2014/15+ HD PowerFold OEM Tow Mirrors (The Ones We've Been Waiting

superchargedss

• Replies 1.4k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have a 2015 Denali built in July 2015, and I don't have the RPO AVF. I believe it's only for HDs, and only for diesel but I am not positive because there is not a lot of info about it online. GM made the switch to the AVF code in mid-2015 and all 2016s will have it. It had to do with a new TCM.

Cap will only need two door harnesses and two mirrors with his 2016 High Country and everything will work like stoc

avf isn't specific to diesel.. also just because you have a 2015.5 doesn't necessarily mean the mirrors will work,.. theres a gm document on here that gives specific details for each model and trim package..

Sorry if this has already been answered, but with so many very long tow mirror threads, I can't remember what I read where.

I have a 2014 Silverado LT with the DL8 mirrors. I am familiar with GMs kit which includes the two non power fold mirrors. Plus I am aware of the 3 harnesses that I would need to make it fully function.

What I am not clear on is has anyone with the DL8 (non power fold mirrors) bought the power fold chrome mirrors and the 3 harnesses and added the switch and adapted them to make the power fold work? I wouldn't mind moving a wire in the harness, or even running an extra power wire if necessary, but I am just trying to find out if anyone has figured out how to do this.

I know it will be a lot more expensive, but I am very interested in the power fold option. It seems like if you add the switch and the harnesses, it would be possible to make it work, but I am not sure of this.

Nick

I figured I would post what I have figured out so far just in case someone else with a '14 LT wants to attempt this upgrade. I got my power fold mirrors and got them installed. I also had ordered a 23154705 driver door mirror switch as recommended in this thread. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned in an earlier post, this switch will not work on the '14 LT as it is keyed different. It was close enough that I made it fit and ended up blowing a fuse.

I know several people with the '14 LT trucks that upgraded to the DL3 used the 23154702 switch and were able to get their mirrors to fold. I am hoping this switch will also function with the power fold tow mirrors since most people with the DL3 mirrors who switched to the tow mirrors were able to use the stock switch.

In the end, I am still hoping I can get the tow mirrors fully functioning with a stock look. I have the extra wiring harnesses, but I wanted to work on it one step at a time. I will install the harnesses after getting the fold function working.

Call me curious but is the wiring present for power folding in your harnesses currently?

I figured I would post what I have figured out so far just in case someone else with a '14 LT wants to attempt this upgrade. I got my power fold mirrors and got them installed. I also had ordered a 23154705 driver door mirror switch as recommended in this thread. Unfortunately, as someone else mentioned in an earlier post, this switch will not work on the '14 LT as it is keyed different. It was close enough that I made it fit and ended up blowing a fuse.

I know several people with the '14 LT trucks that upgraded to the DL3 used the 23154702 switch and were able to get their mirrors to fold. I am hoping this switch will also function with the power fold tow mirrors since most people with the DL3 mirrors who switched to the tow mirrors were able to use the stock switch.

In the end, I am still hoping I can get the tow mirrors fully functioning with a stock look. I have the extra wiring harnesses, but I wanted to work on it one step at a time. I will install the harnesses after getting the fold function working.

Here.

Does "DL3 minus A45" mean yours came with DL3 mirrors? My RPO badge says A45, and DL3- it says both- but has DL3 mirrors. According to the chart, should I not have to worry about the BCM or memory module flashing? Thanks brother, just kind of confusing.

Does "DL3 minus A45" mean yours came with DL3 mirrors? My RPO badge says A45, and DL3- it says both- but has DL3 mirrors. According to the chart, should I not have to worry about the BCM or memory module flashing? Thanks brother, just kind of confusing.

DL3 is the nicer mirrors. A45 is memory seats. I have both and did not need a memory cal, and I don't know a single person who did the swap that has DL3/A45 that actually needed a BCM flash.

DL3 is the nicer mirrors. A45 is memory seats. I have both and did not need a memory cal, and I don't know a single person who did the swap that has DL3/A45 that actually needed a BCM flash.

You are the man my friend. Thanks for all you've contributed to this thread. You have helped me a lot. I know I could do this swap myself, but because the dealer we bought our truck from committed to transferring what we added to financing our truck wasn't willing to do this once we found out the accessory mirrors don't fold, they offered if I could find a dealer who knew how, they'd pay them... just so happens I did and the dealership who is able to help me out has done the swap before. They have actually cited things that were said in the thread. Should be going in sometime this week to get it done.

I have a quick question for anyone that has the power fold tow mirrors installed. I installed my mirrors yesterday, but I don't have the correct switch yet, so I manually extended them so I could use them in the mean time. The passenger mirror extends to the correct position and "locks" in with some sort of stop. It pops into place and doesn't move. The drivers mirror only locks into position when fully folded in or pushed all the way out - way past the point it should be at.

When driving, the driver's side mirror will blow in and is unusable. Shouldn't it have the lock/stop position like the passenger side, or will it be held in place by the motor once I put the new switch in place and extend them using the button?

I'm just trying to determine if I need to exchange the mirror while waiting for the switch to arrive.

You need the switch the fold them in. If not, they won't latch open/closed.

OK, thanks. I had read about people using the mirrors before they got the switch by simply pulling them open.

I wonder if something is wrong with the passenger mirror then? It stops very solidly at the open position and locks into place. You can move it further open or closed with a good push/pull, but it doesn't move without some effort.

The driver side "clicks" into place in the folded position and in the fully extended position (folded out close to front fender. I wonder if that mirror is OK then.

Supercharged?

How much are the mirrors going for these days?

I have a '15 Duramax Denali pre 15i with DL3 mirrors now. I need #23241465 and #23241469 mirrors.

Also, if I am hard wiring my amber lights in and putting my LED's on their own switch, do I still need the wiring harnesses it tells me on the GM chart?

Also, it tells me to buy the RZY camper mirror harness. What does this actually do? Make it operate as if I had the AVF rpo code and not have to hard wire in?

Thanks.

Archived