2019 Silverado Speaker Level Audio Tap

On 3/20/2021 at 1:07 PM, T.J Robinson said:

Hope this helps anyone who needs it. I have a 2019 silverado 1500 lt. Just ripped it apart and upgraded that shitty sound system. Radio is now a pioneer 2600 nex and the interior speakers are deaf bonce Arnold's also have a 4 channel behind the seats. After 10 hours of work it's finally done. This install is a ******! No space behind the radio you have to brake the plastic housing if you want to fit anything in. Also there are vents directly behind the housing so be careful not to mess those up. You will need a bypass part ( AXDIS-GMLN31) got this part online from audio jam in DE ask for Mike ran 150. This install cannot be done without the part as none of your dash will work. Heads up part goes under the passenger side of the dash and you will have to extend the wires up to the radio as they are not long enough. Speaker portion is simple didn't run into any issues. Now with the new body update the back seat is different. Their isnt much space as the new foam cusion is broken up in sections made it hard to mount amp. So make sure your amps are smaller and will fit in the groves or you will be shaving and sanding down foam like I did. 

20210319_222339.jpg

20210319_122636.jpg

16162419660064652843714427050145.jpg

Do you have a complete parts list for this build? What radio kit did you use to mount it and where did you get those panels to fill the volume knobs and buttons?

• 1 month later...

I have been searching and searching trying to find the wire colors for a 2021 Sierra AT4 non bose 8 inch.  I have a 6 channel audio control 6-1200 and want to run the speaker line inputs and then the return wire to the speakers.  One wire harness is grey and the other black. 

I ordered a loop harness from LLJ custom but it is a 2-3 week lead time and I can run the wires my myself if I just knew the colors.  I do not believe they are the same as what you all have posted because I looked at the wire harness at the rear doors and the colors are different.  Does anyone know how to locate the wire map for the connectors located under the passenger glove box for 2021?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...

I just registered so I could get in on this thread.  I really don't want to cut the factory wiring and like everyone else can't fine a harness.  However, I purchased this https://axxessinterfaces.com/product/AXEXH-GMLN31.  Just do  Google search for the model number and you'll find some places that sell it.  This is an extension for of one of Axxess' interfaces.  I'm hoping to be able to make a harness from it.  I will post updates as I go.

On 8/5/2021 at 2:50 PM, sprintsmarter said:

I have been searching and searching trying to find the wire colors for a 2021 Sierra AT4 non bose 8 inch.  I have a 6 channel audio control 6-1200 and want to run the speaker line inputs and then the return wire to the speakers.  One wire harness is grey and the other black. 

I ordered a loop harness from LLJ custom but it is a 2-3 week lead time and I can run the wires my myself if I just knew the colors.  I do not believe they are the same as what you all have posted because I looked at the wire harness at the rear doors and the colors are different.  Does anyone know how to locate the wire map for the connectors located under the passenger glove box for 2021?

Should be the same pinout that is listed in this thread.  Mine is a 2021 trail boss, 8" with no amp and crutchfield sent me the same pinout listed above.

OK, I made the harness and got everything installed.  It works and sounds great.  The Axxess harness pinout matches my factory pinouts.  I have the teal and tan connectors.  I made a little document that details how I made the harness and routed it in the truck.  Its a little chaotic, but I think you'll get the picture.  Feel free to comment or let me know if I got something incorrect.  I can edit and repost.  Note:  If I had it to do all over again, I would have cut the wires on the Axxess harness shorter and soldered everything . . .

I used all kicker that Crutchfield sent me including the CXA360.4 amp and the Kicker sub and amp made for GM.  All in all it sounds so much better.  I just need a little more control than the dinky head unit EQ gives me to tune everything.  I would just add an LC7i, but the subwoofer uses speaker level inputs only as far as I can tell.

2021 Amp and Speaker Harness V1.pdf

• Like 1

Great job Casey!

