When I test drove my 2016 Silverado I thought the seating was a little awkward but I chalked it up to being a brand new truck. I have a buddy, who isn't very big, who finds the jump seat to dig into his side. It is set ridiculously far forward and should be set back 6-10 inches. The dealership says no, but to hell with that. Anybody find this issue and if so what have you tried? Thanks for reading.

I think he means the middle seat in the front. Haven't had that issue, and I have a regular cab, so there would be a limit to how much further it could even go back.

Leave it flipped up? Or swap it with a full console, though I'm not sure that would solve the problem.

Thanks for the replies. I am talking about the front seat. I have a double cab model. I do leave the arm rest up but it's just that the actual seat is set so far forward that it is a little uncomfortable 9more for the passenger than the driver). I want to take it out and move it back, then bolt it back in.

If you leave the seat up and you are tall and keep the seats back then yes the jump seat is in the way. I never leave it up, folded down its an armrest/storage/cupholder. As mentioned I dont think that jump seat is meant to be used often like older pickups with a straight bench.

I'm sure there is a way to remount it so it sits further back but unless you need to use that center seat why not just fold it down..

jump seat is designed for a 110lb hot blonde girl. anyone else will be uncomfortable

lol, I'm thinking a lot of 110lb hot blonds still would not be very comfortable sitting there depending on the driver ans passenger :)

#redheadsmattertoo

I am 6'5 270 with plenty of room, I leave it down all the time.

Tyler

I'm not that big, but it's fine in either setting for me.

lol, I'm thinking a lot of 110lb hot blonds still would not be very comfortable sitting there depending on the driver ans passenger :)

I think it's more of a matter of leg room. My truck has had all three seats occupied; the width was ok, but the jump seat passenger looked like what I imagine the back seat of a DC would be like.

The center seat is about useless in 2014+ trucks. Someone can sit in it but they are looking at themselves in the rear view mirror because of the increased slant of the windshield. The padding is also non-existent. One of the things I miss the most about my 2002 model.

• 10 months later...

Term "bench seat" goes back to the days when there was a single seating surface spanning door to door and later an independent 60-40 configuration. But the independent "buckets" installed in a 40-20-40 setup are not "bench seats". The same manual/motorized seats are used whether in the fixed center console or fixed center jump seat configurations.

Archived