What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

I thought about painting my tow hooks. I really dig the red on black like the trail boss’ have. Did you remove them or just paint them while they were on?

On another note. I’m looking to add just a little more noise to my exhaust. I have a 2019 rst z71 crew with the dual exhausts. I believe the muffler goes one in and one out but I have to look again. I really really don’t want to hear drone too much. I’m also afraid of the chopper noise everyone talks about with the flapper. Should I keep the flapper on to avoid this? Or, will it not make much difference if I chop it out and replace muffler section? This is my first Chevy and v8 so I’m new to this world. Coming from an 18 f150 with the 2.7 (lemon) im super happy with my choice. I will never ever go with ford again. But that’s another story. Thanks

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

I thought about painting my tow hooks. I really dig the red on black like the trail boss’ have. Did you remove them or just paint them while they were on?

I took them off- only 2 (18mm?) bolts each.  

IMG_5109.JPG

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Thejet07 said:

Ahhh man. That’s exactly what I wanna do. Spray paint?

Yes- just cleaned really good and 4 light coats of rustoleum "apple red"  If it doesn't hold up I'll just get them powdercoated for a few dollars more.

4 minutes ago, Limelight said:

Yes- just cleaned really good and 4 light coats of rustoleum "apple red"  If it doesn't hold up I'll just get them powdercoated for a few dollars more.

I don’t know how much powder coating costs but you can just buy the OEM red ones on eBay for $50 and then get most of your money back selling the black ones to someone who hates their red or chrome hooks. I have a line out the door for my black ones. Unfortunately I have to somehow reach in there and cut the bolt on the drivers side because a shroud blocks it from coming out far enough, so I’m kinda dragging my feet...

• Thanks 1

I gave mine a bath for the first time.  This thing is huge compared to me 2002.  Got out my step stool and went to town.  The grill sure is fun to clean and then dry off.  Might just break out the leaf blower next time to help get most of the water off. 

Speaking of tow hooks.  If anyone wants to swap their black ones for my chrome, let me know.

Edited by Black02Silverado

17 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

I gave mine a bath for the first time.  This thing is huge compared to me 2002.  Got out my step stool and went to town.  The grill sure is fun to clean and then dry off.  Might just break out the leaf blower next time to help get most of the water off. 

Speaking of tow hooks.  If anyone wants to swap their black ones for my chrome, let me know.

Hahaha. So did I.  Had to get that step stool out to wash the hood and windshield lol. 

Ceramic coat that grille [emoji16] did my Camaro and it makes it easier to clean

Ryan B.
  • Like 1

25 minutes ago, Black02Silverado said:

https://www.autoanything.com/car-care/77A3935A3070949.aspx?

They are awesome for grills, wheels, etc. Think they also make a smaller, cheaper handheld one.

8 hours ago, OnTheReel said:

https://www.autoanything.com/car-care/77A3935A3070949.aspx?

They are awesome for grills, wheels, etc. Think they also make a smaller, cheaper handheld one.

That thing cost more than my leaf blower.  LOL

• Like 1
  • Haha 1