Upgrading A/C controls

Swapping your truck for a new one is what it takes. IMO you are not missing much without the auto climate control system. I preferred the manual AC in my 15HD over the auto system that's in my 16 Colorado (same as Silverado but single zone).

Edited by 15HDriver

I imagine there are control modules behind the control head with additional wiring harnesses and perhaps a cabin temp sensor. It may be possible, but you'll be spending a lot of money and it may never work the right way..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can change the controls for looks like I did on my 2wt. I bought the controls for $40 and change from eBay. Personally I prefer the look of the digital ones even if I don't have dual climate control which isn't a big deal in reality.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Tapatalk

My A/C Controls are always set the same. I find it slightly annoying that 73° is the threshold between hot/cold. Seems like there is no in between warm temp.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Someone here did it but I have to ask why you want this mod. The end result is an AC that won't get below 48F in the cab when your manual system will take it down to 40F in the cab.

It's just out of curiosity if it was possible and if it was easy as in plug and play or what.

Is this possible at all? I got curious for a second.

I have the basic 2015 Silverado 1500 2WT with the single A/C control unit. I see that other setup have dual climate controls with digital read outs. What does it take to swap to that?

Just a signature on a purchase contract for an LTZ and a trade-in agreement. Nearly everything from the firewall, aft, is different between a WT and LTZ. Edited by spurshot
  • Like 1

• 2 years later...

So anybody find out if it possible to swap ? Just curious as im selling some 8in screen with digital AC buttons a lot of people are asking if it’s plug in play coming from a manual AC setup. If anybody can tell me what is need to add this to properly function that would b awesome ? 

27 minutes ago, Frankielozano214 said:

So anybody find out if it possible to swap ? Just curious as im selling some 8in screen with digital AC buttons a lot of people are asking if it’s plug in play coming from a manual AC setup. If anybody can tell me what is need to add this to properly function that would b awesome ? 

To properly function as stated, you will need a bunch of sensors among other parts.

If it doesnt bother them that the passenger side temp knob will always Display 73* then its a simple plug & play setup.

• Thanks 1