Gorehamj

Check Out the New 2018 Yukon Denali Ultimate Black Edition

2018-GMC-Yukon-Denali-Ultimate-Black-003.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

11-30-2017

GMC revealed the  2018 Yukon Denali Ultimate Black Edition at the LA Auto show while handing out black ice cream cones. This new halo trim brings every available option on the Yukon Denali with the Open Road package plus a style all its own.

2018-GMC-Yukon-Denali-Ultimate-Black-008.jpg

The Ultimate Black Edition is available on either the two or four-wheel drive Yukon and comes only with Onyx Black exterior paint.

The unique trim adds:

-New black-painted 22-inch wheels with chrome inserts

-Polished exhaust tip

-Chrome mirror caps

-Premium carpeted floormats

2018-GMC-Yukon-Denali-Ultimate-Black-005.jpg

• Haha 1

These “ultimate” edition GMCs are a joke. Just some existing options and a set of wheels.

I just picked up a Sierra Denali ultimate and I can assure there is nothing ultimate about it over any other loaded Sierra Denali. The wheels are especially ugly too.

What about an actual black out package about for these Denali trucks for those of us that don’t like all the chrome.

Edited by Z2Z

On 11/30/2017 at 4:10 PM, Gorehamj said:

2018-GMC-Yukon-Denali-Ultimate-Black-003.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

11-30-2017

GMC revealed the  2018 Yukon Denali Ultimate Black Edition at the LA Auto show while handing out black ice cream cones. This new halo trim brings every available option on the Yukon Denali with the Open Road package plus a style all its own.

2018-GMC-Yukon-Denali-Ultimate-Black-008.jpg

The Ultimate Black Edition is available on either the two or four-wheel drive Yukon and comes only with Onyx Black exterior paint.

The unique trim adds:

-New black-painted 22-inch wheels with chrome inserts

-Polished exhaust tip

-Chrome mirror caps

-Premium carpeted floormats

2018-GMC-Yukon-Denali-Ultimate-Black-005.jpg

LMFAO....  Unlike Chevy, it would appear that our Grandfathers still working at GMC have no F-ing clue what BLACK-OUT means.   

Here's a clue Grampa, we HATE all the wood trim inside and we'd like a choice to ELIMINATE all the cheesy chrome you keep putting on these trucks & SUV's....  Its not rocket science.......

Edited by CCPcoatings

The name is "Ultimate-Black" not "Ultimate-Blackout"  Gees you guys must squeak when you walk...

I like it. 

I also feel that the completely Blacked out look is a bit over played and will soon be considered out dated.

• Like 3

When they are a year old, the black out versions just look old IMHO, more so than the regular version - wouldn't own one. 

Frankly, it matters little what anyone prefers in their choice of SUV/truck so long as they are happy with their choice. Well , maybe a safety yellow or Kermit the Frog green rig may be a bit much for most of us except those who crave attention?   

at Sienna.jpg

DSC_0819.JPG

16 hours ago, GMWOLF said:

Frankly, it matters little what anyone prefers in their choice of SUV/truck so long as they are happy with their choice. Well , maybe a safety yellow or Kermit the Frog green rig may be a bit much for most of us except those who crave attention?   

at Sienna.jpg

DSC_0819.JPG

Looks like you have the Ultimate White edition.

On 12/1/2017 at 12:40 PM, MonkeyMouth said:

"Ultimate Black", but still has chrome.

+1, sounds like the ultimate marketing spoof.

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By regreed21
      So brought my truck to dealer to get skid plates put on. Asked them to remove the front air dam and they said the 2018's are no longer able to be removed. Anyone have pics of theirs removed or know how to remove it?
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      5/18/2018

As it turns out, the leaked figures for the 2019 5.3L and 6.2L V8 engines wasn't far off. That's the good news. The bad news is the SAE certified horsepower and torque will match 2018's numbers exactly. 

But that doesn't mean the 2018 and 2019 engines are the same. Instead of the 2018's Active Fuel Management, which allows the engine to switch between four and eight cylinders, the 2019 V8's have Dynamic Fuel Management. DFM can adjust the firing cylinders in up to 17 different ways. Theoretically, that should mean improved fuel economy at the same power output. Chevrolet hasn't released any fuel economy numbers yet, so that is just a theory. 

But if you really like the 2018 5.3L V8 and want to buy it again with the 2019 Silverado, fear not. You can option it with a six-speed transmission for WT, LT, and LT Trail Boss trims. 

