Bad Fuel injectors on 6.0 ?

Bunky

I have a 2001 2500HD wit the 6.0 engine 2wd, 133000 miles on the truck,I had to park the truck for about year and a half, I'm now wanting to get it out and drive it and it's throwing the random misfire code, (P300) I changed the spark plugs it still gives the code so I did some more checking and it appears to me the back two cylinders are not firing and I don't hear any "clicking" of those fuel injectors.   I also checked and I have power and ground to the injectors.     Is there a chance these just went bad or are possibly gummed up?  I put a can of seafoam in the tank as well.   But no luck. 

Is this problem happen very often?  

Where is a good place to get replacements?

How old are the plug wires?

No signs of wires chewed on?

Swap some plug wires around to see if the misses change.

Same with coil packs.

I would buy OEM injectors.

:happysad:

The plug wires are originals and I unplugged each coil at the coil to find the two cylinders that are missing,  I also used a test light and checked the ground and power to both injectors and that appeared to be good.  Like I said the injectors are not clicking like the other 6.  I can try swapping plug wires but pretty sure this isn't the problem. 

Have you run the full tank of fuel/seafoam thru yet.

One thing that I have found that works on sticking injectors is a little Marvel Mystery Oil in the fuel tank.  It seems to lube things up a bit.

DEWFPO

The last two injectors get gummed up I would pull rails clean them and clean injectors. Putting the two injectors in question in the front. And two that are clicking in the rear and go from there.

Sent from my Z981 using Tapatalk

This sounds very true and with the truck sitting they probably are stuck,  I will pull the rails and clean and swap the injectors around I'm pretty sure this will fix it. 

Do you change the "O" rings or reuse them?

Thanks 

I purchased a set of supposedly (as I have no way of verifying they are either new or Delphi, they could be refurbed but really clean or knockoffs) new Delphi injectors w same part number as what was on my truck, almost 3 years ago.  Put 'em in and they seem to be working fine.

I changed them because there was a bunch of crap in my fuel tank, that the "filter" in the fuel pump let pass through, and it clogged up the injectors.

Well after taking the fuel rail off aND soaking the rear injectors I still wasn't getting any click out of at least on of the injectors, so I popped it apart to find it was rusty and varnished to the point of being stuck.  So I'm just going to order a rebuilt set.

20171202_144339.jpg

Archived