Bluetooth audio issues with Chevy MyLink? Quick straw poll

• 5 months later...

I have Razor Max HD and does not work. Was told that if it phone was not on the list it wouldn't work. The Droid phones listed have been dead and buried for years. Was told that cheaper to get a new phone than getting new truck. Kind of a smart assed answer.

I have a Moto Droid (latest updates) and having some intermittent issues with the bluetooth. First, I only use my bluetooth for phone... no media, no pandora, etc.

My issue is - the phone and truck always link up as normal when I start up. However, sometimes the phone won't ring through the truck speakers... only the phone. When this happens no voice , etc comes through the truck speakers.

I can restart the truck and it will work. I'm pretty sure the problem is the truck

any ideas?

I have Droid Razor Max and have the issue. During a call the radio comes on and the person I was talking to can't hear me I have to grab the phone and change to handset to save the call. I checked the phone and the Bluetooth setting reads No Vehicle. So the truck drops the Bluetooth hook up but not the call. That's the problem of having engineers figure that part out not the IT guys.

Just looked at list for Bluetooth and Apple is well supported. Droid/Verizon and Samsung/ATT are not supported at all. The phones they have list are no longer available and the technology is no longer good. I guess change to I Phone and support Apple. Maybe they have something worked out on the side.

I'm using an iPhone 5s with IOS 7.06. My silverado is running software 23427521. My Bluetooth Audio streaming is working perfectly.

Sent from my iPhone 5s using Tapatalk

The bluetooth connection was ok in my truck, but it eats up the phone battery. Plus it is difficult to sort through songs.

SO.....

Instead of using a smartphone I suggest;

Put your music on a SD card or flash drive, you can manage your tunes better from the dash. It doesn't eat up the smart phone battery and you do not have to worry about the connection.

Edited by HDNitehawk

I have a galaxy note 3 rooted custom roms. No issues here, I don't have the touch screen stereo if that make s a difference. My Pandora works great on all speakers via the media button. When I go to the Pandora app on the stereo it still works perfect. And I'm also running a hacked Pandora app.

My Nexus 7 2nd Gen with a custom rom works perfect via bluetooth.

Conclusion is not os related if it doesn't work.

Wicked Galaxy Note 3

Edited by NitroDatsik

iOS 7.0.6 on a 5 and 5S...no problems so far. I do have to tether to shuffle play songs though. Not sure of the MyLink version.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

i too have a galaxy note 2. when connect via bluetooth or cord, does your music show songs, artist, etc? I have to choose the song on the phone in order for it to play through the head unit. the display does show that song info, but i want to be able to choose songs etc through the whell controls. any advice?

• 3 weeks later...

I just found a problem, well more of a annoyance today. I was having an issue with playing media from my phone (droid mini). Everything seemed like it was working ok after i remote started the truck. The phone showed it was connected, the display on the phone and the center stack was showing the song was playing but nothing was coming through the speakers. (Phone calls are the same way too.). So I shut the truck off and started it by the key then everything was working normal as it should.

So on my phone at least, I can't remote start the truck then just hop in and have my media play without restarting the truck with the key. Really annoying.

Anyone else have this issue?

Edited by Full Lock

• 3 weeks later...

Hi! I'm new to this forum and am also a new owner of a 2014 Silverado with a non Bose mylink...

I haven't been exactly bowled over with the sound quality of my music files thru mylink. I happened to be playing some Beatles mp3s (320kbps files) and noticed that even though the sound comes out of both sides, one channel is missing. I'm getting rhythm track and vocals. But no leads or solos. It does this whether I play the mp3 file thru a hard drive via USB, an iPod classic 160gb via USB, or nexus 5 smartphone via Bluetooth. But if I connect my iPod classic thru the 1/8" aux jack, THE SOUND QUALITY IS PERFECT. both channels play properly and the fidelity is orders of magnitude better than thru USB/Bluetooth...

so, I am positive that this problem does not lie within the speakers or amplifier of the sound system. Could it be a software issue?

I called up a friend who has the exact same setup as mine (minus the nav) and he noticed his had been doing the same with some of his mp3 files, especially noticeable with the Beatles... Then after reading this thread, I see that others are also having the same issue, so mine isn't just an isolated case.

I know some others chimed in here saying their files were playing properly. But you really ought to play an mp3 file that employs drastic stereo panning like most Beatles tracks do. If you can play any Beatles track off of let's say "Beatles For Sale" and you get leads/solos coming thru at the proper volume level and it is connected via usb or Bluetooth, then we can know whether or not everyone has this problem or not.

We are paying an ungodly amount for these mylinks to have audio quality issues like this. And no, playing everything thru the aux jack is not an acceptable solution to this problem!

So, it sounds like Apple works great. Any android owners out there with a 2014 they can test?

Galaxy S4 4.2.2 user here with a 2014 Silverado. All bluetooth functions work flawless. Only complaint is that it works too well. It picks up all the phone notification sounds and routes those through the speakers as well.

My original phone was a HTC One X with Android 4.1 on it and unfortunately the Pandora app would not work but the bluetooth media would work fine.

I got a new Google Nexus 5 with Android 4.3 on it and now the Pandora application works as well as the bluetooth media. The one problem I have using the Pandora application is that I cannot use the wheel controls to skip songs but instead have to do with the touch screen. Do others have this problem too? I can pause the music using mute button on wheels just fine. If I am on media on DIC I can also change Pandora station but cannot figure out song skipping.

I do like the Pandora application because never have to touch the phone. I hop in the truck and after bluetooth connection is made it just starts playing music. Granted it is not perfect as maybe once a week I have to flip to a different audio source and back before it makes the connection. Sound quality is very good though and way better than XM. I also pay for the premium Pandora service without commercials.

My original phone was a HTC One X with Android 4.1 on it and unfortunately the Pandora app would not work but the bluetooth media would work fine.

I got a new Google Nexus 5 with Android 4.3 on it and now the Pandora application works as well as the bluetooth media. The one problem I have using the Pandora application is that I cannot use the wheel controls to skip songs but instead have to do with the touch screen. Do others have this problem too? I can pause the music using mute button on wheels just fine. If I am on media on DIC I can also change Pandora station but cannot figure out song skipping.

I do like the Pandora application because never have to touch the phone. I hop in the truck and after bluetooth connection is made it just starts playing music. Granted it is not perfect as maybe once a week I have to flip to a different audio source and back before it makes the connection. Sound quality is very good though and way better than XM. I also pay for the premium Pandora service without commercials.

I've noticed the same issues as well, additionally I hear a small pop or hesitation whenever I use volume and next track buttons while streaming or using Pandaora. Dealership is checking for software update later this week, who knows?

Edited by krzyd