DC vs CC. What made your decision?

Last year I bought a 2017 LT Z71 1500 4x4 DC. My decision to go DC vs CC was mainly because I wanted a standard bed. CC choices were limited to nil with a std bed. I also don't need a CC as I'm alone in the truck 99.9% of the time. On occasion, I'll have one passenger. On the rare occasion I have additional passengers the DC back seat has been adequate. 

I do like the fact that the DC has four doors as I'll often throw groceries and stuff back there. I keep my rear seats are folded up 99% of the time as I have with all my previous DC/extended cab trucks that I've owned. This one however is the roomiest DC I've ever owned. 

American built also played into my decision. What made you pick one over the other? And are you happy with your choice?

I need the 6-1/2 foot bed in a half ton truck.  CC's with 6-1/2 foot bed weren't common when I bought. If I remember correctly, going to CC 5-1/2 bed in my trim level(LTZ Z71) was around $5k extra and going to CC 6-1/2 foot bed was around $7k extra though none were readily available. Besides, I only use the rear seats for grandchildren so it's really no issue. Other than that I would have bought a RCSB in a lower trim level. Also there is something about the CC rear door that just doesn't look right to me.

Edited by Cheverado

CC for my older kids on longer trips, baseball gear etc.  I have the 5-1/2 foot bed. 

Then again, I do not haul in the bed as much as I haul family/friends around.

DC seemed cramped, even for my kids.

I have a Trailer on hand for larger/longer hauling.

1 hour ago, Jaychevy81 said:

2 car seats to fit the kids lol other then that I would have kept the DC.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exactly! I loved my DC and will probably go back to another one once they start driving themselves.

I went with the DC as I wanted to stay with the standard bed size and my kids are young, so wasn't really all that concerned with the space in the backseat. But now that I feel them constantly kicking the back of my seat coupled with how infrequent the bed is actually filled up, makes me second guess that decision a bit...     

I ended up ordering my CC standard bed for the reasons many here said, availability/options.  the other requirement I had was the max trailer package WITH the CC std bed configuration...

I used to have a NBS 3/4 ton Yukon.  I have 2 car seats in the back, but when I would trailer my race car to the track I would have to take the car seats out, fold the seats down and load all my tools, spares, fuel, suitcase, cooler etc in the back.  With the max tow package, K2 platform will tow more than my old 3/4 ton, get almost twice the fuel mileage (doubles as my DD), more comfortable ride, and I can fit all my stuff in the bed without removing the car seats in the back.

I did lose out on some incentives since they seem to be geared more towards double cabs, but I got exactly what I wanted and couldn't be happier.

• Like 1

? the bed? You can get a CC w/ a std. length bed, I had a '14 in that configuration - well optioned too, All Terrain SLT w/ 20"s, 4x4, 5.3 until I totaled it!

I replaced w/ a '15 AT/4x4 in same color combo w/ short bed only b/c I NEEDED a truck & the dealer I originally bought from gave me a good deal & this short bed one had a 6.2, once the ins. company declares your vehicle a total loss they stop paying for rental coverage like the next day lol

I think the DC just looks weird - if they kept the suicide doors w/ internal handle aesthetically I think it just works alot better than the "mini door" w/ an extra exterior handle.

The price difference never seemed to great, CC + std. bed is the best looking of all IMO, nice lines & balance especially when leveled.

Whenever I get the itch again to upgrade (& I hope that's in quite a while) I won't be in a rush to get something so I will most likely order from the factory & would take my time making sure the price is where it should be relative to the market - but I'd definitely go w/ another CC again - ideally CC + long bed + max tow + bench seat + 4x4 + 6.2 - if thats even possible at the time.

Edited by crushNchowda

the only reason i got my crew cab truck was becuz my wife and i now have 2 kids.

before child #2 we took her car for 'family' stuff and i managed just fine with my standard cab truck (put a car seat in the passenger's seat and myself and child #1 were off on adventures).  my kids (now ages 5 and almost 3) still love going out in my old truck becuz the only option is to sit in the 'front seat' with dad

I went DC because I need the standard bed length for the kayaks and didn't want the overall length of the CC standard bed.  I work in an urban area and parking can be tight as it is.  The extra foot would just make it worse.  The kids(14&16) will just have to live with it.  Maybe it will give them a bit more incentive to get jobs and there own cars!!