Gorehamj

'Burban Wins Award From Who?

2018-Chevrolet Suburban-001.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2-16-2018

The Chevrolet Suburban has earned a Good Housekeeping Best New Cars of 2018 award. Yes, the big boy took home top honors in its segment.  The group called the Suburban a “Larger than life workhorse” and points out that the Chevy has a “huge amount of storage.”

Good Housekeeping employs two engineers and a product analyst and they, along with a little help from the staff at Car and Driver, made this year’s selections. The expert panelists offered this sage advice for those considering a Suburban: "Always make sure your mirrors are aligned to boost visibility." 

The Bolt EV also made the list. Chevrolet tied for first place with the most segment wins. 

10 hours ago, Gorehamj said:

2018-Chevrolet Suburban-001.jpg

John Goreham

Contributing Writer, GM-Trucks.com

2-16-2018

The Chevrolet Suburban has earned a Good Housekeeping Best New Cars of 2018 award. Yes, the big boy took home top honors in its segment.  The group called the Suburban a “Larger than life workhorse” and points out that the Chevy has a “huge amount of storage.”

Good Housekeeping employs two engineers and a product analyst and they, along with a little help from the staff at Car and Driver, made this year’s selections. The expert panelists offered this sage advice for those considering a Suburban: "Always make sure your mirrors are aligned to boost visibility." 

The Bolt EV also made the list. Chevrolet tied for first place with the most segment wins. 

It's definitely a nice car.

If I wouldn't need a truck for practical reasons (and that I like trucks), the Suburban would be on top of my list.

so long

j-ten-ner

Suburbans are nice if you can get past the sticker shock!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 2

Funny, and you made the point well.  If this was an award for the amount of covered hauling, the Suburban would be a lock.  Since this is a Good House Keeping award I'll give them a free pass.  When I look at storage I look at trunk space.  The Surburban has less storage space than a Yugo.  You can store in a center divider in the front and another space in the back about double the front.  You definitely don't get one of these trucks for storage, but knowing what my Tahoe can do a another manufacturer would be hard press to beat it with covered hauling. 

In a dark color, it still looks like a hearse.  :cool:

Edited by F4Gary

17 hours ago, F4Gary said:

I a dark color, it still looks like a hearse.  :cool:

They remind me of law enforcement more than a hearse! LOL!

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

• Similar Content

• By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      8/14/18

Chevrolet is slamming the robust 6.2L and 10-speed transmission combination into another Tahoe and Suburban trim. Now, in addition to the RST trim, full-size Chevy SUV buyers can opt for the "Premier Plus" special edition of either model.

The Premier Plus Tahoe and Suburban have a unique Black and Mahogany Interior, 22 inch polished wheels, magnetic ride control, a heads up display, 8-inch digital gauge cluster, and power chrome steps. Oh... and with 420-horsepower. 

These special editions should be temping for anyone looking at grabbing up the current generation Suburban and Tahoe. Unfortunately, these features won't come cheap. The 2019 Chevy Tahoe Premier Plus will start at $74,100 while the Suburban starts at $76,900. Both require a $1,250 destination fee. 
    • By Jacob_H5
      I have a 2000 Chevy Suburban LT. This is under the steering wheel on the right side by the footwell. I was told it could have been used for a phone? 

• By CMoore711
      I purchased the wheels brand new from a Giovanna Wheel shop and have since chosen to go with a different set of wheels.  Unfortunately the wheel shop I purchased from does not accept returns, so I am listing the wheels for sale.   Wheels are brand new and unmounted, I only unboxed (1) wheel for picture purposes only, then it was repackaged with all the original manufacturer's packaging.   Wheel Details: Giovanna Dramuno 6 Machine Black Finish Size: 24" x 10" Offset: +30 mm Bolt Pattern:  6 x 139.7 Center Bore: 78.1 mm   Fitment: 2007+ Yukon/Yukon XL, Escalade, Tahoe, Suburban, Sierra 1500, Silverado, Avalanche,   Wheels will ship double boxed and with all original manufacturer's packaging just as received from Giovanna.   Asking Price is $1,750 OBO shipped to the continental U.S. Prefer Payment via PayPal I'm located in Dayton, OH and would be willing to meet up within a reasonable distance.   Plastic Protective Cover still on Center Caps:   One of the deepest concave style wheels available; About 3" Deep Concave from rim lip down to center cap:   Repackaged with Original Manufacturer's Plastic Lip Protector:   Some "Stock" Images:
    • By Zane

Zane Merva
      Executive Editor, GM-Trucks.com
      6/5/2018

The Tahoe and Suburban are getting some small upgrades for the 2019 model year. An all new full-size SUV platform is just around the bend and rumored for 2020/2021 so Chevrolet is pushing the all new RST trim that includes a 6.2L V8 and GM's all new 10-speed automatic transmission. 

Check out our other "What's New For 2019" Articles

Here's what's new for the 2019 Chevrolet Tahoe and Suburban.

2018 Options That Have Been Retired
           Exterior color (G2X) Havana Metallic (deleted mid-2018 model year)      Exterior color (GXG) Tungsten Metallic  
      New Features, Colors & Options for 2019
           Exterior color (GJI) Shadow Gray Metallic     (WPK) RST 6.2L Performance Edition, includes (L86) 6.2L EcoTec3 V8 engine, (MF6) 10-speed automatic transmission, (K47) high-capacity air cleaner, (KW7) 170 amp alternator, (GU5) 3.23 rear axle ratio, (NQH) 2-speed active transfer case (4WD only), (JL1) trailer brake controller and Sport calibration (available on 1LZ Premier) (Suburban)  
      Small Changes In Trim & Packaging for 2019
           Exterior "Premier" badge design change on liftgate      (SCN) RST Edition is now available with (GAN) Silver Ice Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Black and new (GJI) Shadow Gray Metallic (replaces [GXG] Tungsten Metallic)      (VLG) Rear fascia closeout, LPO is now available with (GAN) Silver Ice Metallic, (GAZ) Summit White, (GBA) Black, (G1W) Iridescent Pearl Tricoat and new (GJI) Shadow Gray Metallic Click on the blue links to change image
    • By scsparts
      Anyone have any experience with lowering their 2013 4X4 Avalanche