Wheel Spacers, anybody got them, let's see them.

Any idea on if spacers will void the factory warranty?  I need to put probably a 1.5 in spacer in to use my fuel maverick tires. I plan on using my factory tires as winter tires and when I put them back on in the fall I may take out the spacer. Just use it for my summer tires.

• 3 weeks later...
On 3/22/2020 at 2:03 PM, Taz56 said:

I don't believe it is no, but I did not try anything else I just went right for the 1.5

little late to respond but was any trimming necessary? assuming you stuck with stock tires

4 hours ago, Chrisd534 said:

little late to respond but was any trimming necessary? assuming you stuck with stock tires

Trimming was needed yes and no I went with bigger than stock (not much)..... I think you can click on my name and go to my profile to see the pictures I have posted. I made a post and loaded some pictures to another thread on this forum.

On 4/13/2020 at 8:01 AM, Taz56 said:

Trimming was needed yes and no I went with bigger than stock (not much)..... I think you can click on my name and go to my profile to see the pictures I have posted. I made a post and loaded some pictures to another thread on this forum.

Hey Taz, I tried searching for the pictures you were talking about and couldn't seem to find them. How much did you have to trim and exactly what did you trim? 

Are you on stock AT4 wheels and tires?

I was looking to do a reverse level and drop the rear 1.5 inches using a shackle drop to level out the Elevation, run the 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the stock wheels until I decided If I want a lift/bigger wheels. But if you had to trim to avoid the rubbing, and you are in an AT4 which stock is higher than an Elevation, I might have to look at a front level instead to clear the wheel spacers? Any thoughts?

On 3/24/2020 at 2:53 PM, Mack3748 said:

Any idea on if spacers will void the factory warranty?  I need to put probably a 1.5 in spacer in to use my fuel maverick tires. I plan on using my factory tires as winter tires and when I put them back on in the fall I may take out the spacer. Just use it for my summer tires.

Just left dealer with 21k on my CTB, they snugged my 2" custom billet spacers for free. Have pulled over 8k in a 14k tandem axle dump trailer multiple times.

20200202_092804.jpg

4 minutes ago, romeactual said:

Factory 22's with Atturo Trailblade XT's 33x12.50 (Run small) with 1.5" level and 1.5" spacers

one.jpg

two.jpg

IMG_1009.jpg

Keep an eye out for the side wall on those atturos. I ran that same size for a while on some stock 22x9" wheels on my previous truck and had issues with the sidewalls on 2 different sets. The tread life is great on those tires and once balanced they drove fine just the side walls started splitting after about a year of use and I tried air pressures from 32-38psi. Truck was a 2013 AWD Denali with a level lift in front. I did have the alignment checked after the level too. But also I never rotated the tires since tread wear was pretty dang even across all 4

• Like 1

On 4/18/2020 at 4:11 PM, Trza said:

Hey Taz, I tried searching for the pictures you were talking about and couldn't seem to find them. How much did you have to trim and exactly what did you trim? 

Are you on stock AT4 wheels and tires?

I was looking to do a reverse level and drop the rear 1.5 inches using a shackle drop to level out the Elevation, run the 1.5 inch wheel spacers on the stock wheels until I decided If I want a lift/bigger wheels. But if you had to trim to avoid the rubbing, and you are in an AT4 which stock is higher than an Elevation, I might have to look at a front level instead to clear the wheel spacers? Any thoughts?

My wheels are not stock no. My truck came with 265/65R18, I put on 275/60R20's

IMG_7855.thumb.jpg.eed88174ee77f8ab30449a08b2864dae.jpg

IMG_7854.thumb.jpg.f6b0cc50b95e7f1830a4784efae966fd.jpg

IMG_7538.thumb.jpg.30e7d908ee6f2b7c3e6f10533884aee7.jpg

IMG_7706.thumb.jpg.325c56649ccdb8b3200e65766e84da9e.jpg

Edited by Taz56

• 2 months later...

Put 2" Rough Country Spacers and MGR caliper covers on today. Heres a few before and after. 

Some people seem leery of these because they are not hubcecebtric. But, the gm hub has a big ring that fits on the inside, so I dont think it's a an issue.  Torqued everything to 140 and just took it out on freeway at 80mph. Smooth as can be  it could be my imagination,  but it feels a little less floaty on highway as well. 

Mgr caliper covers, I don't feel are worth the 170 price tag. Front fits well, back is a little shaky. And they are like 3mm thick.  But they went on anyways.  

Put 2" Rough Country Spacers and MGR caliper covers on today. Heres a few before and after. 

Some people seem leery of these because they are not hubcecebtric. But, the gm hub has a big ring that fits on the inside, so I dont think it's a an issue.  Torqued everything to 140 and just took it out on freeway at 80mph. Smooth as can be  it could be my imagination,  but it feels a little less floaty on highway as well. 

Mgr caliper covers, I don't feel are worth the 170 price tag. Front fits well, back is a little shaky. And they are like 3mm thick.  But they went on anyways.   Can only post 1 pic for some reason.