Tow mirror light wiring

PGamboa,

Please assist.  I own a 2015 Silverado 1500 LTZ Z71 with the 6.2L engine.  I recently installed some tow mirrors and the clearance lights do not function at all.  The lights do not turn on with the cargo lamp on or even in reverse.  I was told I may need some additional wiring to ensure this works.  I heard you are the man with the plan.  Anything would help. 

• 8 months later...

I’ve been trying to get the wiring diagram for a 2011 Sierra with Factory tow mirrors. Neither side move with switch and I wanted to get a wiring diagram before I decided to pull everything apart to check 

On 7/11/2021 at 11:48 PM, Lawman86 said:

I’ve been trying to get the wiring diagram for a 2011 Sierra with Factory tow mirrors. Neither side move with switch and I wanted to get a wiring diagram before I decided to pull everything apart to check 

Check with Phil Gamboa at https://harnessdr.com/.
Though the 2011 might be a bit old for his specialty, I don't know.

Edited by MikeBMW

2 hours ago, MikeBMW said:

Check with Phil Gamboa at https://harnessdr.com/.
Though the 2011 might be a bit old for his specialty, I don't know.

I ran a check on the wiring. I took the door handle off and back probed the wire it’s getting 12v it’s the mirror switch. I just have to order one or find a junk yard with one. 

• 1 month later...

If anyone is still not sure how to do this heres is what i found on my 2015 Silverado High Country.

Somewhere along line someone put older tow mirrors without functions.

Turn signal on the tow mirror harness is pin 13(positive 12v signal hot)

pin 5 is ground

pin 1 is the running lights behind mirror (12 volt signal)

pin 2 is the puddle lamp white led 12 volts

when connected only the mirror turn signal would work nothing eles

I open fuse box and ran hot from 15am ign fuse(used a 12v test light to make sure it only turned on with key on)

and connected to the bcm . i used a meter to check for continuity from mirror harness pin 1 and found the cable in the bcm on the grey plug.

For the puddle light all i did was jump pin 2 & 8 on the mirror harness. (by doing this when you turn on the rear defrost you also get the white led.

Theres diffrent ways to do this but this was quickest way without disassembling door panels.

if need to add the powerfold just trace the door harness pins to the bcm using continuity check using dmm not the test light.

• Like 1

• 6 months later...
On 4/5/2019 at 11:30 PM, pgamboa said:

X500 Connector Detail.PNG

Tow mirrors have:

Turn Signals

Cargo Lights (Reverse Light)

Park Lamps (Running Lamp)

You want to make sure you add the ground on the mirror plug.  You should have the turn signal in the door jamb plug.  So if you ran it in the cab, splice on the back side of the jamb connector.  The cargo light and running light may not be present on your door jamb connector (it is missing on early model 2015 trucks).

Good luck!

In the BCM, the left/right turn signal are separate.  

I know it's an older post, but I have 15 2500HD that came with JUST power mirrors but not lighting. I added the tow mirrors with it and the power side works, just not the lights. I've seen alot of the mirrors have two plugs, the main and a 4 pin after for the light section, mine doesn't have the 4 pin one. I'm guessing they are all on the main plug. Is there a way for me to wire them to make them work?

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I just had GM replace my door harness and now I've lost function of my Aftermarket mirror. When I purchased the mirror i got the add a wire harness kit. But I'm not paying $79 USD for 3 wires. Does anyone know what type terminals GM uses in the door? Figured it would be an easy google search but I'm not having much luck. 

• 4 months later...
On 2/17/2020 at 7:29 PM, LSyOuCaNtCaTcH said:

Bringing this post back from the dead. Anyone know anything about installing these on a 2018 LTZ? Should it have most everything to make the mirrors work? I'm guessing so since I have the puddle lights and the turn signals. How would I go about getting the running light to work? Thanks any help is appreciated. 

Just curious if you figured it out, I’m about to install them on my 18 ltz also

• 4 months later...

I had my factory tow mirrors installed by the dealer.
They replaced the door harness at that time.
Afterward, I wanted the turn signal lights with the tow mirror lights and ordered a plug and play harness from @pgamboa and it worked great!
I, then, installed aftermarket Boost Auto Parts power folding tow mirrors and it, as well, was plug and play with the GM harness and the one from @pgamboa for the turn signal lights.
No splicing or connecting after the dealer tow mirror install.

• 10 months later...