Power steering malfunction with Remote Start

So now my dealership still has no idea as to the cause of the problem. It no longer seems to be just temperature related. Just seems to be a random kick in the nutz when a guy just wants to go out for a rip.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mine is acting up too. Totally random. I don't think it has anything to do with cold, or remote start.

Start truck, see message, (service power steering), shut off truck, wait 1 min. Start truck again, good to go every time.

I haven't been able to get back to the dealership, I work in camp.

Maybe be able get it in next week.

It's not the end of the world, I know they'll figure it out someday. I can live with it till then. I love this truck otherwise.

• 1 month later...

I haven't had any detectable steering issues with regard to effort, feel, etc... but my power steering has been making a very noticeable buzzing sound at least once a day.

It happens at varied outside temps, anywhere from 85 degrees down to 35

It happens at varied truck operating temps, sometimes just after start up and other times after driving for 45+ mins

It happens with truck running while parked & while low speed driving (might happen at higher speeds but can't hear it)

It lasts anywhere from 5-10 seconds to 10+ minutes (longest I've sat parked trying to listen to it is about 10 mins)

Anyone have similar issues?

If yes, any resolution?

Mine makes a buzzing noise as well and I've heard it now 4 times at least. Any word on yours?

Mine makes a buzzing noise as well and I've heard it now 4 times at least. Any word on yours?

Mine still does make noise periodically... but I just HATE going to the dealer, so I've been playing the wait and see game.

• 5 months later...

Archived