What Have You Done With Your T1 Today ?????

The NDAA was passed with a veto proof majority and the CR passed with no issues... Fake News!
My checking account disagrees with your assessment. Yes, the NDAA passed Congress with a veto-proof vote, but that happened Friday. That doesn't mean Trump has, or has to, sign it, nor that he won't veto it. Until it's signed, or sent back to Congress to override Trump's veto, it still isn't law yet. My checking account is with the largest credit union in the world. I doubt they're going to play games like this. Please look into the details of what you're saying before declaring it "Fake News". Furthermore, my comments weren't anti-Trump, but a statement of what's currently happening. I could go off on a tirade about politics, but this thread isn't the place for that. My post was about mods and why I can't currently do them to my truck.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Finally got my S&B CAI last week! Installed today.

Install took less then an hour and approximately 2 beers while watching the instructional video of the hot tattooed chick from S&B. Lol

Kept the battery unhooked for a few hours based on a bunch of posts here.

Short test drive with the wife... noticeable sound difference and maybe a slight throttle response. Will see how it feels over the next few days. 

Also wash and wax to get ready for the salt. Sounds like winter is about to start here on the east coast this week. 

2657DF0D-DD3C-4668-94DE-79979CBB5A5E.jpeg

On 12/12/2020 at 10:43 AM, lapoolboy said:

Gimme a break

I don't get it...this guy is our military....serving our country...and you guys are giving him ****** about not wanting to spend HIS money that he doesn't have on something for his truck because he didn't get paid yet???

Tell me im wrong.   

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Some wheel locks maybe, but they aren't getting mine off before they feel hot lead in their ass.

In Ohio it’s illegal to defend property with lethal force so they can steal the rims off my truck. Besides the emotional stress and turmoil isn’t worth it over properly IMO. I’ll let my insurance co take care of it and avoid the lawyer and shrink bills that would come with shooting someone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 2

Just now, Imcrazy said:

In Ohio it’s illegal to defend property with lethal force so they can steal the rims off my truck. Besides the emotional stress and turmoil isn’t worth it over properly IMO. I’ll let my insurance co take care of it and avoid the lawyer and shrink bills that would come with shooting someone.

Glad I don't live in Ohio.  

• Thanks 1

Made my own seat raisers for the passenger seat for my 2020 RST. Used 1.25 thick alum blocks. Spray painted black. 
Bought m10 * 65mm long . Grade 12.9 socket cap bolts at local nut and bolts store. Work in machine shop so materials were free. Seat was so low. Not that I sit there much. Saved a bunch of money. Like switching to Geico.  PS sorry about all the dog hair. 
IMG_5220.thumb.JPG.3cb6d63635d6307918029f31d4d2cd32.JPG
IMG_5221.thumb.JPG.ef36abae209de6c5d4bd090a94ff33c4.JPG
IMG_5222.thumb.JPG.2db67c8d0f26a11b3c2189d9cddd1911.JPG

Damn dude, dunno if I woulda used aluminum for that, seems kinda wimpy if you’d get in a wreck also not sure those bolts are up to spec? Mods like this are why I always try to buy a new car.

Good thing they don't use aluminum in aircraft...
The aluminum will be ok, but the mod is certainly not certified and if he was in a wreck and go injured his insurance would be null. At least in Canada it would. Selling a vehicle for parts that was in even a small fender bender seats and seat belts as well as air bags are to be removed and destroyed before the vehicle can be parted.

Sent from my SM-N975W using Tapatalk

• Like 1

Come to think of it I did use 7075 Alum. So I did use aircraft grade Alum. HA HA. I'm with you Chris . Good enough for planes. I was out of titanium .  So I guess all the raiser they sell on e-bay made from some polysomthing to stamped steel  with grade 8 bolts are junk also. Agree about the leverage thing.     

A lever amplifies an input force to provide a greater output force, which is said to provide leverage. The ratio of the output force to the input force is the mechanical advantage of the lever.

At least I wasn't told how I should spend my money or save it. 

Grade/Class Strength
Metric Class 10.9 Similar to Grade 8.
Metric Class 12.9 The highest metric class for strength, it exceeds Grade 8.
Edited by xsquid
  • Like 1

Me thinks the blocks or the bolts won't matter either. Once the pretensioners in the seatbelts (which are mounted securely in other locations ) activate in a wreck neither the seat nor it's occupant will move very far. Arms, legs , and head will move but the torso will remain in place. The occupant will find unbuckling the seatbelt difficult because of the 3-4 inch instantaneous and irreversible shortening of the seatbelt by the pretensioners in a collision.

Look at the outboard mounting point of your seatbelt. That piece of cable wont be visible at any occupied seat after a collision.