How satisfied are you with your 2014 GM truck?

Poll: How many love their trucks vs hate their trucks?  

1,045 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Love my 2014 Denali but last month I had to shut my engine down due low oil pressure. Before I was able to shut it down the pressure was reading zero, upon inspection at the dealership it was noted that there was water mixed with the oil and the oil pump was shot. I asked what was the cause of the failure and I was told that GM Canada wanted the dealership to send them the pump without even looking at it. At first I was told that there may be some low end damage to the motor but later in the day I was informed that everything looked okay.

The truck only has 17000 km's on it. I talked to GM Canada today and was told the motor looked okay and that they were not going to take further action on it as the motor fell within it's parameters, I asked what the parameters were and was told he didn't know and that I would have to talk to my dealership. I'm not sure what to do next, the truck sounds good but doesn't seem to have as much power as it use to. the motor in the truck is a 6.2l.

you will know what to do if it happens again,hold it to the floor and make sure you sieze that sucker solid that way they will have to give you a new motor like they should of the first time around.

• Replies 446
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Love my truck with the exception of the transmission/shift points. I'm really hoping for an update that makes the transmission more responsive to downshifts from low to mid range acceleration.

This thing flat 'shits-n-gets' from a dead stop or at cruising speeds (55+), but the response in the 25-45MPH range aggravates me some times.

Also, sometimes during hard acceleration the oil pressure jumps from normal to 80 PSI and that freaks me out a bit.

Also, sometimes during hard acceleration the oil pressure jumps from normal to 80 PSI and that freaks me out a bit.

This is normal and by design. The engine doesn't need 80 PSI unless you're above 3k rpm. It's for fuel efficiency.

LOVE my new '15 Silverado LTZ Z71! Absolutely no problems, other than I want to drive it so much I'd go broke from putting gas into her! These new GM trucks are A+.

This is normal and by design. The engine doesn't need 80 PSI unless you're above 3k rpm. It's for fuel efficiency.

Thanks, Hondahawk. Almost immediately after posting that I found a thread about exactly that 'issue' I was having and learned that it is a 2-stage oil pump.

I am "meh". I loved my Tundra, almost got another, but thought the features and specs were stale on that line. The 6.2/8speed combo was what really drew me back to GM.

The Denali is nice, but really doesn't live up to the cost. The 8speed sucks because of teething pains and because of the software running it. I'd kill for GM to wake up, realize they suck at transmission designing, and start bolting the expertly-designed ZF 8HP transmissions in the trucks.

• 5 weeks later...

I don't think I could be happier with my truck. Seriously, when my work day is coming to an end, I just look forward to hopping in my truck and driving home. I've had a lot of fun cars/trucks but my K2 is my favorite. I don't even drive my 690 rwhp trans am nearly as much as i used to [emoji41]

Sent from my iPhone 6+

I agree with the post above. I had many "muscle" cars and never really looked forward to driving them as much as I look forward to driving my 14. Ill be off work in about an hour. It takes me about 15 minutes to get home. Ill take the long way home and stretch it to 30 minutes. Last night I celebrated my 6 year wedding anniversary with a family get together. I offered to drive my annoying brother in-law home just so as to drive my truck. My wife knew this and causally shook her head and smiled. It was about a 30 minute drive one way. Little did he know I wasn't really listening to him at all. Yep. I love my truck.

I thoroughly enjoy my 15 6.2L Denali. My third GMC truck and the best one yet. A few minor annoying issues, but nothing I would give up my truck for. 7800 miles since January. I almost look forward to having to go to work each day! :driving:

I don't drive my husband's car anymore. I drive my new truck. :driving: I felt safer in my hubby's newer car than my old vehicle. Now that situation is reversed. I feel safer in my new truck. Hubby is lucky when he gets to drive my new truck, which has happened only twice in the past month.

Well since I'm on here let me tell you that I was a chevy guy for years but no longer will be in the future I have had nothing but trouble with this junk truck since getting it if it sounds like I'm unhappy I am.waterleaks frame rusting away transmission and transfer case issues that will ,not might kill someone if they don't fix it(software problems)neutral dropping at speed and when parked and a transmission that decides if it wants to go into drive instead of reverse.glad to see a few people enjoying their trucks but they won't in five years when the frame lets go from rust

Archived