Largest tire with stock 20 inch wheels

I'm trying to figure out what the max tire size is I can put on stock 20s in the 33" range.  I'm looking at KO2s right now which I know BFGs run a little small.  What is the max I can run if I level with a 2.0" level or if I run stock suspension?  I have a 2018 Sierra Crew Cab NHT with stock 20" wheels.

I tried doing some searching and I think I can fit a 33 no problem but then I see other posts that just confuse me on the matter.

• Like 1

I just put 33’s on my 15 Sierra 1500 crew cab.     

I had to trim my mud flaps a little on the front wheels.  It was rubbing a bit in a hard turn. 

My truck is leveled with bilstiens set at plus 1.85 in the front. 

54AC4A14-EA3A-47AE-AA95-AF6523EAD6F6.jpeg

Edited by Baldhills

19 minutes ago, Baldhills said:

I just put 33’s on my 15 Sierra 1500 crew cab.     

I had to trim my mud flaps a little on the front wheels.  It was rubbing a bit in a hard turn. 

My truck is leveled with bilstiens set at plus 1.85 in the front. 

I'm specifically asking for newer trucks.  Control arms are a bit different from a 15.

Have you seen this website? You input the data on vehicle and tire/wheel size that you want to see and it shows you real pictures of trucks that have that size and info on what was done to make them fit. 

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?order=year&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&year=2018&suspension=Leveling Kit&wheel_diameter_from=20&tire_height_from=33 

4 minutes ago, Scooter Scott said:

I haven't...but that looks like a pretty cool site

It's a decent site, but it doesn't have stock wheels as an item to search. I'm awaiting someone to prove me wrong.

I have some answers for you as I've been researching this site for about 6 months. I'll get some time later today and write up a detailed post answering the majority of questions and including links, sizes, kits, etc. 

4 minutes ago, Scooter Scott said:

I haven't...but that looks like a pretty cool site

Yeah I stumbled on it looking for options on mine. 

1 minute ago, JamesAT18 said:

It's a decent site, but it doesn't have stock wheels as an item to search. I'm awaiting someone to prove me wrong.

I have some answers for you as I've been researching this site for about 6 months. I'll get some time later today and write up a detailed post answering the majority of questions and including links, sizes, kits, etc. 

True you have to look through it more to find some stock wheels, but there are some on there. 

1 hour ago, truckmann said:

Have you seen this website? You input the data on vehicle and tire/wheel size that you want to see and it shows you real pictures of trucks that have that size and info on what was done to make them fit. 

https://www.customwheeloffset.com/wheel-offset-gallery?order=year&make=GMC&model=Sierra 1500&year=2018&suspension=Leveling Kit&wheel_diameter_from=20&tire_height_from=33 

Great site ,  thanks for posting 

18 minutes ago, JamesAT18 said:

There are two things you need to acknowledge when choosing to level. 
1. Determine the size of tire you want

Leveling limits the size of tire you can have. The maximum recommendation is 33's but it may come at cost. There have been numerous reports of rubbing when fitting 33's on a leveled truck. There are ways around the rubbing but trimming of the wheel well is normally the action used. With 20 inch factory wheels, I would personally recommend nothing over 33x11.5 R20 or 285/55 R20. But again, that is the limit
2. Determine the ride comfort you want 
        Leveling kits commonly come in two forms. Spacers or Struts. Spacers are much easier to install and are most popular with road warriors. This is because of the lower cost, easier to locate, and also the comfort of the ride has less of an impact. This is normally the route dealerships take when installing "lifts" to their vehicles on the lots. Struts provide similar aesthetics but have several different aspects. The front struts are more difficult for install due to needing the spring being compressed which requires special tools. In addition, struts change the ride of your truck. It becomes more "stiff" which has it's pros and cons. Pros would be better turning with less body roll, less rebound when driving over bumps, longer life than stock struts. Cons would be a rougher ride as there is less compression to take the bump's impact. Many state when switching to struts they can feel every small pot hole or rock on the road. Both of these options will wear down your truck. However, the struts will have a less of a strain than the spacers. 

Highly recommended Leveling Kits:
Spacer: 2.25" ReadyLift Leveling Kit with Upper Control Arms  - Personal Recommendation for Spacers
Spacer: 2.5" Rough Country Leveling Kit

Strut: Bilstein 5100 - Personal Favorite and Bang4Buck
StrutBilstein 6112 - If I had the money...

Strut: Rancho Adjustable Height

Highly recommended Tires:
BFGoodrich All-Terrain T/A KO2 - Most Popular

Toyo Open Country AT II
Nitto Terra Grappler G2
Cooper AT3 XLT - Recently redesigned AT3s

Cooper ATP - Discount Tire Exclusive 

And to back up Silverado, all these changes will affect your vehicle. Normally for the better, but you have to acknowledge the risks behind it also. 

11 hours ago, 28fiend said:

I’m running 34.5 (285/65r20) on a 2 inch level with stock rims and minimal rubbing. 

761389A4-1E6A-4232-AB92-66971C0A4A2C.jpeg

I almost want to say the secret to this is that they are BFGs.  Those run smaller than most brands.

How's the ride with the Load Range E tires?

1 hour ago, Scooter Scott said:

I almost want to say the secret to this is that they are BFGs.  Those run smaller than most brands.

How's the ride with the Load Range E tires?

Personally I think the ride got better. Between the level and the tires, most of the bounce is gone and it feels more damp in how it rides.

3 minutes ago, 28fiend said:

Personally I think the ride got better. Between the level and the tires, most of the bounce is gone and it feels more damp in how it rides.

Thanks that's good to know.  I noticed there is a lot more bounce with this truck than my 16 Silverado LT