Ughhhh!!!!!

Got rear ended sitting at a dead stop at a red light, and of course the guy who hit me didn’t have insurance!!! Hit so hard the seat belt airbags went off and lockuped up the seat belts. Thankfully my daughter and myself are okay, but the first repair estimate is for $7,000. My truck is only a year old with  29,000 miles on the clock. I’m so mad I could scream. 

E709653D-24A3-4A62-BD7F-0AE19A8BC38E.jpeg

Would also be mad as hell getting rear ended with a new truck. Otherwise, as long as no one was physically harmed, it`s half as bad.

What I don`t understand. I often read "got in an accident with a uninsured driver" or if I see some US Police videos like PoliceActivitys or LivePD, there  are always people driving without insurance. Why does it seem that this is such a "common" problem?

If you don`t pay your insurance here, you`ll get your license plates pulled away by the police. And if you get caught driving without insurance (which will happen immediately because driving around with no license will cause attention) you`ll lose your drivers license and your car gets towed. + a huge fine.

• Like 1

driving without insurance is a very common problem.  People will get insurance for a month, long enough to be able to register their vehicle or renew the registration, then cancel their insurance once it is insured.  Only way cops will know it is if they pull you over for another violation.  They don't run plates just to see if you have valid insurance. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Would also be mad as hell getting rear ended with a new truck. Otherwise, as long as no one was physically harmed, it`s half as bad.

What I don`t understand. I often read "got in an accident with a uninsured driver" or if I see some US Police videos like PoliceActivitys or LivePD, there  are always people driving without insurance. Why does it seem that this is such a "common" problem?

If you don`t pay your insurance here, you`ll get your license plates pulled away by the police. And if you get caught driving without insurance (which will happen immediately because driving around with no license will cause attention) you`ll lose your drivers license and your car gets towed. + a huge fine.

I really like that idea... as soon as your insurance is canceled and not transferred the police or a different organization is notified and your plates go poof. Hell yeah

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
  • Like 1

Sorry this happened but glad there were no immediate injuries.  I  hope you and your daughter made/make a visit to your family Doctor.  I learned this is a worthwhile precaution a long time ago.  Your physician will let you to know what to watch for post accident.  I also hope you have uninsured motorists protection on your insurance.  We have to surrender our plates when we cancel our insurance but it doesn't stop people from driving with expired insurance.  We use a system of date decals on our plates which makes delinquent renewals harder to spot!

• Like 1

Unfortunate. But hopefully everyone is okay. I just got rear ended in my 15 on Monday on the way to work. Thankfully, my bumper took all of the impact. The Fusion that hit me looks much like the Malibu that hit you however. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, It's Tim said:

Always leave yourself an out...

How about you further enlighten us on that... Stopped at a red light, cars in front and both sides, where is the out? Are you going to run the red light to avoid the rear ending driver if you are first in line? On a bike it is different, I am stopped slightly off to the side with the clutch in and in gear watching ready to hit the shoulder or gap in the cars.

Tyler

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, amxguy1970 said:

How about you further enlighten us on that... Stopped at a red light, cars in front and both sides, where is the out?

I don't drive "in the pack" I'm either in front or behind, never cornered. Always keep an eye on the rear view whenever stopped at an intersection and be ready to bail.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1