PCM CODE 2961- Failed inspection 03-gmc sierra 2500

Not sure if this is the right forum to ask for help on this issue but i recently bought & took my truck in for an out of province inspection in canada which is a 2 1/2 hour run down of the vehicle. with only 10 days to fix what has failed  or repay and do the whole inspection again so im a rush to fix this truck or im out another 230$, Anyway i just reinstalled and new tumbler which failed, but i also need to have the vehicle free of ANY pcm codes. I failed for pcm code 2961( key in ignition circuit malfunction) as well. I believe the old owner bypassed something in the security with the electrical wires close to the ignition switch. he also tore up the ignition tumbler housing. Heres a few pictures of what the wires look like underneath. Not sure what its supposed to look like, Im a complete novice when it comes to electrical so any help

is appreciated 

IMG_2457.thumb.JPG.a605823a625663e2f29a8921118c1fa9.JPG    

Edited by Pooble

Can't post another picture as the file is too big but, the black and yellow wire are held together with a small resistor, Not sure if playing with these will also trip the security and i wont be able to move the vehicle. Security light is on currently on the dash cluster

Yep, he did a passlock bypass, and took out the pins for the lock. Looks like any key will start it now.

Not a Canadian, but in Texas, only the ses light still fail a test (emissions) everything else is considered just information data - maybe you can get a similar waver.