What have you done to your K2 today?

On 1/14/2020 at 11:42 PM, AdioSS said:

IN9mJu0.jpg

I installed a billet tailgate handle today. 

In the past I used to hate chrome & even dechromed the window trim on my 96 Impala SS, but I’ve actually added a little bling to this truck with this & the center console lid handle. 

Looks good.

I have the chrome factory version (along with the center console handle), where did you find a billet one?

What is the finish like on the billet handle itself?

18 hours ago, 2016DenaliGuy said:

I like that.  Where'd you pick that up from?

eBay lol

13 hours ago, VanguardK2 said:

x2 I WANT that. Wonder if they do more than just the tailgate handle. Outfit my whole truck in those

The company does sell billet door handles also. 

17 minutes ago, JimCost2014 said:

Looks good.

I have the chrome factory version (along with the center console handle), where did you find a billet one?

What is the finish like on the billet handle itself?

eBay, but mine was more of a brushed finish instead of the full polished. 

I actually just received a full polished full tailgate handle (like this: https://amistyling.com/billet-tailgate-handle-polished-953cm )

but I think I’m going to just stick with the brushed one. So, if anybody is interested in the full polished one, PM me :)

Edited by AdioSS
  • Like 1

28 minutes ago, AdioSS said:

eBay lol

The company does sell billet door handles also. 

eBay, but mine was more of a brushed finish instead of the full polished. 

I actually just received a full polished full tailgate handle (like this: https://amistyling.com/billet-tailgate-handle-polished-953cm )

but I think I’m going to just stick with the brushed one. So, if anybody is interested in the full polished one, PM me :)

Good call on your choice, the "full polished" is too much. I like the black bezel with the handle being chrome or billet, gives it some contrast.

On 1/14/2020 at 5:09 PM, DirtyAndy said:

Also installed the tempered glass stick on for the infotainment screen that someone shared earlier in this thread. Unfortunately it stuck off center. Haha. The kit comes with two screens though. I’ll have to see if it bothers my OCD or not.

1881ebc2600391bd6437dac965fe3f8f.jpg

c17121245e649d9580e7c5926d854b8e.jpg

Just be careful pulling it off.  I bought the same ones and didn't get them on straight.  As soon as I tried to pull the first one off it spider-webbed terribly.  I put the second one and it did the same thing!

• Like 2

Yep, only way to do it is to somehow get fishing line or floss under it and drag but its adhesive is a one off so theres no point in saving the glass anyway when that happens

Sent from my SM-N975U1 using Tapatalk

Today, after over a year of ownership, I finally used the truck to tow something for the first time. Naturally the 6.2 handled it with no problem. The roads were wet & the winds were gusty. I initially had it in 2WD, but I gassed it a bit turning onto the road & the back tires broke loose. 
0c8D9ld.jpg

Gq9PFxa.jpg

• Like 4

That looks clean.  Can you get us a shot of it with the screen on and displaying something?  

Here it is this morning. Can’t even tell it’s on there. But it feels so much better to the finger tip. Which is a weird thing to say. Lol

0bb8e697389278342071355a1833fcde.jpg
  • Like 5

Removed those stupid looking flaps in front of the rear wheels. 7224fb1fb4e8c629285cadb9c28ebe03.jpg5a5ada432a42a436a42e0bcc93d7b0eb.jpgba438f927de999c8d3e27f99916b8cf6.jpge8f1267c9ae3b0a369d4f0c637215f3c.jpg

Anyone know if there is some sort of cap I can get to finish it off? Sort of like the other side of the wheel well?

67704785e90a4b979fe092da21722547.jpgf292b7a9c3ef7d6bdd4a8266604ccd2e.jpg

• Like 3