NEED HELP! EXHAUST

So I just got my truck GMC Sierra SLT Premium plus package with a 5.3l has been 3 months and put 8k miles on it, as you can tell I daily drive this thing. I love it, best choice i ever made after previously owning a dodge charger RT. So I've been looking up exhaust videos and I'm not sure which direction to go. If you guy have ever heard of the 2013 Yukon Denali's those stock sound deep and perfect. Thats what I'm trying to aim for, don't want any drone because its a daily truck go for a lot of long drives. What would you guys suggest? I'm leaning towards a resonator delete or just muffler delete. 

Edited by Zee Ali

So I just got my truck GMC Sierra SLT Premium plus package with a 5.3l has been 3 months and put 8k miles on it, as you can tell I daily drive this thing. I love it, best choice i ever made after previously owning a dodge charger RT. So I've been looking up exhaust videos and I'm not sure which direction to go. If you guy have ever heard of the 2013 Yukon Denali's those stock sound deep and perfect. Thats what I'm trying to aim for, don't want any drone because its a daily truck go for a lot of long drives. What would you guys suggest? I'm leaning towards a resonator delete or just muffler delete. 

SUVs have more drone problems because of the full body. Example my Trailblazer ss had tuned factory exhaust. I just removed the resonator in back left the muffler on the drone was unbearable on trips. I put the resonator back on. Find a good bender and ask about just over stock sound. You will still have a noticeable V4- chopper sound with just about anything over stock.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

For your 5.3 good options are Magnaflow 12589 or 14589 in polished stainless finish and Flowmaster 53071.  A good exhaust shop should be able to measure and precisely cut off your stock muffler and flapper valve and replace with new muffler without hacking things up.

Good luck whatever you decide on.

On 2018-09-25 at 3:52 PM, Lgetz said:

For your 5.3 good options are Magnaflow 12589 or 14589 in polished stainless finish and Flowmaster 53071.  A good exhaust shop should be able to measure and precisely cut off your stock muffler and flapper valve and replace with new muffler without hacking things up.

Good luck whatever you decide on.

Each of those options are center/offset in/out, is that necessary for our trucks? Or can you use one with center/center configuration?

On my 6.2 the inlet is offset and outlet centered.   Combined with the large case size and overall length of the Magnaflow 12909 it made cutting out the stock muffler and flapper valve a breeze.  Again a competent exhaust shop will be able to do everything right by carefully measuring twice and cutting precisely.  A center inlet/outlet muffler will work but requires a piece of bent pipe to work properly.  IMO lends itself to becoming a "hack job" if one uses a less than compotent installer.

1 hour ago, Lgetz said:

On my 6.2 the inlet is offset and outlet centered.   Combined with the large case size and overall length of the Magnaflow 12909 it made cutting out the stock muffler and flapper valve a breeze.  Again a competent exhaust shop will be able to do everything right by carefully measuring twice and cutting precisely.  A center inlet/outlet muffler will work but requires a piece of bent pipe to work properly.  IMO lends itself to becoming a "hack job" if one uses a less than compotent installer.

Is this the same as the 5.3?

Not absolutely sure Red.  I would imagine that the exhaust layout on a 5.3 v 6.2 is the same other than the exhaust/tailpipe size being 2.75/3" as opposed to 3.5 inch.  A simple search for Magnaflow 12589 shows it fits but some complained it sounds stock only deeper.  If you want more sound go with the 18 inch case size part no. 12259.  Had this on my 09 5.3 Z-71 and I went back to stock muffler.  The V8-V4 transition was too noticeable for me.  YMMV