Hi, I'm installing two side view cameras on my 2017 3500 duramax. I require a trigger from my left and right indicator circuits and was wondering where to tap in to the existing circuitry. The BCM (body control module) has two inputs (pin 12 X3, pin 24 X3) that appear to be relevant. Can I simply tap into each of these or is there a better place? Am I correct in understanding that the turn signals from the S78 switch pull the BCM inputs low (e.g., they apply ground to the BCM) in which case the trigger will be low as opposed to high? Is it 12v when the turn signal is not active? Thanks in advance. 

Do you have tow mirrors with the turn signal in them? If not, maybe you can run can just run from the mirror to the door jamb?

6a3556f474509ad8f87bc2226dbe7b2e.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have the Rostra version with the two mirror cameras, front grill camera and wireless trailer camera (you choose which rear view camera in a menu).

Sine the Rostra and the Intellihaul systems are integrated with the in dash Nav radio they utilize the factory plugs with a new male and female connection.

They don’t read a voltage on the turn signal circuit, they monitor the vehicle computer communication and switch the cameras based on that. I know there are different software versions needed for Chevy Vs GMC as I was sent a Chevy version by mistake which didn’t work correctly until the GMC version was installed.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Hi kf9yr how do you like the Rostra system I’m thinking of getting one . I wanted to use the Intelihaul mirror cameras so I didn’t have to drill but can’t find where to buy them separate. I also want the wireless trailer camera and front . Did you install your self ?was it hard?

I really like the system. I did a write-up on the Silverado-Sierra forum about doing the install myself.

Short version; it wasn’t that hard following the directions combined with the YouTube video.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

On 3/23/2018 at 9:24 PM, Chfc2 said:

Hi kf9yr how do you like the Rostra system I’m thinking of getting one . I wanted to use the Intelihaul mirror cameras so I didn’t have to drill but can’t find where to buy them separate. I also want the wireless trailer camera and front . Did you install your self ?was it hard?

I installed the Intellihaul mirror cameras and also a wired front camera.  Took a bit of time, but nothing crazy.  Bought the system off the GM parts site.  You need to remove both mirrors and door cards and also disconnect the rubber wire conduit from the door to the body.  I installed my front cam in the license plate filler plate (no front plates in PA).  That required some modification (cutting it and gluing in from the rear).