Tow mirror light wiring

I have a 2015 Silverado 1500 LT CC. I recently purchased tow mirrors and installed them. The tow mirrors I purchased came with the wiring for the lighting if your truck didn’t come with mirror lighting. 

Theres four wires I need to splice in somewhere (per mirror)

The wiring diagram they gave me was vague and I’m not too sure what all of the lights are:

-Signal on the glass (+)

-lights (-)

-Reversing light (+)

-Clearance light (+)

I am an avionics guy for airplanes so I’d say I’m ok at wiring. I tried tapping the blinker wire into the BCM but blinker wouldn’t come on. I also read the you really shouldn’t splice into the BCM.

Does Anyone have advice for running these wires and where I can tap into ? 

P.s. I know someone on here sells a harness, but I don’t want to spend extra money if I don’t have to. 

I already ran the wires in the cab. 

C0677DDB-B409-425F-AAB5-377E8C54C689.png

6599680C-03AE-4F8D-BBC4-1D92AD0C21A3.png

0C621AE8-FF71-46CD-B807-E1BE980020A9.jpeg

BA38243B-2B97-40F1-A292-1C6FD40B7B17.png

Edited by jusd33

If your truck didn't come with tow mirrors from factory it's not as simple as plug and play for everything to work properly.
Pgamboda can get you squared away as to what u need to do.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, doozer78 said:

If your truck didn't come with tow mirrors from factory it's not as simple as plug and play for everything to work properly.
Pgamboda can get you squared away as to what u need to do.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

I understand it’s not plug and play. And Pgamboda sells the harnesses. I was wondering if anyone knew where I can splice the wires into . 

Same mirrors I purchased and installed on my 18 hc. Everything is working except for reverse LEDs. I have them as puddle lamps like my small mirrors had. All splicing and diodes were installed in the door. No special harness and no running wires thru the doors. If you had puddle lights on your old mirrors and can live without reverse LEDs you should be able to get everything from inside the door. With 3 diodes. Also my puddle lights now shine right on the door handle.

• Thanks 1

X500 Connector Detail.PNG

Tow mirrors have:

Turn Signals

Cargo Lights (Reverse Light)

Park Lamps (Running Lamp)

You want to make sure you add the ground on the mirror plug.  You should have the turn signal in the door jamb plug.  So if you ran it in the cab, splice on the back side of the jamb connector.  The cargo light and running light may not be present on your door jamb connector (it is missing on early model 2015 trucks).

Good luck!

In the BCM, the left/right turn signal are separate.  

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

12 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Tow mirrors have:

Turn Signals

You want to make sure you add the ground on the mirror plug.  You should have the turn signal in the door jamb plug.  So if you ran it in the cab, splice on the back side of the jamb connector.  The cargo light and running light may not be present on your door jamb connector (it is missing on early model 2015 trucks).

Good luck!

Thanks for the clarification! That’d be awesome if I can just wire it there. 

So according to the picture you posted my wired would be 

-Signal on the glass (+) (pin 41)

-lights (-) (ground ?) where would I ground this ? Pin 2?

-Reversing light (+) (pin 9?)

-Clearance light (+) (pin 11?)

Yes all correct. Ground is any chassis ground.

3780aa20cd282c397316da59f99a22c3.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

13 hours ago, pgamboa said:

Tow mirrors have:

Turn Signals

Good luck!

It looks like the door jam connector runs to this junction... is it possible to just splice it here. (It seems tough to get to that door jam connector ) 

590F17D1-1544-435F-9451-E024EFD91628.jpeg

22 minutes ago, jusd33 said:

Got the blinkers and the running lights working. What is this 3 diode thing ? 

Don't worry bout what I told you. Do exactly what PG tells you and you'll have no problems. I wired mine differently and just made sure I didn't have any back feed. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, jusd33 said:

Got the blinkers and the running lights working. What is this 3 diode thing ? 

Diodes are used to "jump" power from one circuit to another.  There are several diode mods that can be done in the BCM for things like - Auto Cargo Light On with Reverse, Puddle Lamp follows Interior Dome Lamp, Fog Lights always on when headlights are one, etc.  Also used to prevent back feed voltage.

• 10 months later...

Bringing this post back from the dead. Anyone know anything about installing these on a 2018 LTZ? Should it have most everything to make the mirrors work? I'm guessing so since I have the puddle lights and the turn signals. How would I go about getting the running light to work? Thanks any help is appreciated. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Bought towing mirrors for my 2017 1500 Silverado LT.    Went and installed my mirrors. Everything worked good for the first week. followed the wiring shown above for my turn, running, and cargo lights. On my way back home from vacation, my DIS told me my turn signals were not working , this was intermitted. Now that I am home after my trip of towing my trailer, when my lights come on so do my turn signal on the mirror and the front markers continually blink. Was thinking about disconnecting the markers and just using the turn signals. Any help would be grateful.

Edited by razingnut