6.2L Max Tow, Anybody have one?

I have the '14 6.2L Max Tow GMC Sierra. Mine came with the smaller mirrors.

I was looking at that the other day wondering why they would make this truck targeted towards towing with built-in trailer brake and not put towing mirrors on the truck.

Did I get the wrong mirrors or were the smaller ones standard in '14?

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I guess they changed it for the '15s. If you go with the max trailering option, they automatically get the camper mirrors.

Yes, and max tow (NHT) is the only way you can get new style tow mirrors factory installed on a 15.

• 2 weeks later...

Mine showed up at the dealer today. Probably won't have it until the weekend which sucks. Man I can't get over iridium...

attachicon.gifIMG_3152.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3153.jpg

attachicon.gifIMG_3154.jpg

Nice looking truck there, congrats!! I almost went with the iridium grey, but opted for the Bronze Alloy. Wife got tired of hearing me ask her opinion of the 2 colors. Lol

image.jpg1_3.jpg

That Iridium truck looks just like mine except I have the standard box. Going to order a Leer cap for it today.

I really like that Bronze Alloy color as well.

The Cayenne is really sharp as well. One of the guys I work with just bought a Chevy in that color.

ConnRadd, you got your truck!!!! Looks good man!![emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

ConnRadd, you got your truck!!!! Looks good man!![emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106] [emoji106]

Thank you! I got her windows tinted today. Looks nice!

Just picked mine up today. I couldnt replicate any transmission problems, vibrations, etc. This thing is amazing. I actually peeled the tires at a set of lights with traction control on, nothing too much though just a good squeal. Throttle response is much better than I thought. Though for the first 50 miles or so it seemed sluggish then after a break around town it woke up. Drives like a dream. Have about 300 miles on it now and with about 200 of that highway I achieved 21 mpg, my 08 5.3 was lucky to see 17.

I am glad I waited for these max tows

Mirrors are everything I hoped for. Amazing trucks.

On a side note I added gm borla exhaust, percect sound and no drone.

My truck is about 1500 miles on it and I am very impressed with it! The only issue I have noticed is very minor. When I close either the drivers side or passengers side front doors it moves the mirror itself to the point I must re-adjust the mirrors. Anyone else having this issue on their tow mirrors? I never had this problem on my 2500 HD.

My truck is about 1500 miles on it and I am very impressed with it! The only issue I have noticed is very minor. When I close either the drivers side or passengers side front doors it moves the mirror itself to the point I must re-adjust the mirrors. Anyone else having this issue on their tow mirrors? I never had this problem on my 2500 HD.

I close my mirrors all the time and don't need to readjust. I know on my Avalanche, the passenger mirror would get goofy and needed to adjust it from time to time.

Archived