corners. My 14 has the cast ucas but I'm planning on switching out for the cognito ucas here soon. I would just like to get my level situation figured out first. c00d58d6b42c4429c90cbd33dca0ba51.jpg

You can use the 5100s with a leveling kit, as long as the two don't exceed 2.5". Anything over that is too much angle for the suspension and CV shafts. Max lift from the 5100s is 1.85", according to bilstein. I ran 5100s set at the highest with a 1/4" home made space and it was fine. Gave me about 2 3/8" lift. 

• Like 1

17 hours ago, SNAFU88 said:

It does BUT the top of the hood line is higher than the top of the bed line and it creates the illusion that the truck is nose high.  Especially when the truck is on even a very slight incline.   

to each their own.  I was just stating facts.

• Like 1

You can use the 5100s with a leveling kit, as long as the two don't exceed 2.5". Anything over that is too much angle for the suspension and CV shafts. Max lift from the 5100s is 1.85", according to bilstein. I ran 5100s set at the highest with a 1/4" home made space and it was fine. Gave me about 2 3/8" lift. 

As far as to much angle, what is the difference in buying the diff drop kit and new ucas if I wanted to raise over the 2.5" mark. Isn't that basically all the comes with a legit lift kit? (The smaller ones that is) The diff drop kit is 30 bucks from American trucks.
And my question about the spacer with the bilsteins, if the shocks wasn't set on the max lift wouldn't it ride a little better than being maxd out?

Never both, what's the reasoning? In theory wouldn't the 5100s be basically the same as as your standard strut just with the ability to adjust the height? I'm unexperienced when it comes to suspension systems. Tire size isn't really my main concern, I just like and prefer the true level look. I have run spacers on a previous truck and the ride quality went to hell after. My truck sits like a 2wd and rides like a boat with the ranchos. I've heard alot of good about the bilsteins planting the truck to the ground and helping with body roll in corners. My 14 has the cast ucas but I'm planning on switching out for the cognito ucas here soon. I would just like to get my level situation figured out first. c00d58d6b42c4429c90cbd33dca0ba51.jpg

No worries, never do both, it’s one or the other and you should not go past 2.5” height, if you do you’ll put an enormous amount of stress on your UCA’s do to the angle and destroy your front suspension. Call the experts at 4wheelparts and ask them for a professional answer, if you want to get higher do a lift kit which is designed to lift without creating chaos on your suspension and comes with a differential drop kit too.

• Like 1

Anyone using the BDS leveling kit?  On their website they claim the it doesn't effect the suspension angles negatively. Is this true?

It must come with UCA’s and hopefully a diff drop if it’s over 2.5”-3”+

1 hour ago, Clays_blue2014 said:

Anyone using the BDS leveling kit?  On their website they claim the it doesn't effect the suspension angles negatively. Is this true?

I had the 2" BDS leveling kit on my old 2015 lease with a Zone body lift.  I never experienced any issues with the kit although I only put 30k miles on it.  When I turned it in, there were no issues either with the dealer nor GM.

• Thanks 1

Post pictures of your existing level. You can't stack levels. Odds are, with that much rake, you've got extra height in the rear as well. 

Options would be replace tall block with stock block in the rear, or replace the whole thing with a real lift. 

Edited by MBSierra17