Can you change the backup guide?

We just bought a 19 At4. We are coming from Toyota and the back up guides don’t do the weird (to us anyway) bendy backup guides. We test drove many vehicles before buying this and some of them had options to change the guide to static or bendy. We can’t seem to find anything about it or this bad boy. Only thing that comes up is people asking what happened to the lines when they hit a button lol. Anyway I appreciate any info you might have! 

I don't think so. You can change to view to a straight line, or the grid, but you cannot change it from the lines that bend. 

I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway? Once you adapt to this, you'll really appreciate being able to see where your a** end is going when you're backing up in tighter spaces. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

5 hours ago, econometrics said:

I don't think so. You can change to view to a straight line, or the grid, but you cannot change it from the lines that bend. 

I'm not sure why you would want to, anyway? Once you adapt to this, you'll really appreciate being able to see where your a** end is going when you're backing up in tighter spaces. 

This!! I came from a super tiny 2013 KIA Rio sedan to my new 2019 Chevy Silverado and the bendy line feature is a god send. I park like a pro with those things on! I can’t imagine the embarrassment and overall crappy parking I would be doing without those. Especially having people wait for me in a parking lot until I figure it out. I’m always backing up to parking spaces because it’s easier to me than parking head on since I don’t have a front camera and don’t want to dent my front bumper trying to guesstimate my distance to pole or something.

• Like 1

On 9/15/2019 at 11:28 AM, Vertigoxcured said:

We just bought a 19 At4. We are coming from Toyota and the back up guides don’t do the weird (to us anyway) bendy backup guides. We test drove many vehicles before buying this and some of them had options to change the guide to static or bendy. We can’t seem to find anything about it or this bad boy. Only thing that comes up is people asking what happened to the lines when they hit a button lol. Anyway I appreciate any info you might have! 

I too am coming from a Toyota. And the lines still keep throwing me off but I am slowly getting used to them. So I feel your pain!