Bluetooth audio issues with Chevy MyLink? Quick straw poll

I took it to the dealership and talked to a manager who said he would call there tech support. The manager just left me a voice mail and said he talked to an "engineer" and said that the engineer told him that for "best audio quality" use the aux jack because the usb cable is not the best for quality. That doesn't really explain why bluetooth doesn't work properly since it is wireless and there is no cable attached to it. Personally I think that is a load of crap since these files are being transmitted digitally and not through an audio cable. I feel like they are telling people this because they know most of the general public will accept this answer and only a few will know because they have some sort of background in technology. The manager also said that there would be a bulletin for a software update which is like a recall but with less importance since it is not life or death. What bothers me is that they are saying for better sound quality use the aux jack. I am not looking for better sound quality. I am looking for full sound of both channels. The way it works now it doesn't even play in mono. Mono takes both left and right channel mixes them in one (mono) and plays it through all the speakers.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry for the rant again. Just annoyed

I took it to the dealership and talked to a manager who said he would call there tech support. The manager just left me a voice mail and said he talked to an "engineer" and said that the engineer told him that for "best audio quality" use the aux jack because the usb cable is not the best for quality. That doesn't really explain why bluetooth doesn't work properly since it is wireless and there is no cable attached to it. Personally I think that is a load of crap since these files are being transmitted digitally and not through an audio cable. I feel like they are telling people this because they know most of the general public will accept this answer and only a few will know because they have some sort of background in technology. The manager also said that there would be a bulletin for a software update which is like a recall but with less importance since it is not life or death. What bothers me is that they are saying for better sound quality use the aux jack. I am not looking for better sound quality. I am looking for full sound of both channels. The way it works now it doesn't even play in mono. Mono takes both left and right channel mixes them in one (mono) and plays it through all the speakers.

Ok, I'm done. Sorry for the rant again. Just annoyed

This isn't acceptable at all. I have a 2014 Silverado and a Galaxy S4. Mine has worked (audio wise) perfectly since day one. While I did have an issue with the bluetooth phone capabilities this was rectified with a software update that the MyLink support department was able to fix. I would suggest bypassing the dealership and contact the MyLink support who will conference you in with the dealership (of your choice) to get the issue rectified. If there is any files needed they will forward them to them as well. YMMV.

This isn't acceptable at all. I have a 2014 Silverado and a Galaxy S4. Mine has worked (audio wise) perfectly since day one. While I did have an issue with the bluetooth phone capabilities this was rectified with a software update that the MyLink support department was able to fix. I would suggest bypassing the dealership and contact the MyLink support who will conference you in with the dealership (of your choice) to get the issue rectified. If there is any files needed they will forward them to them as well. YMMV.

do you happen to have the phone number to the MyLink tech support?

• 4 years later...
On 6/19/2014 at 3:44 AM, moranda said:

So I have a 2014 Sierra with mylink. I have a Samsung galaxy S4 bluetoothed to it, an Ipod classic hooked up usb, I have used an SD card, and i have bluetoothed a friends Iphone 5 or 5s cant remember exactly. All of these media devices will play left channel only out of all the speakers in the truck. The aux jack, cd player, and radio plays music just fine in stereo like it should. This drives me absolutely crazy because i know what the song is suppose to sound like but whole instruments will be left out sometimes. I dont know if there is a fix for this yet or if gm even really knows about it. Anyways this more of rant than helpful/useful information. If anyone finds out what is wrong with it please let me know and if i figure it out i will be sure to pass it along.

I know this is an old post, but just wanted to thank you for posting this!

I installed a new amp/stereo in my truck and was playing some tracks through my USB/Bluetooth IPhone 6 and noticed that I was missing some key parts of my music! I was playing a Dave Matthews Band track (Stay, wasting time) and it sounded like the Sax/Horns were a mile away, I couldn't even hear them. I know for a fact, as a Dave Matthews fan that these instruments play on the right-side of the stage, so it would make sense that in only playing the left channel through all speakers, I'd be missing it. I tried on other devices and would find the sax/trumpet very prominent, while it was LOST on my newly upgraded stereo. I was pretty frustrated. The sound is 1000x better using a CD. I have yet to try an AUX cable. That's my next step. 

I tried calling the MyLink support line, but they said they were purely educational and couldn't do anything for me. I will call my dealership and ask them, but don't anticipate them knowing what I'm talking about... So I will simply see if I can obtain a firmware update for MyLink.