Have 4 - 300 watt light bars on my roof rack and 4 - 103 watt cree’s on the winch mount. 

Decided to run all the wiring to a central location vs mix and match I did over time.  So purchased a 6 rocker switch panel with 3 12V outlets, double row.

Went back-and-forth a week trying to think in my head where I wanted to mount it to make it easily accessible, as I live in the mountains and when oncoming traffic is coming I need to be able to shut them off immediately!

I knew overhead was the best place but didn’t want to go through the trouble. However now that it’s done it really wasn’t that much of an issue at all.

I cut the sunglass holder 3/4 of the way out and it only over fills the entire consul by about a 1/4 inch. If I hadn’t already bought this panel and knew today was the only day I could do the project for a few weeks, I would have waited and not used the 3 outlets and just went with a single row panel of 6 (8 best) rocker switches as that would’ve been very neat, clean and looked much more custom! 

For anyone looking to do it, the absolute best looking would be 8 rocker switches on a single row panel for an absolute perfect fit! 

But I was impatient and wasn’t going to toss $50 out the door for the panel I had so wound up force fitting into the console. 

This doesn’t look horrible and I think I’ll be able to live with it but if it gets the best of me and my OCD, I can always order a new console with the 8 switches as the wiring is already there and would be a simple project.

Any questions feel free to ask!  I’ll post pictures shortly.

Edited by Plumber101010

37 minutes ago, Plumber101010 said:

Went back-and-forth a week trying to think in my head where I wanted to mount it to make it easily accessible, as I live in the mountains and when oncoming traffic is coming I need to be able to shut them off immediately!

Since you have so many switches available and need to turn off the lights fast, why not use one as a master switch that works off the highbeams stalk?

I've got mine hooked up this way, and the only time I've needed to control the lights individually was once in fog when the roof lights were detrimental due to the glare but the low mounted bumper bar was still useful.

What lights do you have going to the switches currently?  Are the switches controlling relays or are the light bars hooked up directly to the switches?

I used the factory upfitter switch that gives 4 additional aux switches but I wish I had one more as I'm adding a set of ditch lights.  As it sits now I have mine configured

Aux1 - all lights on with highbeams

Aux2- Bumper lights

Aux3- Roof Lights

Aux4- Rock Lights

I didn’t want to connect any of my lights to the factory I just didn’t want to go that route. I like everything individually separated with their own switches.

I have front, light bar front, light bar rear, light bar left, light bar right.  But the three in the front I have separated into two and one.

I don’t have a master switch because my other lights are the rear, left and right.  I don’t hardly ever put them all on unless I’m trying to show off LOL!

So normally for regular driving in the mountains I’m just running my 3- 103 Watt in the front and I can handle those with the first 2 switch’s and is very easy :)

• 3 weeks later...

My OCD got the best of me and I just couldn’t live with it. So I ordered a new overhead Console and a 8 rocker switch blank panel and I will remove the sunglass holder and trim it to fit inside of it perfectly so it will look custom and OEM!  I will update with pictures when the project is complete in about a week 

• 7 months later...
  • 2 years later...
On 1/3/2019 at 12:32 AM, Plumber101010 said:

I didn’t want to connect any of my lights to the factory I just didn’t want to go that route. I like everything individually separated with their own switches.

I have front, light bar front, light bar rear, light bar left, light bar right.  But the three in the front I have separated into two and one.

I don’t have a master switch because my other lights are the rear, left and right.  I don’t hardly ever put them all on unless I’m trying to show off LOL!

So normally for regular driving in the mountains I’m just running my 3- 103 Watt in the front and I can handle those with the first 2 switch’s and is very easy :)

Sounds like a nice setup, Any Photo's. Thanks