Borla Type-S installed - AT4 6.2 - Video/sound included

Installed the borla type-s exhaust couple days ago.  

build quality is excellent, fitment was absolutely spot on.  

took me 5 beers and about 2 hours...

my thoughts.. on the system...  also have a type S on my SRT...

1.  Cold start is aggressive!  It literally barks....  I was very surprised by this,  much louder than my SRT system...

2.  After engine warms up and rpms settle down it has the very standard s-type deep burble at idle.   If the truck is parked and just running, walking behind it is just music to my ears.  Very deep little burble that just sounds great.

3.  As you ramp up the rpms and roll through the gears, the sound is deep and pronounced, this is the loudest type-s exhaust I’ve heard.  Not in a bad way, just know that you will hear this exhaust unless you absolutely butter the throttle and accelerate like an old woman.

4. No drone in 9th or 10th gear.. no goofy noises or vibrations with cylinder deactivation stuff so that’s a major plus.

conclusion

happy with the purchase, louder than expected but still nothing too crazy.  Getting the ATAK version would be overboard for a pickup in my opinion... 

engineers at borla said their touring style is identical to the gmc branded perf exhaust in regards to sound output.

so their 3 levels are

touring- tame 

type-s - pretty big jump, aggressive! Crazy cold start that barks

atak- crazy man over the top sound, I don’t think many guys would go this extreme

will get better videos soon

I installed the s type last night on my 5.3. I agree with everything you said. It is the most aggressive s type I have heard on a truck and it sounds really good. Absolute ZERO drone. Its astonishing actually, even when DFM is active there is no resonance in the cabin. Definitely loud under throttle and very nice to cruise with. I would buy this again if I had the choice. Hardest part of install was removing the old exhaust. 

• 2 months later...

Anyone ever heard the difference between touring and S type in person?  Curious how big a jump the cold starts are. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and decided Borla already  but worried about the cold starts since I'm in a townhouse and our garage is literally feet away from next door neighbors bedroom.  For that reason thinking touring may be the best bet.

• 1 month later...
On 10/23/2019 at 11:43 AM, reardiff said:

Anyone ever heard the difference between touring and S type in person?  Curious how big a jump the cold starts are. I'm getting ready to pull the trigger and decided Borla already  but worried about the cold starts since I'm in a townhouse and our garage is literally feet away from next door neighbors bedroom.  For that reason thinking touring may be the best bet.

I had the Touring on my 2018 6.2L and I really liked it. I was going to get the S type, however for reasons similar to yours, I went with Touring because I was worried about how it might sound in my neighborhood. Check out this this video to the OP's for a comparison. For my 2019, I'm leaning towards the S type because I wanted that little bit more than I had with the Touring.