Cubby Hole Above Light Switch

The brake controller is worth $275 to GM.

A blank panel is worth $0.

A hole with a little rubber mat allows them to advertise ‘tremendous storage compared to competitors.’  That’s worth at least $50.  

I had a 2wd.  Never placed a thing there.  But I’ve had my brake controller since November. Never used it yet either.  

• Like 1

It is a nice use of space if you were like me and didn't place enough priority in finding a truck with a factory brake controller!  Kudos to GM for not rubbing the knowledge of missing options in our faces.  In the olden days, vehicles lacking options had obvious blanks or cover plugs/plates where knobs or features would go if you weren't so cheap!  ;-)

It's also large enough for business/credit cards. I keep my garage RFID sensor and my gas rewards card there. I never knew it could fit a dip tin though, might have to change it up and put some cope in there.

On 3/31/2018 at 8:58 PM, BluEyeItln said:

Anyone know what this cubby hole is for?  or, have a good idea to use it?  

20180331_072407.jpg

If installed, OEM factory trailer brake controller goes there

image.png.da5b3727612fdc84b5316f2a778dcf9d.png

Edited by bkesting

It's also large enough for business/credit cards. I keep my garage RFID sensor and my gas rewards card there. I never knew it could fit a dip tin though, might have to change it up and put some cope in there.

439ed7899c1a3778cb4b48634d091cec.jpg
Perfect fit

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 3

Replaced my cubby hole cover plate with the trailer brake cover plate. Then cut out opening for my light switches. Trailer brake cover plate is flatter and accepts switches better with a "factory" like look.

Cubby1.JPG

• Like 12