GM 2 Inch Lift and Level kit

So I have a 2019 Silverado Crew Cab RST Z71. I got this over the Trail Boss to Save money($4-6K). What I’m wondering is can I order the Trail Boss Lift through GM(2 inches) and then add a level kit to it? I see the GM Lift is $1300 and Level kit maybe $50-$100, plus have them install. I’m also wanting to still use my stock 20 inch wheels with this kit. I would imagine this route I shouldn’t have any issue with the warranty. Maybe a $2K cost at most. Then obviously I would get bigger tires. I personally didn’t like the wheels on the stock trail boss. I know there are cheaper lifts out there but figured this way I can get the lift I want and keep my stock wheels with no warranty issues at all. Thoughts? Opinions? Thanks

8BC3196B-3963-4885-8FA5-22988F389355.jpeg

The one thing I noticed about my trail boss, I can no longer reach over the side of the bed to get something out without getting on my tippy toes. The RST the bed rail was about armpit height just right. I'm 5 11. So if you use your bed alot just consider the inconvenience of the truck sitting up a couple inches. Maybe that doesn't matter. Next truck I'll probably go back to stock height trim level.

Sent from my Pixel 2 using Tapatalk

I was considering going this route, but I did the opposite. I got the TB. And just put a 1.5” leveling kit. Couldn’t be happier with height, ride quality, etc. If you have any mechanical experience at all, you can easily put on the leveling kit yourself. Basically take the wheel off, unbolt three things, and then put it back together. Pretty straight forward. That could save ya a few bucks.

You can, doesn't mean you should. You are effectively stacking leveling kits. The TB lift doesn't use different springs (the correct way to lift a vehicle), they don't change the control arms, tie rods, etc. This is what they change: "different CV shafts, new front impact horn lowering adapter, taller front struts, longer rear shocks, rear spring spacers, taller jounce bumper mount, u-bolts/nuts". So it is basically a strut lift on the TB then combined with the spacer lift puts the control arms/ball joints and other movable components at the edge of their working parameters, which are designed for a stock truck and to work up to a TB lifted truck. I wouldn't expect a long life from your front end components and some harshness on big bumps that cause the suspension to bottom out. 

Warranty won't cover worn out front end components if you have a leveling kit added that isn't factory, they would most likely cover the TB lift but not the added spacer. You are putting their components out of the normal operating range and will wear out sooner, you can't expect them to cover that. The dealer may give you some type of warranty through them but GM won't pay it, all manufacturers are getting strict on warranty and ask for pictures of any modifications prior to approval and work being done. 

Why not just do the TB lift in front? That would make you pretty much level and your truck will be much happier and no warranty issues. Or do the whole TB kit and keep some rake for when you actually use it for truck stuff like towing and hauling...

Measured level btw doesn't look it, the nose looks high when you sit level at the fenders fyi. 

Tyler

• Like 2

You can, doesn't mean you should. You are effectively stacking leveling kits. The TB lift doesn't use different springs (the correct way to lift a vehicle), they don't change the control arms, tie rods, etc. This is what they change: "different CV shafts, new front impact horn lowering adapter, taller front struts, longer rear shocks, rear spring spacers, taller jounce bumper mount, u-bolts/nuts". So it is basically a strut lift on the TB then combined with the spacer lift puts the control arms/ball joints and other movable components at the edge of their working parameters, which are designed for a stock truck and to work up to a TB lifted truck. I wouldn't expect a long life from your front end components and some harshness on big bumps that cause the suspension to bottom out. 

Warranty won't cover worn out front end components if you have a leveling kit added that isn't factory, they would most likely cover the TB lift but not the added spacer. You are putting their components out of the normal operating range and will wear out sooner, you can't expect them to cover that. The dealer may give you some type of warranty through them but GM won't pay it, all manufacturers are getting strict on warranty and ask for pictures of any modifications prior to approval and work being done. 

Why not just do the TB lift in front? That would make you pretty much level and your truck will be much happier and no warranty issues. Or do the whole TB kit and keep some rake for when you actually use it for truck stuff like towing and hauling...

Measured level btw doesn't look it, the nose looks high when you sit level at the fenders fyi. 

Tyler
I thought about doing the TB kit and just installing the front, sell the rear portion. Readylift 2" kit would be so much easier though.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Those 6 inch lifts look great and makes sense as far as the money part. I really want to stick with a 33 inch all-terrain prb nitro ridge grappler for gas and cost purposes. Also I’m wanting to stick with my stock 20 inch wheels if possible. Not a deal breaker though. I appreciate all of your inputs and it all makes sense. I had the RC 2.5 Inch level kit on my 2017 and loved that look. Was looking to kind of stay with that type of set up. Wanting my truck to fit in the garage still lol since we get hail in my area from time to time. Eventually when I get some land in the country I prb will get a 6 inch lift since i can build a garage/shop to fit it. Maybe in the end I will just do a level Kit or just do the TB 2 inch lift and call it a day. I have some 20x10 -24 offset DFD wheels i had bought for my other truck and never put on but apparently they don’t fit the 19s :(  

E0332918-7D6B-4664-A740-124E8341E754.jpeg

21 hours ago, Wakezilla said:

For what it's worth, I put a 6" procomp lift on my 6.2 LTZ and I couldn't be happier. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.12.29 PM.png

What did that run ya?  Looks sweet. Have the same truck. 

Edited by cltsig

18 hours ago, Jay Teez said:

I have some 20x10 -24 offset DFD wheels i had bought for my other truck and never put on but apparently they don’t fit the 19s :(  

E0332918-7D6B-4664-A740-124E8341E754.jpeg

Those wheels look sharp. What model?  I'm kinda in the same boat as you with lift/level/wheels. LTZ Z71 but same underneath. 

21 hours ago, Wakezilla said:

For what it's worth, I put a 6" procomp lift on my 6.2 LTZ and I couldn't be happier. 

Screen Shot 2019-08-27 at 2.12.29 PM.png

That truck looks amazing...   What did that lift \ wheels cost?

5 minutes ago, Wakezilla said:

Thanks Smitty!  Just under $6k for lift, wheels, tires installed.

Some day....  Maybe a 2, no way I could fit a 6" lift in my garage!   

How much did the ride quality change once you did that?  

Thanks for your time.. 

31 minutes ago, Smitty said:

Some day....  Maybe a 2, no way I could fit a 6" lift in my garage!   

How much did the ride quality change once you did that?  

Thanks for your time.. 

Ride quality is great.  Can't even tell a difference really.  My wife keeps her Wrangler in our garage.