Rear window leak

Demon

1 hour ago, n8huntsman said:

Well... This window didn't even last through the frigid cold California winter this time. Window number 3 Already leaking in this last rain storm!

Bummer. Time to get a lawyer and get out of that thing. Just unreal.

2019 GMC Sierra and am on my third window. In the beginning they did the spoiler TSB and resealed the window. Still leaked so they tore it apart again and found the window frame had cracked above the driver side rear seat. They replaced the back glass and this fixed the issue. It has happened twice since then with the frame cracking in the same spot. The last time it was in the shop the window hack they used scratched up a little over $500 worth of plastics in the back seat that they had to replace. 

1 hour ago, BamX31 said:

2019 GMC Sierra and am on my third window. In the beginning they did the spoiler TSB and resealed the window. Still leaked so they tore it apart again and found the window frame had cracked above the driver side rear seat. They replaced the back glass and this fixed the issue. It has happened twice since then with the frame cracking in the same spot. The last time it was in the shop the window hack they used scratched up a little over $500 worth of plastics in the back seat that they had to replace. 

This is disappointing to hear.  Waiting on my new rear glass to arrive.  I guess they should order 2 more since it's going to crack again in the future. 

In the meantime, it rained yesterday and now I have another 18 in. wet spot in the headliner. 

I'm really to the point of having GM take the truck back under lemon law and go get something else.

On 3/23/2021 at 11:47 AM, tiggerfun42 said:

2020 Silverado LTZ Crew Cab with 18,000 miles and I joined the window leak club. :(   Thankfully my husband follows many Chevy sites and has been watching for this , so we caught it right away.

Dealer stated that GM has a notice out and they have to silicone it first, so currently its at the dealership where they hire a window company to come and fix.  It sounds like they remove the 3rd brake light piece that runs along the top of the entire back window, they will silicone and re-position it, then it has to sit in a heated garage for like 24 hours and I should have it back in a day or two.  If it leaks again, then they have the glass company replace the window.  My question to all of you who that have dealt with this,  after you had it silicone' d, did you have any other issues with the window leaking?    

truck.jpg

Truck1.jpg

I had mine done over a year ago (silicone) by my dealership and despite the temperature extremes we get here, plus pressure washing, torrential and steady rain i have not had an issue with it since.

28 minutes ago, BamaBen said:

This is after 4 repair attempts.  This is just rain. 

IMG_20210325_083817681.jpg

I almost feeling like calling gm or your dealers service department and bitching them out for you, that is disgraceful and no excuse for it imo!

If GM can't fix your truck they owe you a new one imo! Maybe ask them to give you the non slider back window, the sliders are the problem in these trucks imo!

Edited by BIGDOGx

Just now, BamaBen said:

As of this morning, I've secured attorney representation and notified GM of our intent to pursue a refund.

I'll let y'all know how it goes.

Good luck, i think you have a solid claim here if this is the result after 4 fix attempts, gm shouldn't be allowed a 5th!

9 hours ago, BamaBen said:

This is after 4 repair attempts.  This is just rain. 

IMG_20210325_083817681.jpg

Not claiming to be an expert but fairly sure that’s caused by the yellow retainer gasket on the spoiler.   Bad gasket.   Can be easily replaced.  

Unacceptable that this is happening to you.  Looks terrible.  

Not claiming to be an expert but fairly sure that’s caused by the yellow retainer gasket on the spoiler.   Bad gasket.   Can be easily replaced.  

Unacceptable that this is happening to you.  Looks terrible.  

This is the 4th time they fixed it, and last time the over torqued his spoiler bolts. It’s back a page or two, but he explained it all.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

1 minute ago, SPASierra said:

This is the 4th time they fixed it, and last time the over torqued his spoiler bolts. It’s back a page or two, but he explained it all.

At least that what they told me...  funny how the maintenance records on my.gm.com are not filled in for the last 2 service visits.   

The count currently is 3 fixes of the spoiler gaskets and 1 reseal of the rear window.  I'm not giving them the chance to repair it again.  Lawyers are on it.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, BIGDOGx said:

I almost feeling like calling gm or your dealers service department and bitching them out for you, that is disgraceful and no excuse for it imo!

If GM can't fix your truck they owe you a new one imo! Maybe ask them to give you the non slider back window, the sliders are the problem in these trucks imo!

Agreed totally!

Edited by Comscan

On 3/24/2021 at 8:50 PM, Comscan said:

I had mine done over a year ago (silicone) by my dealership and despite the temperature extremes we get here, plus pressure washing, torrential and steady rain i have not had an issue with it since.

I just had mine done on my GMC Sierra (2019), they did the silicone, very poor job, they used a white silicone that dried real hard and instead of level with the top of the window they went above it and it looked bad. Regardless, it still leaked so now they have ordered a replacement window for a glass company to install, fingers crossed this will be one and done!! Good luck!!

20210318_122424.jpg

20210318_122441.jpg

18 hours ago, SPASierra said:

Unless the sheet metal has been damage from the over torquing.  Every bolt and nut can be replaced on the spoiler, without having to buy a new spoiler assembly.  They all just slide/snap in place on the spoiler side.

Of course, this whole thing shouldn't have happened.    

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 2.21.27 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 2.21.44 PM.png

Screen Shot 2021-03-26 at 2.21.58 PM.png