What have you done to your K2 today?

Installed Roadmaster Active Suspension.  I stupidly did not measure bed height before install but it definitely raised the bed an inch or two (I went with the 2mm black spacer setup). Opinion so far is acceleration is smoother (reduced axle wrap?) and body roll has been drastically reduced.  I have not had a chance to tow/haul yet  so no comment on that outside of the bed not squating as much when my fat ass climbs into it.  Overall it's definitely more fun to drive. 

It will be even more fun in a few months when it gets warm enough to switch back to e85.

20191228_150544.jpg

• Like 2

Installed Roadmaster Active Suspension.  I stupidly did not measure bed height before install but it definitely raised the bed an inch or two (I went with the 2mm black spacer setup). Opinion so far is acceleration is smoother (reduced axle wrap?) and body roll has been drastically reduced.  I have not had a chance to tow/haul yet  so no comment on that outside of the bed not squating as much when my fat ass climbs into it.  Overall it's definitely more fun to drive. 

It will be even more fun in a few months when it gets warm enough to switch back to e85.
20191228_150544.thumb.jpg.f414b40c53aa24957049eccef7cf6774.jpg
Keep us posted on a 6 month review! I'm interested in this cause I honestly didnt believe it existed till you posted pre install pics of the box here earlier in the week

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Finished installing my lightbar today. Same 31" bar that TXGREEK installed on a gmc. I installed it with the mounts that came with it, but the bar ened up being a little too high. I just drilled 2 new holes and now it sits perfectly. Unless you're looking for it, you can barely see the bar behind the grill. It also clears the active shutters perfectly. Looking forward to testing it out tonight.20191229_130813.thumb.jpg.3a567beffcde3f5e7490c7e523b70a24.jpg37abbb0a59accb44d04e98b77ece6852.jpga752a54771c6cada4f356f989c7f1080.jpgea2dac87944bc824cca9b9f78083779d.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Link to the light bar? I’m going to attempt this as well but with the LT grille

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

7 hours ago, jgraves13 said:

on your light bar - did you mount it to the plastic right behind the grill , ANY info will be helpful. Thanks

Keep us posted on a 6 month review! I'm interested in this cause I honestly didnt believe it existed till you posted pre install pics of the box here earlier in the week

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

I did an install vid for these on here a few months ago. (somewhere in this thread I think) I can send you a link if you’re interested. I love these, this is the 2nd truck I’ve put them on, and will now always install them. (Unless I get a Ram, haha but I do not plan to be doing that again.[emoji1787][emoji1787])

• Like 1

Got it off Amazon. It doesn't come with a wiring harness, but I got one off Amazon also. f9f0417fdcafbb23f6bc2cf23c39d519.jpg

• Like 1

on your light bar - did you mount it to the plastic right behind the grill , ANY info will be helpful. Thanks
I took the grill off. The grill has a plastic shroud that goes around it. It comes out with the grill when you take the grill off. I mounted it directly to the bottom of that shroud. I didn't take any pics but TXGREEK has pics of it in his original post.

• Like 1

On 12/31/2019 at 7:49 PM, pgamboa said:

Ok.  Here is the explanation of this.

The mod here is accessing your reverse camera.  The factory method is that it only comes on in Reverse.  The mod is performed by having your HMI "Unlocked".  This is done by WAMS - www.whiteautoandmedia.com

Once the HMI is "Unlocked", one of the features you gain is a "Camera" icon on your 8" Screen.  What this does is give you the ability the call up the reverse camera at any time.  It will function as normal where it comes on automatically when in Reverse.  What is neat about this mod, is the ability to call it up while in Drive.  Neat for when towing and you want a quick look on the trailer.  

Now - With all that said, there are some prerequisites here.  

1.  You need a 2.5 HMI and 8" screen.  This means for you 2014-2015 Trucks (and some 2016 Trucks that got the leftover 2.0 HMI hardware), you must upgrade to 2016 - 2.5 HMI Hardware.  This is known as the "CarPlay/Android Auto Upgrade".  This service is provided by WAMS - https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2014-2015-5-c-k-platform-car-play-upgrade-retrofit-programming/.  They can also supply the hardware if needed.  There is a SPECIFIC upgrade path with compatible part #s that makes this truly PnP and fully operational.  While you have them perform the CP/AA upgrade, you can (at the same time), request to have the full UNLOCK done - https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2013-hmi-based-radio-iwm-unlock/.  These are separate services that need to be combined IF you want to gain the full HMI Unlock features.  I made a video of those features here - 

2.  For those of you that have a 2016+ Truck WITH the 2.5 HMI, you can remove the HMI and send it off to WAMS to get UNLOCKED.  If you have 2016 truck and you remove your HMI, it is likely that your truck will not start.  I made a video and have a bypass to start your truck while your HMI is out (this does NOT affect 2017-2018 trucks - you should be able to start your truck without your HMI).  Once the HMI is sent off, WAMS does their magic and send it back to you.  

3.  In both instances, you will need a Reverse Camera Adapter Harness that I build.  They can be purchased below:

https://harnessdr.com/product/2014-2015-silverado-sierra-reverse-camera-adapter-harness/

https://harnessdr.com/product/2016-2019-silverado-sierra-reverse-camera-adapter-harness/

Hope this helps answer your questions.  HAPPY NEW YEAR!

My 2016 has Apple Carplay as an option under settings on the screen. I have an Android phone, so I've never used this, nor have I added Android play. Questions is, since Apple Carplay is an option, does that mean I have the 2.5 HMI?

Upgraded the in-dash navigation with the 2020 usb stick. Wasn't going to do it, but the 2019 was reduced to $99, and I had built up $50 in GM Rewards points, so I figured for $50 I would. When I picked it up, they gave me the 2020 version.

• Like 1

My 2016 has Apple Carplay as an option under settings on the screen. I have an Android phone, so I've never used this, nor have I added Android play. Questions is, since Apple Carplay is an option, does that mean I have the 2.5 HMI?

Yes. You should have the 2.5 HMI with CP only. To gain Android auto, it needs to be updated.

You can order and send in your HMI here.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2016-android-auto-car-play-upgrade-retrofit/

1 minute ago, pgamboa said:

Yes. You should have the 2.5 HMI with CP only. To gain Android auto, it needs to be updated.

You can order and send in your HMI here.

https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com/product/2016-android-auto-car-play-upgrade-retrofit/

That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Really not interested in the android update, but the rear camera update has me thinking...

38 minutes ago, mcdavis said:

That's what I thought, just wanted to confirm. Really not interested in the android update, but the rear camera update has me thinking...

It’s great if you have a trailer or just to check on the guy behind you. 

8A1E1876-8D78-4D01-ACC9-B1EF8605DC13.jpeg

• Like 1