Post your 2014+ wheel/tire set-up

For those that changed sizes... What are you running for psi? Still going by the factory recommendation?

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

I just finished doing some reading on this topic and discovered that for load E rating tires have a higher max psi and should be run at min 50 psi compared to the 35 factory tire specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by asalinasz39

I just finished doing some reading on this topic and discovered that for load E rating tires have a higher max psi and should be run at min 50 psi compared to the 35 factory tire specs

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Good point! I didn't go load E this time around.

For those that changed sizes... What are you running for psi? Still going by the factory recommendation?

There is a chart or formula offered by each tire manufacture, or you can email them they will tell you the recommended pressure. Toyo recommends 42 psi in a 285 65 18 E to match the factory P275 55 20 good years. The math depends on the factory load rating and whichever tire you replace it with, for example 305 55 20 E would not have the same recommended pressure as a 285 65 18 E because they have different load ranges regardless of both being E the 285 is a 125 at 80 psi while the 305 is a 121 at 65 PSI. The link below is from Toyo but most manufactures have somehting similar.

https://toyotires-1524598101.netdna-ssl.com/media/1541/application_of_load_inflation_tables_20151020.pdf

So it was past time to do something to my girl. She needed new tires anyway...so why not go bigger?

RC 2" leveling kit

Firestone Destination A/T

285/70/R17 (up front the stock 255/70R17)

No rubbing or clearance issues and she looks so much better.

I like the looks of both versions of your truck. The first picture is with a 2" level and 255's, correct? I decided to stay with stock size on my new tires (255/70r17). I far prefer the looks of the larger sizes but could not justify any differences in costs, performance or ease of access. Ironically this tire size would have been considered a larger size upgrade less than ten years ago! I still have a 1.5" front leveling kit that needs to be installed. Now that I have committed to a few more years of the 255's, I was wondering if this level kit would enhance the looks or make it worse. I would appreciate comments or pictures from those that have kept the 255/70r17 tire size.

Edited by Donstar

Here's some nicer photos of my new setup, specs are as follows:

20x9 +0 XD820 Grenade

305/55/20 BFGoodrich KO2

Ziptied back side of front fenderwells back

NO RUBBING at all, in any direction at full lock

2.5" Pro Comp leveling kit - No changes to rear suspension from stock

let me know if you have any questions! I absolutely love the way it looks!

7_zpsfbcbhgik.jpg

5_zpsypmmcu02.jpg

4_zpsr1lt1j1g.jpg

3_zpswuzcl0mc.jpg

1_zpsbsonmyku.jpg

6_zpsvapa5eoe.jpg

Looks awesome!!! Love the wheels and tires!

• Like 1

Here's some nicer photos of my new setup, specs are as follows:

20x9 +0 XD820 Grenade

305/55/20 BFGoodrich KO2

Ziptied back side of front fenderwells back

NO RUBBING at all, in any direction at full lock

2.5" Pro Comp leveling kit - No changes to rear suspension from stock

let me know if you have any questions! I absolutely love the way it looks!

7_zpsfbcbhgik.jpg

5_zpsypmmcu02.jpg

4_zpsr1lt1j1g.jpg

3_zpswuzcl0mc.jpg

1_zpsbsonmyku.jpg

6_zpsvapa5eoe.jpg

Any pics of how you zip tied the fender liner back to fit these? Your tires come out to almost the exact same size as I am wanting to run on 0 offset wheels as well. I will be going 295/70/17 on 0 offset methods.

• Like 3

Any pics of how you zip tied the fender liner back to fit these? Your tires come out to almost the exact same size as I am wanting to run on 0 offset wheels as well. I will be going 295/70/17 on 0 offset methods.

Sure, I can get a picture as soon as I get off work here in about 2 hours or so

OOOOO post pics of that one! I'm a sucker for Method wheels

OOOOO post pics of that one! I'm a sucker for Method wheels

Haha it's going to be a while before I get the truck done but I will definitely get some nice pics when it is. Wheels tires and Kings are on order but I am really trying to wait out the winter here before installing. Going King 3.0 front, 2.5 rear, Method NV's with Toyo RT in 295/70/17. Oh and Mazzulla upper arms.

• Like 2