Owners Pictures of 35" Tires on Stock AT4 or Trail Boss

2 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

Do you know if that roadforce balance machine will tell you if a tire is bad and needs replaced? 

They’ll know if the tire needs too much weight to balance or can’t. 

I’ve had 38” radial tires with chunky tread that weighed 140-lbs each and that were balanced with airsoft beads. They rode smooth down the road with no weird shaking or vibes. If I could do that 10-12 years ago there’s no reason a good shop shouldn’t be able to get your tires balanced and vibration free. 

On 9/21/2019 at 3:06 PM, dctackett10 said:

I’m driving to Lexington right now. ( 2 and half hours away from my home).  As long as I stay under 60 it rides great.  So crazy! 

Hey man I'm sorry you're having so much trouble with tires/wheels and this shake issue.

Do you have a buddy to lend you send a well balanced wheels just as a test? It could eliminate a few things.

And, on a positive note, do you have any pics of the mastercrafts? I'm very interested in them

Took them to have em roadforce balanced. 2 tires were out of round.  Company I bought em from is letting me keep the tires and refunded my money.    I’m so freaking done with tires it’s not funny.    How can my luck be this bad. 2 sets were bad.  C’mon life lol 

Spend some extra cash and buy some Nitto's, I do realize Mastercraft is somewhat of a name brand tire but they are less expensive for a reason, and the more rubber, the more apparent the issues they have. I believe that "You get what you pay for" 

Edited by eppieguy
  • Like 2

On 9/26/2019 at 9:19 PM, dctackett10 said:

Yea I contacted them. They are the ones who told the company I bought the tires to give me a refund and keep the tires they sent me. 

I spent about 950, if you ask me. That’s a lot for 4 tires lol  

shitty luck man. But I guess it's a lesson for all of us. I was looking at the MC's too. But scrap that.

tire prices here in canada are ridiculous...?

image.thumb.png.95c30364a204b80df8a56e211e38d089.png

I honestly think I just got 2 crap sets. At least this last set I got my money back and made close to 500 selling the 2 good tires and 2 out of round tires.   I’m gonna hold on off tires for a while and just run my stock duratraxs till I need to a new set 

i honestly think the suspensions of these new trucks trucks and how light they are now plays a big role 

On 6/7/2019 at 10:27 AM, Trailboss91 said:

295/70r18 Falken Wildpeak AT3W tires, 34.3” diameter with no trimming needed. No level as well. 

2E2B0B18-1F7B-4027-8944-EA0904BE1254.jpeg

I love it.  I think this is what I will be buying. I really like your running boards also. What brand are they? 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, dctackett10 said:

I honestly think I just got 2 crap sets. At least this last set I got my money back and made close to 500 selling the 2 good tires and 2 out of round tires.   I’m gonna hold on off tires for a while and just run my stock duratraxs till I need to a new set 

i honestly think the suspensions of these new trucks trucks and how light they are now plays a big role 

Yeah I just read a very alarming post on ball joint/boot damage with a 1.5" level on our TB too. Changes my plans for the future

• 1 month later...

Just had my Cooper STT Pro 35/12.50/20 tires installed. I do have a 1.5 inch leveling kit on the front. I have not cut or modified anything on the truck other than the leveling kit and they fit with no rub even at full lock. It's pretty tight but they do fit. Thanks for all of the helpful info on this thread! 

Truck.jpg

• Like 4