Biggest tires on AT4 20" stock wheels with NO modification

Did you guys also buy a 5th matching tire for the spare wheel?  Or, does going to a 34" or 35" tire cause stress on the truck if you have to use the stock size as a spare for a limited time?

paulny, still no rub and still stock. Based on my gps radar detector that displays speed, I am about 1 mpg faster than speedo at 30 mph, 2 mph faster at 60 and 3 mph faster at 90. That is not exact but it gives you an idea. So it's not too bad.  Wish the tires were lighter but no regrets.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, paulny said:

Did you guys also buy a 5th matching tire for the spare wheel?  Or, does going to a 34" or 35" tire cause stress on the truck if you have to use the stock size as a spare for a limited time?

No, but if I had to run the spare for any amount of time, I would put it on the front and only run 2WD (not 4-auto).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 3/19/2020 at 6:40 PM, DanBlp said:

paulny, still no rub and still stock. Based on my gps radar detector that displays speed, I am about 1 mpg faster than speedo at 30 mph, 2 mph faster at 60 and 3 mph faster at 90. That is not exact but it gives you an idea. So it's not too bad.  Wish the tires were lighter but no regrets.

Interested in the impact on your gas mileage due to the increased weight.  Im debating staying with the 275 60r20 just with a more aggressive tread and got quotes to have stock rim powder coated. 

On 6/5/2020 at 9:16 PM, At4Life said:

Interested in the impact on your gas mileage due to the increased weight.  Im debating staying with the 275 60r20 just with a more aggressive tread and got quotes to have stock rim powder coated. 

Although I don't watch mpg that close, I definitely lost 1mpg, maybe even closer to two.

On 3/12/2020 at 9:58 PM, FWaT4 said:

So I thought my speedo would be way off like 65mph on the dash but doing 68. However, on the way down to our beach vacation a few days ago, i had my sister in law ride alongside me in her Honda CRV so i could gauge how far off I was. My speedo was at 66, hers at 65. Very surprising,  yes I know it is not the most accurate measure but I am still confident I can set my cruise at the speed limit and not have to worry about being pulled over....

I have no regret with the size as I wanted something to fill the wheel wells since the street tires that came on the truck did not look right. Not sure why GM would lift a truck but not offer bigger tires....

Yes, still stock, but will eventually be adding a 1" to the front mostly for looks as the minimal rub I have turning into my inclines doesn't bother me all that much. 

Scheduled to have the same 35x11.5 tires installed.  Where is the rub/point of contract?

Where did you get your wheels?
Those are SCA performance black widow wheels. I purchased them directly from sca but I don't believe that they are available for purchase anymore without getting the entire black widow package. I removed them about 4 months ago and changed to larger wheel/ tire setup. If you can do local pickup (Orlando, FL), I will let them go with tires for $1400

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

• Like 1

On 6/10/2020 at 10:16 PM, destrada127 said:

Those are SCA performance black widow wheels. I purchased them directly from sca but I don't believe that they are available for purchase anymore without getting the entire black widow package. I removed them about 4 months ago and changed to larger wheel/ tire setup. If you can do local pickup (Orlando, FL), I will let them go with tires for $1400

Sent from my SM-N975U using Tapatalk

I’d be all over this if you were a little closer. Live in Ohio.

• 1 month later...
  • 2 months later...
On 5/14/2019 at 8:15 AM, Scooter Scott said:

Similar to the 18" post, I want to see a thread with a 100% stock setup and what size tires you put on for 20" stock wheels only.  This thread is not for leveling kits or aftermarket wheels.

Post up some pictures!  Let us know what size your tires are and what kind.  I'm really only interested in doing very minor trimming if needed.  My last truck I just had to zip tie the liner a little further back.

Thanks!

My current stock AT4

Sierra AT4.jpeg

Ordered this exact truck, same colour , only in a 6.6 box.  Ill use the 20" all terrain tires since they are quieter than the durotrac or whatever the aggressive tires are called.  Also ordered the console vault.

Edited by bdd

• 5 weeks later...