I will be using your write-up when I finally get around to doing my 2021 GMC Sierra SLE with the IOS stereo (black and grey connectors on stereo control module)

I’m having trouble locating the Axxess harness up here in Canada.  I found one on eBay.. and sent a request for a quote for shipping.. no reply 😞

Maybe I’ll stop by an actual stereo shop and ask if they have access to the Metra line of products and see if they can order the harness for me.

I have already replaced the speakers in the pickup, and it’s made the audio tolerable now, but the new speakers are designed to be used with an amp, and are nowhere near as efficient as the originals.

I plan to use the AudioControl D.6-1200 with built in DSP to tune and amplify the audio when I get the harness taken care of.  I have zero intention to cut any of the stock factory wires, so I’m willing to wait until I find the correct parts.

Used the frame of the original door speakers to construct adapters to mount the 6 1/2” circular speakers.  This way the original electrical connector can be retained, and everything fits precisely in place and couples perfectly to the door panel.  No cutting or hacking.

9AEB0406-6779-48AD-831E-878E49F11DF0.jpeg

• 3 weeks later...

Did mine using https://lljcustoms.com/

Website had harness and LC7i - just plugs right in to existing, no splicing of wires.  Without the LC7i the stereo will throttle down the bass automatically so speakers won't blow.  The LC7i corrects this.  In mine I replaced the upper speakers with small Kenwood's, replaced the door speakers with Focal's, and added a 4 channel amp.  After tuning the stereo setup totally cranks with just the right amount of bass.

This is my recent convo with AudioControl.  Still waiting on my LLJ Harness to finish my install but hope this helps as the LC4.800 I have has an LC7i "built in"

Message to AC:

Hi there,

Been diving into videos, threads and loads of reviews for putting together my humble build for my 2021 GMC Sierra 1500 Crew Cab AT4, non-Bose. I was hoping to get some help on summing, Accubass and hopefully an opinion on crossover freq.

My set up is as follows:

Audio Control LC4.800 Amp
Infinity Reference REF-9630cx, 6x9 components, front door/dash tweeter
Infinity Kappa 62ix, 6 1/2s coaxial, rear door
JL Audio ACP108LG-W3v3, powered 8 inch subwoofer
LLJ Customs Loopback Harness
Boatload of Dynamat

My questions are:

1 - Would you recommend summing the inputs or keeping them separate? Does turning summing on prevent the ability to use balance left/right/front/back?

AC:  Thank you for contacting AudioControl. The one thing worth knowing in this setup is that summing would remove your ability to fade between front and rear, but maintain your ability to balance from left to right.

2 - Accubass - Would you recommend using Accubass for both channels? Or one of them? Or none, since I am using a sub?  

AC:  My recommendation is to start with your front signal in the Front input, and rear signal in the Rear input, with no summing and with AccuBass turned off.

By default, the Line Output you use to send signal to the sub amp is listening to the Front input signal, and you can adjust AccuBass for this output even when the switches are set to "disable."

Test this out and see if the signal sounds the way you hope it would, and that the sub is playing all the low frequencies. If it sounds good -- perfect, you're done! If it seems like something is missing, try swapping the front and rear inputs on the amp and see if that resolves the problem. If it's still not sounding right, turn the Front/Rear Bus Sum on, and that should get things sounding good.

3 - I am planning to set my 6x9s at 60 hz (high pass), my 6 1/2s at 70 hz (high pass) and my sub 80 hz (low pass) for crossovers. Am I too all over the place or is this something I should tune by ear? Do these numbers look ok?

AC:  With regard to the crossovers, systems are conventionally set up with the door Highpass set to match the sub Lowpass. For example, if your door is going to play 70 Hz and up, the subwoofer should play 70Hz and below.

That being said, if it doesn't sound right to your ear, you can certainly set the crossovers the way you suggested. In fact, your idea for the crossover is very similar to how I have it set up in my car. I think little bit of overlap on the low end really improves the listening experience. 

• Like 1