--------------------
      2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 5.3L WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
      Type:
      5.3L V-8 VVT DI with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Bore & Stroke (in / mm):
      3.78 x 3.62 / 96 x 92
      Block Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Cylinder Head Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Compression Ratio:
      11.0:1
      Firing Order:
      1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
      Valvetrain:
      Overhead valve, two valves per cylinder, variable valve timing
      Fuel Delivery:
      Direct high-pressure fuel injection with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Ignition System:
      High-energy coil-on-plug
      Horsepower
      (hp / kW @ rpm):
      355 / 265 @ 5600 rpm (SAE certified)
      Torque                          (lb.-ft. / Nm @ rpm):
      383 / 519 @ 4100 rpm (SAE certified)
      Manufacturing Location
      Tonawanda Engine Plant, Buffalo, N.Y.

2019 CHEVROLET SILVERADO 6.2L WITH DYNAMIC FUEL MANAGEMENT SPECIFICATIONS
      Type:
      6.2L V-8 VVT DI with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Bore & Stroke (in / mm):
      4.06 x 3.62 / 103.25 x 92
      Block Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Cylinder Head Material:
      Cast aluminum
      Compression Ratio:
      11.5:1
      Firing Order:
      1-8-7-2-6-5-4-3
      Valvetrain:
      Overhead valve, two valves per cylinder, variable valve timing
      Fuel Delivery:
      Direct high-pressure fuel injection with Dynamic Fuel Management
      Ignition System:
      High-energy coil-on-plug
      Horsepower
      (hp / kW @ rpm):
      420 / 313 @ 5600 rpm (SAE certified)
      Torque                          (lb.-ft. / Nm @ rpm):
      460 / 621 @ 4100 rpm (SAE certified)
      Manufacturing Location
      Tonawanda, N.Y.
    • By Brett804
      So i have a 2017 5.3 serria with a 6inch bds lift installed new from the dealership. Anyways last 10k then i rotated the tires and next morning over big bumps i have service stabilitrak which goes on and off fast, only over bumps. I dont see any tight wires on the abs lines. About 6inch of slack on top bottom was a but tight but i gave it more slack and still does it. Question is if i dont recalibrate my tpms sensors will that cause this? My 2015 never did this but it wasnt lifted as high. Right now truck thinks front are backs and so on. Dealship are bunch of you know whats right now so i dont wanna go there yet. Any help would be awesome!

• By arkhogs2011
      Been chasing this down for years honestly but never drove the truck much until now. Its a 91 tbi always ran rough finally the TPS sensor went out recently so I replaced it also the IAC and the map thought for sure it would clear it up. It didn't finally got an EGR code the valve was not working replaced it and tested the solenoid which is working and a few broken hoses. It had a tune up late last year cap, rotor and wires. pulled the plugs out yesterday which were way out of gap fixed that. Also checked for vacuum leaks with break clean. All my codes were gone but still with a rough idle though I would give it some drive time and about 30 minutes into it got a ESC code, code 43. I did also timing back to zero. Truck runs great down the road and pulls two RZRs and a 21 foot trailer great. It will idle around 900-1100 but drops way low when in gear and sitting still. Any ideas would be appreciated guys. Thanks
    • By Dalefan333
      So before people tell me this has already been discussed I realize that and read through all 5 pages about it already and the question was never really answered.... My specific situation and question is I have a 2015 GMC Denali 1500 that I put some LED bulbs in last summer and love how much better it looks then the halogen bulbs! Unfortunately a bulb in the passenger side must have been defective and burnt out after only 4 months so the company sent me a new bulb which I replaced in December...unfortunately I live in Fargo and it happened to be -15 that day and guessing it didn't seal properly and I ended up with moisture inside the lens; it finally warmed up enough this spring that I dried out the headlight and resealed it properly this time however I'm still getting moisture in the headlight so guessing I'm just gonna have to buy a new one which I'm not real happy about... Well my buddy has a 2016 GMC Denali 2500 HD and he said he would sell me both headlights since he put aftermarket ones in his for the price it would cost me to buy one. They look exactly the same but after reading other posts it seemed there was questions whether the wiring was compatible; that thread was a few years old so curious if there has been a fix or adapter that's now available that will make them work? I have both part numbers if that helps...my headlights are part #84144047 and his headlights are part #84012632. I'm pretty novice with all this so any help or advice would be greatly appreciated! Thanks