Highway Tires vs AT Question

I scored a fantastic deal on a set of Mich XLT A/S tires! Basically they are the LTX M/S. I am already seeing better mileage!! Thanks to everyone for the help and suggestions 

Kirk

14wntr Didn’t think they made those any longer, Defenders were supposed to have replaced them a few years back. Do yourself a favor, please make sure to find the four numbers on your tires that’ll indicate when they were manufactured. Four numbers, first two indicate the week and last two is the year.

Sent from above

I run 285/55/20 on my 18 Sierra Elevation. I would say no rubbing, but one time backing up at full lock going over a bump I heard a touch.

I run Toyo Open Country C/T's which are a commercial truck version of the A/T's. I noticed at least 1 L/100km (about 2.5mpg) less on hwy. 

Up to you and what you need. The Toyo's I have are winter rated and "10 ply". I live in Canada and tow a trailer for work. I also like the more aggressive look, so the mileage drop in no way bothers me.

If I didn't care for the look and lived in a better climate and never went off road, I would definitely have kept the Continentals that came on it. Quieter and better economy.

My .02c

On 3/20/2019 at 10:58 PM, TXGREEK said:

14wntr Didn’t think they made those any longer, Defenders were supposed to have replaced them a few years back. Do yourself a favor, please make sure to find the four numbers on your tires that’ll indicate when they were manufactured. Four numbers, first two indicate the week and last two is the year.

Sent from above

They were made late 17. I am good with that and they sure work nice!