Largest tire with stock 20 inch wheels

16 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

And you have no rub at all on a full turn lock?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

None at all!  We are going to be putting some BORA spacers on it soon to get a aggressive stance.  These wheels have pockets, so we can run the 1” spacers without issues

Edited by pewterliftedz

None at all!  We are going to be putting some BORA spacers on it soon to get a aggressive stance

That’s literally impossible, you’d have the “ONLY” truck on this forum with the exact setup that doesn’t rub. I put same level on mine with same size tires and got rubbing at full lock, neighbor same, everyone on here the same. You must have a magical truck

7 minutes ago, TXGREEK said:

That’s literally impossible, you’d have the “ONLY” truck on this forum with the exact setup that doesn’t rub. I put same level on mine with same size tires and got rubbing at full lock, neighbor same, everyone on here the same. You must have a magical truck

Haha don’t know about magical, these tires are pretty narrow.  Also they have about 10k miles on them, maybe that has something to do with it.  They came off of his 3/4 ton Denali when he traded it in

Edited by pewterliftedz

Haha don’t know about magical, these tires are pretty narrow.  Also they have about 10k miles on them, maybe that has something to do with it.  They came off of his 3/4 ton Denali when he traded it in

Your father, being it’s your fathers truck and drives it daily does get a rub on full lock, just doesn’t advertise it. Another guy on here denied it for the longest time until he realized his misinformation was costing desperate people a lot extra that wanted bigger tires and then realized they shouldn’t have listened. Unfortunately, very few people on here admit they messed up. Being that it’s an 18, spacers will void your warranty on anything attributed by their installation, dealers HATE Spacers! They cause added stress to your suspension, especially your bearings. Good luck and God Bless

9 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

Your father, being it’s your fathers truck and drives it daily does get a rub on full lock, just doesn’t advertise it. Another guy on here denied it for the longest time until he realized his misinformation was costing desperate people a lot extra that wanted bigger tires and then realized they shouldn’t have listened. Unfortunately, very few people on here admit they messed up. Being that it’s an 18, spacers will void your warranty on anything attributed by their installation, dealers HATE Spacers! They cause added stress to your suspension, especially your bearings. Good luck and God Bless

Haha I’ve driven my dads 16’ truck plenty man, and can tell you for a fact that I don’t get any rub at all when I drive it.  On my personal 17’ truck I ran the factory wheels with a 305/55, and it rubbed on the control arms like crazy.  The 275/65 is a skinny tire, idk how y’all are getting rub with it.

Also I’m not worried about running BORA adaptors, they’re high quality, and the worst they can do is screw up a hub bearing.  But so can wider low off set wheels.  It’s part of the game man. 

Edited by pewterliftedz

Haha I’ve driven my dads 16’ truck plenty man, and can tell you for a fact that I don’t get any rub at all when I drive it.  On my personal 17’ truck I ran the factory wheels with a 305/55, and it rubbed on the control arms like crazy.  The 275/65 is a skinny tire, idk how y’all are getting rub with it.
Also I’m not worried about running BORA adaptors, they’re high quality, and he worst they can do is screw up a hub bearing.  But so can wider low off set wheels.  It’s part of the game man. 

I’ve seen much worse then hub bearings go out, dealers will even attempt to deny premature brake issues, shocks, etc. dealerships will deny practically anything associated with something attached to the truck like a spacer but Bora is the best of the bunch. Ok, Be safe

14 hours ago, TXGREEK said:

My personal experience, NO! Once you level, you bring the UCA’s closer to the tires. Either spacers will be needed which I’m not a big fan or my recommendation is to sell your 20” wheels and buy 20x9 +1 offset. Or you could just drive around with just the level?

But what if I replace my stamped UCA's with Rough Country UCA's? 

• 1 year later...
This is my 2018 GMC Sierra 1500...I put a leveling kit (3” front and 2”rear) on it. I just tried putting 305/55/20 MT tires and there are issues with rubbing on the strut; although the rear would have no issues! What is the largest MT (mud terrain) tire I can run so I can have that mean look to my truck?
846402F0-E38B-4CEB-908A-C571818463B6.thumb.jpeg.aa79be9f3667f93b701e66c49dbb24ea.jpeg

That’s pretty high for a level, you’re most likely going to need new upper control arms. There are also better options if you’re to just give it a lifted look like a 5” bracket lift from Rough Country ($1K plus install) which won’t widen your track width or your turning radius and won’t require anything else except new rear shocks. Any level 2.5” or higher WILL cause premature front end wear and tear. Look at the angles on your UCA’s and CV joints, they’re not level with the ground.

Your limited to tire size due to your uca’s being stamped steel, width of the tire is to wide. 285/60/20’s will be a better solution with possible rubbing on the felt liner which we all just strapped it back or use heat gun. I did the 2.25” on my 18 with stock 20’s only to have rubbing with anything bigger than a 285.

Don’t forget to look at your angles, bad angles will cause expensive repairs.

Sent from Above

So a question regarding uca geometry. Since say a 2” level is installed on the ones with the stamped steel. Is this decreasing the front wheel track width compared to stock since it’s bringing the uca closer to the wheel? I’d like to know because I have 4 - 1/4” wheel spacers. But if the rear end is already at set track width Obviously, I’d just put them on the front to even things up a little. 

Edited by Rossy11