What have you done to your K2 today?

23 hours ago, VanguardK2 said:

I've been looking to see someone on here with the tahoe black chrome insert wheels. Looks fantastic man! Theyd be killer on a black LTZ with the chrome pack too. Much better than the all chrome 20s they come with factory.

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Well here is another one for you then.  This guy was staying in the same condo complex as us back in May.  He was running the OEM 22s with, I think, 35/12.5/22 tires. 

Seeing his truck was what pushed me over the edge to get a set of these.  And I managed to find a new set on Craigslist with new tires for $900.

Tire size is 275/55/20.  And I am currently running them on some cheap ass Ironman Gen 2 tires. 

Side note on the tires.  These Ironmans are actually pretty good for the price.  Tread depth is not the best but for the price they are pretty good.

Red with black 22s.jpg

• Like 1

7 hours ago, mcdavis said:

Are your tires stock size, and your only suspension mod the rear block removal? If so, could you post a straight on side view pic? I'm thinking about taking the block out of my 2016 Sierra. Even though I have 18's, the overall size is basically the same.

I am running 275/55/20 tires.  Which is the stock size for 20s.

The ONLY mod that I have done to my suspension is pulling the rear lift blocks.  

2 Photos attached.  The one with green grass has the lift blocks still in place.  The one with the brown grass the lift blocks have been removed.

You would be surprised how much pulling those blocks will level the truck out.  It is not level but it is a whole lot better than it was.

Truck with lift blocks.jpg

Truck without lift blocks.jpg

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, XtremeSPL said:

2 Photos attached.  The one with green grass has the lift blocks still in place.  The one with the brown grass the lift blocks have been removed.

You would be surprised how much pulling those blocks will level the truck out.  It is not level but it is a whole lot better than it was.

Looks great!

Any driveline vibration, is everything still within factory specs as far as the pinion angles?

10 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Looks great!

Any driveline vibration, is everything still within factory specs as far as the pinion angles?

No vibrations, no noises, just the ass sits a little lower. Been running it like this for about 10k+ miles. 

In fact, the senior service advisor at the local dealer was the one who told me to pull the blocks rather than putting on a set of shackles. 

I ended up re-using the factory U-bolts rather than replacing them with shorter. 

The only issue I ran into was getting the U-bolts tightened back up. If you re-use the factory U-bolts you will need either a super deep socket or a ratcheting box wrench to get the axel reattached. 

3 hours ago, XtremeSPL said:

No vibrations, no noises, just the ass sits a little lower. Been running it like this for about 10k+ miles. 

In fact, the senior service advisor at the local dealer was the one who told me to pull the blocks rather than putting on a set of shackles. 

I ended up re-using the factory U-bolts rather than replacing them with shorter. 

The only issue I ran into was getting the U-bolts tightened back up. If you re-use the factory U-bolts you will need either a super deep socket or a ratcheting box wrench to get the axel reattached. 

Good to know, thanks for the reply and information.

17 hours ago, XtremeSPL said:

Thank you for the pics and the info/answers to Jim's questions. My Sierra is silver, so this is an almost dead match. Looks nice! Just gotta decide if I'm doing it or not now.

Looks like I'll be scheduling some service on mine today.

Got some codes over the weekend for P0700 and P0711.  The transmission temp sensor is causing it.  The temps seem to either read 0° most of the time or if it registers it's only up to about 120°.  What do your trans temp readouts look like in normal driving?  Seems to be that it should be in the high 100's to low 200's as that is the center of the gauge.

Edited by 2016DenaliGuy

I have had the same Lund Genesis Elite tri-fold for about 5 years.  Bought it for my 09 Sierra and then moved it to my 17 Silverado and have had 0 issues with mine; absolutely love it..
It's held up to my highway speed commute and some weekend testing.

Did you use the foam tape that came with it? I didn't bother, because the way it's shaped, I don't see how water would get in. Seems more likely to just run off the sides.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

15 hours ago, HeySkippyDog said:

It's held up to my highway speed commute and some weekend testing.

Did you use the foam tape that came with it? I didn't bother, because the way it's shaped, I don't see how water would get in. Seems more likely to just run off the sides.

Sent from my SM-J810F using Tapatalk

Since I didn’t purchase the model specific to this year model (re-used the one from my 09 Sierra) I did have to add foam tape to the front edge of the cover. Mine had a considerable gap at the front edge of the bed. 

• Like 1

On 1/13/2020 at 9:06 AM, 2016DenaliGuy said:

Looks like I'll be scheduling some service on mine today.

Got some codes over the weekend for P0700 and P0711.  The transmission temp sensor is causing it.  The temps seem to either read 0° most of the time or if it registers it's only up to about 120°.  What do your trans temp readouts look like in normal driving?  Seems to be that it should be in the high 100's to low 200's as that is the center of the gauge.

I saw 136 the other day with temps in the low 30's, and have seen it creep past 180 - 190 in the heat of the summer, probably has gone just past 200.

Do you have a trans temp gauge in the Denali, or do you have to scroll through the DIC like the Silverado's to see the temp?

• Like 2

Received my new bumper from carparts.com today and it appears to be just as nice as OEM for damn near half the price. Time will tell when I get it installed.

Also installed new LED reverse lights. No clue if they’re as bright as they claim yet because it’s still daylight.

Also installed the tempered glass stick on for the infotainment screen that someone shared earlier in this thread. Unfortunately it stuck off center. Haha. The kit comes with two screens though. I’ll have to see if it bothers my OCD or not.

1881ebc2600391bd6437dac965fe3f8f.jpg

c17121245e649d9580e7c5926d854b8e.jpg

• Like 1

1 hour ago, DirtyAndy said:

Received my new bumper from carparts.com today and it appears to be just as nice as OEM for damn near half the price. Time will tell when I get it installed.

Also installed new LED reverse lights. No clue if they’re as bright as they claim yet because it’s still daylight.

Also installed the tempered glass stick on for the infotainment screen that someone shared earlier in this thread. Unfortunately it stuck off center. Haha. The kit comes with two screens though. I’ll have to see if it bothers my OCD or not.

1881ebc2600391bd6437dac965fe3f8f.jpg

c17121245e649d9580e7c5926d854b8e.jpg

So what does that do for your screen my friend? The bottom picture is with it applied correct? Does it change the visual when the screen is actually illuminated?

So what does that do for your screen my friend? The bottom picture is with it applied correct? Does it change the visual when the screen is actually illuminated?

Bottom is with the screen, yes. As far as I can tell it doesn’t effect the visual of the screen. It does “look” nicer. Easier to clean. Was $10 for 2 screens off of Amazon and I had some gift cards.
  • Like 1

8 hours ago, JimCost2014 said:

I saw 136 the other day with temps in the low 30's, and have seen it creep past 180 - 190 in the heat of the summer, probably has gone just past 200.

Do you have a trans temp gauge in the Denali, or do you have to scroll through the DIC like the Silverado's to see the temp?

Thanks.

If I put the truck in tow/haul mode it swaps out the battery/charging gauge for the trans temp gage on the screen in the dash.

I got the harness replaced today that had the sensor in it.  Temps were reading 150ish on the way home.  Definitely higher than it was before.  My friend is the tech at the dealer I took it too.  He confirmed the old sensor was done.

Edited by 2016DenaliGuy

1 hour ago, DirtyAndy said:

Bottom is with the screen, yes. As far as I can tell it doesn’t effect the visual of the screen. It does “look” nicer. Easier to clean. Was $10 for 2 screens off of Amazon and I had some gift cards.

That looks clean.  Can you get us a shot of it with the screen on and displaying something?  

• Like 2