What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

Installed Auto Stop Eliminator that the wife got me as a Valentine's Day gift.  Also, figured since I would be taking the dash apart anyway, it would be a good time to swap out the 12v accessory/lighter port for something more functional... Double quick charge w/ voltmeter.

20200217_161711.thumb.jpg.e11a99086f290a713ea10c853632a19e.jpg

20200217_161738.thumb.jpg.299844281a59997998a3ed8df5b05b52.jpg

Edited by Swiftks
  • Like 5

Installed Auto Stop Eliminator that the wife got me as a Valentine's Day gift.  Also, figured since I would be taking the dash apart anyway, it would be a good time to swap out the 12v accessory/lighter port for something more functional... Double quick charge w/ voltmeter.

Did you find instructions to take the dash apart or did you do it by feel?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

2 hours ago, Swiftks said:

Great idea, I put one (cig socket) inside the center console anyway.   Makes sense there would room for the usb module..thanks   

edit: hang on, isn’t the socket powered all the time ? If so that thing will suck down some juice over time..or did you snag a switched power source for the usb

Edited by romclean1

2 hours ago, Daniel Cline said:

Did you find instructions to take the dash apart or did you do it by feel?

I followed the instructions for the Auto Start Eliminator install... Pretty straight forward.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, romclean1 said:

Great idea, I put one (cig socket) inside the center console anyway.   Makes sense there would room for the usb module..thanks   

edit: hang on, isn’t the socket powered all the time ? If so that thing will suck down some juice over time..or did you snag a switched power source for the usb

Naw, it's a LED, any power drain would be minimal.  No one complaining of any power drains on the reviews, and most people mention that it stays on 24/7, so everyone is aware of it.  Time will tell, but I don't foresee a LED that small causing any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F84VVB4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_dR1sEbCHQ5PS2

FYI, you do have to widen the hole ever so slightly to get it to fit.  I used a drimmel with a fine grit sand paper attachment, no problem.

39 minutes ago, jflan23 said:

They’re bolted right to the bumper actually. They’re made by Whelen, I build police cars on the side and I prefer their lighting.

I did the same thing a couple years back. We made police cars all the way to custom police 4 wheelers loaded with lights and stuff. I found it crazy when I did teardowns of old cop cars I would find light bar wiring wrapped around airbags in the pillar just to use access wire. Shit was wild.  

Naw, it's a LED, any power drain would be minimal.  No one complaining of any power drains on the reviews, and most people mention that it stays on 24/7, so everyone is aware of it.  Time will tell, but I don't foresee a LED that small causing any issues.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07F84VVB4/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_i_dR1sEbCHQ5PS2

FYI, you do have to widen the hole ever so slightly to get it to fit.  I used a drimmel with a fine grit sand paper attachment, no problem.

I wonder how hard it would be to install in between the a/c vents on the back of the jump seat

They’re bolted right to the bumper actually. They’re made by Whelen, I build police cars on the side and I prefer their lighting.
There are no distributors near me. Do you have a catalog #? Can you take a couple more pics? Did you use a mounting bracket or literally mount through the plastic right into the bumper? Sorry for the newbie questions

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

15 minutes ago, jeepincbum11 said:

There are no distributors near me. Do you have a catalog #? Can you take a couple more pics? Did you use a mounting bracket or literally mount through the plastic right into the bumper? Sorry for the newbie questions

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Any public safety supply store will have them.  Just Google it.  Our entire fire dept. fleet is Whelen.  Whelen is good lighting but we are transitioning over and started outfitting our new units with Feniex.  Our City Police and motorcycles are going to Feniex as well.

https://www.feniex.com/

3 hours ago, jflan23 said:

Look's good - Why not a 20" led light bar mounted to the bumper ???

• Like 1