Hidden spare key

Bad idea? I’ve been thinking about hiding the spare key somewhere on the truck. A few months ago I waited for 2 hours and paid a locksmith $100 after my wife accidentally locked the keys inside the truck at a gas station out of state. I obviously won’t specify the exact location but I felt confident about it after I had my brother look for it for 30 minutes with no luck . What do you guys think?

22 minutes ago, Donstar said:

When my wife and I are travelling, we both have our own keys.  This arrangement has proved helpful in the past.

x2. Never comfortable with out the spare in my pocket or wallet on long trips where we switch off driving.

I keep a key wired to my frame but not sure how it would go with one of the newer keys.  I got a copy of mine at a hardware store.  Stick it somewhere protected where you can get at it whenever you need it.  Never a bad idea to have a dedicated key in case you get locked out.   

Onstar app on your phone.

And on someone else's in case you lock the phone and keys in the vehicle. 

Phone app can unlock it from across the country. 

Or add the GM accessory number pad to the door.  It'll look like a ford, but it'll work.  

640X640

$125 at your favorite chev dealer

I never did have a hidden key on my 2007 Suburban
but the myChevrolet app for my 2015 Suburban is hidden key ;)

IMG_5A827473A926-1.thumb.jpeg.6adfea03c7038ea465872e3d02ed10e1.jpeg

I use the app all the time as well, but it wouldn’t help much if you locked the phone in the truck along with keys! Lol!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Onstar app on your phone.

And on someone else's in case you lock the phone and keys in the vehicle. 

Phone app can unlock it from across the country. 

Or add the GM accessory number pad to the door.  It'll look like a ford, but it'll work.  
640X640

$125 at your favorite chev dealer

^this
And put it inside the gas cap area if you don’t wanna look like a ford [emoji23][emoji23].

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use one of those magnetic key holders. I found a place where it's well hidden and easy to access. It's still there after 4 years. I also have one on my old Buick but I forgot where I put it.

BTW, the doors will not lock if the keys are in the ignition.

Archived