Leaking in seat belt area.

replied to another post...you're having the same issue. The leak is due to the fact the roofs are glued on, once it starts it will never be stopped. had this happen on a 2015 Tahoe without a sunroof. No dealer will be able to fix the issue, believe me i went thru it for a year with no luck. Found a dealer that took it in on trade, walked out with a new 2017 Z71 a year & a half ago, with a sunroof, no issues. You got a bad one like me & many others. Next will be the HVAC controls. You think the water is only in the second row, wrong. Its everywhere, behind the dash, soaked carpet padding, everywhere. Trade it if you can. I feel bad for you.

Same issue with our 2018 Tahoe we purchased new, 9 months ago. Less than 30 days after we purchased the vehicle was back at the dealer. The rear of vehicle was soaked inside. In the areas of the 3rd row seat belt guides. Dealership gutted inside of vehicle to perform water test. (Shouldn’t have been hard since we had 4 inches of rain the 3 days the dealer left it outside)Found that both rear roof seams on both sides were never completed when it was manufactured 2 months before our purchase. Seam sealer was applied and reassembled after a shit show with the dealership... few months later, back into the dealership with trim panels that were falling off, and again, a mobile swimming pool in the back of the Hoe. Vehicle gutted again, found another area of roof seam that was neglected to be sealed by dealer the first time. Headliner,carpet and almost all of the interior panels were replaced (broken on first repair) Fast forward 3 more months... Leaking again, this time from the studs on the right rear seam. 3 separate case reports open with GM, over 30 days in shop, trying for Lemon Law as GM said nothing can be done other than “let the warranty do what is there for”. Referred us to BBB 

• 11 months later...

This may possibly be unrelated, but during the initial test drive of a used 2019 GMC Yukon with 34,000 miles, I noticed water leaking on the passenger side A pillar and passenger side windshield, at the very top of the windshield basically directly above the airbag area.  Thank goodness it was raining that day, and the dealership may have also just run it through their car wash before I arrived.

Before buying I demanded that the issue be taken care of.  The local GMC dealership had a glass company come out who removed the windshield and found the factory seal to be deformed during installation.  They said that this triggered an internal GM investigation because this was obviously a manufacturing defect at the time when the original windshield was installed and not something that came to be later on.

I'm not sure how that would reach your passenger side seat belt, but was worth nothing.  All of this information is from within the past two weeks.

Of course, the GM dealership didn't give a crap about the soaked carpeting.  After taking possession, I pulled up the carpeting and dried it and the insulation with an electric heater for about one full day straight.  There was probably about one full gallon of water that was absorbed by the carpeting and insulation beneath!  Luckily, the floor wasn't rusted and there was no mold as far as I could tell.  No funky smells.  Luckily I'm rather mechanically handy so this was no major feat for me, but still an annoyance as the factory warranty will only deal with the source of the problem and won't deal with anything else that becomes affected along the way.

Edited by BlaineBug

• 2 weeks later...

When I bought my SUV, it was perfect. Now it’s been to the dealer 3 times and after tonight’s rain, I’ll be taking it in tomorrow for the 4th....for the same recurring problem. It’s raining through the seatbelt behind the passenger side in the middle row. The last time it happened they kept it three weeks while running a sprinkler over it to duplicate it and couldn’t make it leak. The time before they told me the welds had broken in the roof from driving it. The time before it was a gasket under the GPS antenna. It was put on backward. Each time except the last they made me pay since it was past the 35,000 mile mark. 

0E09CF0F-5C36-420A-BAA9-59DA1301A1F0.jpeg

261A3B5A-EB65-4319-AEFA-95BC3BA9B7FD.jpeg

• 2 weeks later...