Big Whiskey's 2016 2500HD

Big Whiskey

Damn that's a bad ass trailer! Perfect set up for hunting! Where did you get it?

Thanks man! Yeah, it's a pretty sweet unit! It's a Jayco brand pop-up with the Baja package. It was made like that from the factory. My parents bought it brand new from a Jayco dealer in Missouri in 2005, and I bought it from them a few years ago. You can still get the Baja package on new Jaycos, but they don't have the front deck any more. There are a few other brands that make similar models. Do some searching for pop-up toy haulers; you might be surprised!

• 4 weeks later...

Right on. I just did a tire comparison and yours are only .1 of an inch taller and the exact same width. Your setup is pretty much exactly the same mine would be with a +18. This response was supposed to be to my offset topic. Oops...

Edited by DMAXNAZ
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

This is a great thread. Thanks for taking the time to post this. Really cool to watch the evolution of your truck. Plus, you sharing some great Ideas. I now have Falken AT3W on my truck and love them. Also, think I will go will husky liners next BTW, your truck looks great!

• Like 1

This is a great thread. Thanks for taking the time to post this. Really cool to watch the evolution of your truck. Plus, you sharing some great Ideas. I now have Falken AT3W on my truck and love them. Also, think I will go will husky liners next BTW, your truck looks great!

Thank you, sir!! I'm glad you've enjoyed it!!

Wow, awesome transformation!! It's hard to look through this post and not feel insufficient with my 1500 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Great job!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Edited by Bomber55
  • Like 1

So with 285s on stock 17" wheels zero rub?

Thinking 275/75-17.

That's correct. Although they were close, I had them on the stock rims for about 5k miles (with the front end at stock height), and they never rubbed once. That being said, I don't do any serious off-roading. Someone else with the same setup (and an over-zealous driving style) may have been able to get them to rub. Also, I don't think anyone makes a 275/75/17.

truck looks good, those black wheels makes it stand out.

Thank you!! Silver is a very popular color, so I had to do something to set it apart from all the others, haha.

Truck looks amazing buddy, really enjoy the thread. thanks for the pics

Thank you!! I'm glad you enjoyed it!!

Wow, awesome transformation!! It's hard to look through this post and not feel insufficient with my 1500 [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]. Great job!!

Thank you!! The 1500's are very nice trucks, and get better gas mileage...but a 2500HD is the best setup for me.

• Like 1

That's correct. Although they were close, I had them on the stock rims for about 5k miles (with the front end at stock height), and they never rubbed once. That being said, I don't do any serious off-roading. Someone else with the same setup (and an over-zealous driving style) may have been able to get them to rub. Also, I don't think anyone makes a 275/75/17

Mahalo. There are some 275 out there but very hard to find. 285 will work.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...