What have you done to your K2 today?

On 12/21/2019 at 4:02 PM, Cheverado said:

I have a double cab but I had plenty left over. I bought 24”x48”. This is the rear of mine.

AFF03084-D5B1-41AC-B483-5D85BB9B1C07.jpeg

Man that looks good.  I appreciate the info.  The panels on my rear doors are a little longer.  I will do some measuring before ordering.

I also just wrapped the top of the cup holder with 3M 1080 matte silver. I had the gloss sterling silver to match the dash but the glare was unbearable. 

10480761-1A92-40F6-9DF3-6C74E2E84B35.jpeg

Edited by Cheverado
  • Like 4

Picked up one of these little guys and I haven’t installed it in my truck yet seeing as it’s kind of torn apart at the moment but one of my good truck buddies put one in his last month and holy crap what a difference. I guess I never even realized how bad the lag is in throttle response until you get this thing in. At top setting he can damn near break the tires loose just by touching the gas! Lol And for $275 yes please hahaC18E60BD-6254-45B9-A008-374AADACAD82.jpeg.b5ed65980484ac475900ad6b9a43aef5.jpeg

• Like 2

I appreciate it. Looks like I'll be ordering one.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

Btw, in the pick you see, I’ve got mine facing downward, it would be much brighter if it was tilted higher.

Sent from Above

56 minutes ago, CovetedStyle said:

Picked up one of these little guys and I haven’t installed it in my truck yet seeing as it’s kind of torn apart at the moment but one of my good truck buddies put one in his last month and holy crap what a difference. I guess I never even realized how bad the lag is in throttle response until you get this thing in. At top setting he can damn near break the tires loose just by touching the gas! Lol And for $275 yes please hahaC18E60BD-6254-45B9-A008-374AADACAD82.jpeg.b5ed65980484ac475900ad6b9a43aef5.jpeg

Bought mine about a month ago and love it. I don't think I would be able to tolerate going back to driving without the added sensitivity now..

• Like 3

Btw, in the pick you see, I’ve got mine facing downward, it would be much brighter if it was tilted higher.

Sent from Above
I ended up buying one as a Christmas present for myself. Once I get it installed I'll post some pics of how it looks in a Silverado grill. I'm sure I'll have to adjust the angle depending on how the light output is.

Sent from my SM-G975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

I had problems with mine cutting out anytime i turned mine up. I’m running a JL HD 600/4 and 750//1 on a stock alternator and battery. About 4 months ago I unplugged the regulated voltage control and have not had any issues at all since then. I no longer have the fluctuating voltage, just a constant 14.
Well I went on a 2-1/2 hour ride with it disconnected and looks like i boiled the battery leaving it disconnected. Heads [emoji121]0f2e1ac58bfe1c567a6a78f09e97b270.jpg

Sent from my LG-G710 using Tapatalk

5 hours ago, Snowcamo said:

Well I went on a 2-1/2 hour ride with it disconnected and looks like i boiled the battery leaving it disconnected. Heads emoji121.png0f2e1ac58bfe1c567a6a78f09e97b270.jpg

Battery was probably going bad already then, normally that shouldn't happen

Battery was probably going bad already then, normally that shouldn't happen

I had it tested a few months back but yeah who knows. Got a xs d3100 today and am trying to rig it under the back seat. I hear xs has under the hood heat issues, so thats a no go.

• Like 1

Well, it’s been a while since I’ve been on here. Just busy with life, house projects and work. The truck usually gets put on the back burner in the fall/winter. My wife wanted to surprise me with something For Christmas and she reached out to Phil Gamboa (HarnessDr)and he got with Chris White (WAMS), and they made this possible.  It’s like hearing a broken record, but their knowledge, support and customer support is what makes them miles ahead of the competition.

8347d4122bee972aaf7fa9992eb1fda1.jpg

I had the IO5 radio and upgraded to the IO6 navigation. Installation was simple too. The 14/15 models will need the newer 16+ USB ports. One inside my console, and one up under the screen on the frontof my console. I mounted my GPS antennae up under the dash by the windshield. This is absolutely amazing. I missed having the GPS in my old truck with an aftermarket deck. The GPS and CarPlay are exactly what I wanted. PGamboa on here and https://harnessdr.com, and and GTPprix over at https://www.whiteautoandmedia.com are incredible at what they can do! If anyone has to swap out their USB hubs on the console, I would highly recommend the $2 pick set at harbor freight to get behind the hub to release the locking tabs. Lol. 

Any non GM truck person wouldn’t think twice about this upgrade, but it feels brand new to me again. I love how it will read my text messages for me without having to look at my phone. 

• Like 5

Did my first oil change since I have owned the truck. About 5600 miles and the DIC said 25% life remaining. The oil looked awful. I filled the little bottle from the Blackstone Labs kit. I’ll send that in this week.

I’m using Mobil1 full synthetic and Wix filters because Mobil1 served me well over the past 19 years in my previous truck.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 3