2015 Silverado Crew Cab Insurance Premiums

I have a 2016 Silverado crew cab LTZ z71. I pay 280 every 6 months. I use farmers insurance, live in Minnesota and also have it combined with a homeowners policy and my fiancées 2016 Malibu. (Which is 262 every 6 months). We have 500$ deductible and way higher than minimum coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Replies 31
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Dirtbiker.... CDN insurance provides liability coverage in the millions. US insurance liability coverage is way less, sometimes as little as $50k.

Yes I am required by work to carry 2 million in liability. Which does play into the cost. I wouldn't want much less though as no one sues for less than a million anymore if something happens. I can't imagine having only that little bit of coverage.

I also put on a lot of miles every year. I do shop around. The accident took me from $1100 per year to $1700. Everyone I work with pays about $1100 or so....

I have a 2016 Silverado crew cab LTZ z71. I pay 280 every 6 months. I use farmers insurance, live in Minnesota and also have it combined with a homeowners policy and my fiancées 2016 Malibu. (Which is 262 every 6 months). We have 500$ deductible and way higher than minimum coverage.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

As someone who lives in Michigan, that's depressing. I just renewed my rates and it's $810 for 6 months just for my truck... and another $810 for the wife's Equinox...

Have you tried an independent insurance agent who will do the leg work and check multiple insurance companies for the best rate. They also can offer some guidance on how to tweak your policy to get equal to better coverage at a better rate.

$529 every 6th months. Male / 24 /single /no claims no tickets. I am on my parents policy which has like 5 vehicles plus an ATV or two and 2 Sleds.

AAA

I'm nervous for when my parents kick me off to go on my own policy lol.

Wowza... I just switched my insurance to Geico - Was paying 525/6mo. for a 2013 BRZ on my parents insurance plan. My 2016 Sierra Double is 505/6mo. with the same level of coverage as on my parents insurance for a much more expensive vehicle (sports car vs. truck though). I'm also 24, which made it surprising that geico was so low.

Wowza... I just switched my insurance to Geico - Was paying 525/6mo. for a 2013 BRZ on my parents insurance plan. My 2016 Sierra Double is 505/6mo. with the same level of coverage as on my parents insurance for a much more expensive vehicle (sports car vs. truck though). I'm also 24, which made it surprising that geico was so low.

It will most likely go up next year when it comes time to renew, all these places give slightly better deals to make you make the initial switch to them, then jack them up for the next year.

Some of you people have no idea how lucky you are with some of the rates i'm seeing, It really is completely unfair with how rates are set in this country right now!

As an insurance guy I have no idea how some of you guys are paying that. I have a hard time believing that it is being quoted correctly with some of those rates or you all have literally perfect credit scores, no tickets accidents violations, live in low crime areas not affected by weather, with state minimum liability only and are 55 years old using it only for pleasure. Cheers to you but I'd go broke writing those policies

20feet, there are some of us who do have good credit, no accidents/tickets, and know how to manage our money. There are also some of us who would drop you as an insurance agent as soon as you raise your rates and would go shopping for a better deal. That is what I do every year. I suppose insurance companies love to insure those with DUI's and/or tons of other tickets. I just switched my motorcycle insurance and when they asked how I would pay I said the whole year and I'll write a check. The girl at the counter was dumbfounded for a few seconds, said she rarely sees anybody who pays the whole year at once and most just pay the extra $30 to break it out to 4 payments. Doesn't make sense to me.

20feet, there are some of us who do have good credit, no accidents/tickets, and know how to manage our money. There are also some of us who would drop you as an insurance agent as soon as you raise your rates and would go shopping for a better deal. That is what I do every year. I suppose insurance companies love to insure those with DUI's and/or tons of other tickets. I just switched my motorcycle insurance and when they asked how I would pay I said the whole year and I'll write a check. The girl at the counter was dumbfounded for a few seconds, said she rarely sees anybody who pays the whole year at once and most just pay the extra $30 to break it out to 4 payments. Doesn't make sense to me.

I doubt you would drop me, but hey you might. I am an independent agent and I don't set the rates , also I requote my customers annually, finding a better rate for them and keeping them as a customer is more important to me than the $20 commission it might cost me. I also try my best to get every discount possible for every customer. There are alot of times where I take hours quoting with 5-10 different companies just to confirm that the current company who is writing your insurance is the best bang/buck. Its a tough business now and I'd rather build relationships that deal with a customer who is worried about saving $1.50. There is something to be said for having an agent in your corner who cares about how you are treated when a claim does occur.

Archived